Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Just post a topic. Hell, make two. One for off-topic wrestling anticdotes and one for general pre 90's wrestling. Worst that can happen is nobody uses them

What (Classic) Wrestling Are You Watching thread created: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963165

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

karmic who plastered the curse of ohio on you

I'll get them

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I'm pretty sure all of my ancestors who moved to Ohio in the first place are dead, but I've like never looked into it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Joe Burrow

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just read that qcs thread lol. Just make threads and tell people to gently caress off if they're being weird

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

I just read that qcs thread lol. Just make threads and tell people to gently caress off if they're being weird

I didn't even know there was a QCS thread, lmao

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Homies and Headlocks would be a good name for something

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Wrestling desperately needs an imp zone

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

tao of lmao posted:

Isn't that Kaiju Big Battle?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

A zone? Purely for imps? It'll never work

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Please give me a bubble from the people who want a bubble. And then give me a bubble from them. An imp zone for the imp zone.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i agree, get me away from all of you

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

:justpost: imo lol

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I zipped through the thread and I think it's fair enough for people to have somewhere to go that's a bit more loosened up (or :justpost: and people stop giving a poo poo idk). I probably wouldn't be able to post there because my default stance is Very Serious and I love posting :words: about embarrassing television that a part of me actually loves, but one of the reasons I don't really follow threads about current stuff is that the atmos can get a bit intense... intense about wrestling.

I just hope I haven't spoilt anyone's fun whilst posting here, because I've posted a couple of times in things like collocation's problematic language thread. Not gonna justify that now, you probably should laugh at me for it, but overall I want to be here so I can reminisce about poo poo like the time Big Bossman fed Al Snow his own dog and then they fought over the remains of said dog in a wrestling match.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

tao of lmao posted:

lol

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I zipped through the thread and I think it's fair enough for people to have somewhere to go that's a bit more loosened up (or :justpost: and people stop giving a poo poo idk). I probably wouldn't be able to post there because my default stance is Very Serious and I love posting :words: about embarrassing television that a part of me actually loves, but one of the reasons I don't really follow threads about current stuff is that the atmos can get a bit intense... intense about wrestling.

I just hope I haven't spoilt anyone's fun whilst posting here, because I've posted a couple of times in things like collocation's problematic language thread. Not gonna justify that now, you probably should laugh at me for it, but overall I want to be here so I can reminisce about poo poo like the time Big Bossman fed Al Snow his own dog and then they fought over the remains of said dog in a wrestling match.

I think pro wrestling is nuanced enough for both funny shitposting and serious discussion about the underlying politics, people etc or perhaps analysis of pro wrestling as a narrative medium. I personally enjoy all sides of this lovely dumb medium. I don’t see the issue with just posting a funny shitposting thread here, but perhaps as an unfunny poster I don’t really see the atmosphere here the same way those QCS posters do. Dunno

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just find it very silly to ask for a bubble to protect you from all the "WOKE POSTERS" because you're too scared to :justpost::posthaste:

Make a loving poo poo post thread. Make a horny thread. Be the change you want to see. It's a loving forum just post.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

I just find it very silly to ask for a bubble to protect you from all the "WOKE POSTERS" because you're too scared to :justpost::posthaste:

Make a loving poo poo post thread. Make a horny thread. Be the change you want to see. It's a loving forum just post.

You're really upset about this aren't you?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

And maybe mods can like ... mod posters who harass other posters at length about their favourite wrestler's politics or whatever.

OTOH if PSP Balkanizes I want there to be a dedicated "Real fighting" forum for the 5 active threads that we have at any given time

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
we should rename this forum wwe/n

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
please stop loling and lmaoing at us.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tao of lmao posted:

i agree

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Aside from a few posters I've put on ignore I don't really have a problem with the posting on this forum (probably because i put people on ignore) but I gotta say the idea of a non-grey wrestling forum does have its appeal. Like it'd be nice to browse a wrestling subforum where someone doesn't decide to just post their sob story right into a thread or where we could mock someone for always throwing a temper tantrum because their favorite wrestler is not presented the exact way they want that wrestler to be presented.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Swimp zone

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

You're really upset about this aren't you?

I really couldn't give a poo poo. I'll post there. I'll also laugh anytime people who complain about the mods go running for help from the mods.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

It has nothing to do with wanting to shitpost it has everything to do with not wanting to read tedious unfun serious posting that makes up 90% of this forum’s content.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

I really couldn't give a poo poo. I'll post there. I'll also laugh anytime people who complain about the mods go running for help from the mods.

Uh huh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Make a forum for all of my posting enemies and send them all there wait why am I now the only one here

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Rarity posted:

Make a forum for all of my posting enemies and send them all there wait why am I now the only one here

yeah that’s what the people want

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

down with the new forum. make cav ik pls

after some self reflection i realize i have been a fairly damp blanket at times and apologize to anyone who i may have yelled at for posting jokey jokes

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
Speaking as someone who signed up for an account just to read along in the wrestling subforums after lurking for half a year and finally upgraded my account once Lowtax was tossed, I've been pretty happy with how this sub-forum's been going in both jokey and non jokey posters, and glad to see a lot of the weird abuse and edgy trolling have been done away with too.

Seriously. Just post, folks!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

WatermelonGun posted:

yeah that’s what the people want

:holymoley:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Cannot help feeling like factionally splitting away our already-not-populous subforum isn't gonna make much better in the long run.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

CarlCX posted:

Cannot help feeling like factionally splitting away our already-not-populous subforum isn't gonna make much better in the long run.

well letting the depressing lumps of gravy run rampant through this place certainly isn’t a draw (wrestling term)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The PSP forum is a broad church

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

CarlCX posted:

the is the new world order of posting brother

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Shayna Baszler posted:

please stop loling and lmaoing at us.

I was trying to keep things light hearted, I'm sure you can understand.

tao of lmao posted:

It has nothing to do with wanting to shitpost it has everything to do with not wanting to read tedious unfun serious posting that makes up 90% of this forum’s content.

Have you tried reporting posts you think are bad? I would recommend that as a solid first step.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
:justpost:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
since the other thread was locked, do you gotta be nicer about wwe and nxt likers in the wrestling IMPact zone since its about not posting about the serious and political reasons wwe is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I support and any all people who want to post about wrestling with joy in their hearts