Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Question answered below; editing post to remove pointless reading.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Forgive me if my interjection is unwelcome or unwarranted, but before Covid-19, viewing and interacting with correct content that isn't necessarily the best content was thought to be the best way to do forums. Now we know better than that, and Seth Rollins is put into trouble as part of "the bit". Everyone loves Seth Rollins and would quickly initiate a "superstar shakeup" should anything untoward happen to them in the long-term.

Here are three examples of what I mean, in case you don't understand:

Seth Rollins posted:

yeah well its too late for that. i'm stepping all over your rules

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
this is cute, sweet, and not actually mean-spirited, and I suppose the moderation team felt that it would be even more funny to have 'being in trouble' attached to it.

Seth Rollins posted:

i don't know either

this is just as sweet as the last one, and should be taken as part of the discussion that was happening at the time rather than as a post on its own. again, I suspect that adding a "six-pack" onto it was an artistic decision, even if I didn't find it agreeable.

Seth Rollins posted:

i don't like that Kris is playing up alien stereotypes with all this "take me to your leader" stuff

This was a case where the user was held to higher standards and punished for speaking like everyone else on here.

As you can see, it's a little more complicated to compare "problem posters" with "pestered posters" who really keep this placing bumping, spinning, and moving. I feel as though in being earnest and discussing the matter brought forth by Dango Bango, I've got a right to present my truth of how things are. I think if this is considered incorrect by someone, that they hate me and aren't being fair enough, in my opinion.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am concerned about the death threat person being able to send me a pm and to potentially learn a lot about all of the users on here. Many of them talk quite a lot about their lives. Selfishly I hope there is something done regarding that soon, but I can understand the complications that may lead to an undesirable resolution for that point of view. The workload around here has been bigger than I can remember so I don't mean to prise or push. I don't use the word 'prise' in real life but if I remember correctly you might, so that's why I used it. If not then I shouldn't have used it. Thanks much.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

My last post was also made with regard for CJ2's wishes in mind, when speaking about the complicated circumstances of the situation. I am mad that someone did that and has made that poster feel unsafe or at the least uncomfortable to post. No one should be made uncomfortable to post around here except the people who are saying awful things about each other for no good reason, and this is the worst thing someone can say.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I felt that the post was a joke about the act of closing this thread in order to focus on another task, rather than trying to mock a death threat. edit: I hope it's ok to say my thoughts on that matter for what they are worth and not in an attempt to change anything. You can't stop progress.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 6, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It seems like I shouldn't have shared my thoughts and I apologize.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I would assume that he wanted to become friends with an internet-styled person. Having a friend who gets you is an important step toward happiness.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is that a reference to working with the "undercover discord" guy and having him take 100% of the blame or something else?

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 12, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't like how you warn & silence people for being funny because they are snarky or too curt and then do the shrug emote about Sensible jokes being copy/pasted. I don't care about the jokes being repeated actually, but the combo of the previous things coexisting feels stupid and bad for the forum to me. I understand this won't change and people say gently caress off about it. Thank you.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 15, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Please change your quote to include my third edit. I decided to delete my post above for its irrelevance but it wouldn't do any good now. I wish you could delete quotes of yourself both on here and elsewhere so that I would never regret expressing myself.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 15, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I didn't conflate anything that two different people said, and never would. I'm extremely intelligent and observant, with an insanely high level of education and discipline. I was talking about people getting probated for saying weird poo poo that makes them and maybe a few others laugh, harmlessly, then the person who does those probations telling other people this about what they don't like:

Jerusalem posted:

If you don't like seeing the same joke, make different jokes :shrug:

If everyone is sending PMs or 100 post reports for one thing and not the other then I guess I don't have that context available to me so I would ask to be excused.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 16, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That probation on me wasn't real

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I agree with the above posters that you should stop punishing anyone in GDTs unless they say horrific things.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I wish my GDT joy didn't bother people. when the threads aren't even read. And when other people are just posting (real posts): "SHOW rear end" or "I guess" or "2 pages. Goddamn." i just want to be happy.

Edit to say, that the white flag has been waved on the part of Cavauro Johnson, and the probations are justified as they stand. please do not cause anyone to need to speak of me negatively in order to defend disliking my thoughts or me. Thank you all very much.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 17, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am very mad that the street beefs thread was gassed due to the battle between a troll—or "bear poker" if you prefer—and a violent psychopath. please put the thread back where it is supposed to go, or confirm that a new one can be made without incident.

I just looked into it more and I guess it wasn't going to gather many more posts after people stopped laughing at it and started complaining about exploited fighters. I'm not very mad anymore. I'm going to calm down.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 25, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I think if people report posts, they should consider sending a pm to the person they reported, explaining why in a neutral tone. by no means should it be a requirement, but that's what I'm going to do from now on.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There should never be witch hunts unless the witch is extremely harmful in an objective way. And justly, it should be considered completely evil and illegal to initiate witch hunt tactics on people who have already been 'outed' from the beginning because they were open and upfront about their thoughts, unless in the same way they are very harmful. I think Seth Rollins should be moderator of this forum.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sorry

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Old tales tell of Golduck punishing those that defiled its river. The guilty were dragged into the water and taken away.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

alexa's simposium

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the poker forum must be placed elsewhere. i must click on the last subforum to enter here

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

r&f success story

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

oldskool posted:

poo poo, thread wasn't stickied & I almost missed it! Sign me up, please, any number's fine.

feels like a huge oversight happened with the royal rumble roulette sign-up thread. hopefully not too many people are hurt by this.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in truth I was being a big fat jester

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

justice has been served.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Please open the following thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3958587

I don't care if the OP closed it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stop bothering the admin

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Joe Burrow

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

run to the mods. run for your life!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't know

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why i think it should just be a wrestling/mma forum:

-wrestling's unique actual desire for an imp zone
-this is the most viewed forum tied to sports
-the qcs thread was open for 3 days and had a handful of people who don't post here saying they'd be interested
-for real, it's not going to be blockbuster video and wrestling is barely more embarrassing than som eof the other forums
-i'm baby

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Everyone is welcome in the Enclosed Pool Area, except fans that want to talk about other sports, some of the MMA fans, anyone who unironically enjoys the WWE, and anyone who has negative thoughts. Am I missing anything?

adversarial energy, as opposed to negativity, would be the main thing to shed when walking into the subforum.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i really, really want to be the moderator or ik of that new forum by the way. or admin. Preferably the only one. i don't believe a group consisting of yea ok and one or two others "just in case" would be good. THe only problem I have on these forums is when people dont like me, and I would like to be able to drive them away using the probation button if they post in the forum i own. they usually seem to go away if I post, but sometimes they stay on here like an rear end hole

I like QCS because it alerts me to big stuff going on sometimes. Really big.

and finally i've got some feedback for this place. i think every mod here is not the p-word that people say mods are. You're doing a

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

part of my last post was cut off and i don't remember what it was

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's a good idea. it's risky to use their real name, shayna baszler, as a moderator.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

AEW being moved off the sports station in spite of its high profile and success proves that this subforum is not about sports and shouldn't be mixed in with ball

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the line between getting fired and getting badly hurt is perhaps even thinner than the line between being a predator of children and being a huge rear end in a top hat

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There actually needs to be three wrestling forums:

1. here
2. the same thing as here but it's just "chill" people doing the psp-specific memes that crop up, and you're not allowed to be mean
3. imp zone wrestling

might update the list with more later. Sorry if you do not agree. i respect your opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Man i forgot to say in my last post. i would have thought it was cool and made fun of him if will ospreay got fired, or if that ever happens, I will think of something schweet to say. cooltocare