Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NienNunb fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Seth Rollins Drew McEntyre has been on the receiving end of some of the most useless, inexplicable probations I've ever seen. Probations where literally something as simple as a "hey cut that out" would have more than sufficed. Probations where he literally did nothing even vaguely wrong. The idea of wanting punishments towards him to be harsher is genuinely psychotic to me, respectfully.

EDIT: you 110% could sub in Cavauro as well. Both scream of punishing the square pegs for not fitting into round, white noise holes

NienNunb fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 30, 2020

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Chasing off RGL was maybe one of the worst non-mortal sins a mod has ever committed. It set the tone for years to come.

I also think the tiered punishment rule is ridiculous and is a way to remove context and actual human judgement from moderating. It is "clown shoes".

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There are a sizable number of posters who absolutely agree with that post, some of whom have posted in this very thread :birdthunk:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I do not personally feel comfortable posting in a subforum that will welcome someone like that back with open arms at the end of their probation.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Yes I'm certain the guy who calls for the death of his political enemies will behave this time

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Banning a long standing member of the community for occasionally being a funny crank towards a wrestling company was hosed any way you paint it, come on now

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Please permaban the death threat sender and also please stop using your buttons on people being lightly snippy. Thank you, and god bless.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gonna just assume the drive by Nazi accuser has a bigger probation queued up for admin approval, because lmfao if not

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

For the love of god please end the adam cole joke, and the albanian John cena one

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm the most pro-jokes poster in psp but the same 3 jokes are written verbatim every day. Make new jokes. Give them a break let them rest. Bring back Vinceflex tho

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I can't write a joke today that'll be funnier than "Hikaru Shita"

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Adam Cole isn't Mr America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Low Effort post at your own risk. We like to encourage people to make some effort. Users regularly make incredibly clever, funny or well-thought out posts/edits/discussion points etc, and there's nothing quite as annoying as seeing somebody fart out a tired vinceflex.jpg or a single syllable misspelled non-capitalized reply in the middle of that like they're expecting a standing ovation.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Big Bowel

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

i don't like how you warn & silence people for being funny because they are snarky or too curt and then do the shrug emote about Sensible jokes being copy/pasted. I understand this won't change and people say gently caress off about it. Thank you

Yes

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

A post that was apparently in horrendous taste and needed to be punished:

Cavauro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujb-gvqsoi0

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It's not fake

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Using your buttons in a situation where a light "hey cut that out" would more than suffice is what I'm talking about.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

It was no-context, off-topic shitpost that had no reason to be made in that thread. This seems like a weird hill to die on.

NienNunb posted:

Using your buttons in a situation where a light "hey cut that out" would more than suffice is what I'm talking about.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Critical posted:

When people talk about not having concerns taken seriously, the bolded part is why. The first sentence is all you need to explain your actions and would have been enough. The second one dismisses their concern as trivial and needless and does nothing but cause friction.

Yes. I feel like this is an environment where i cannot share my feedback and be actually heard, in this, the feedback thread

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't think people should be probated for jokes, I just think people should strive for better. I'm pretty consistent in my "stop unnecessary probations" philosophy

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I did not mean to start an all day discourse on the morality of off topic posts in GDTs, I just wanted to use an example from a friend of a post I felt was unfairly punished. Obviously others strongly, passionately disagree. Good night.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I just think we should be challenging each other to more fights honestly

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If Cav is gonna get a sixer for being rude at least give the jerk who was nasty to him in the first place (and never apologized) one as well, imo.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What an utterly baffling stance to take on this. Clown poo poo. I hope you get the white noise forum you so desperately want to cultivate, man.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm in contact with Cav on a near daily basis and I can honestly say they're among the most genuine human beings I've ever encountered. He has a fun, harmless way of writing on the Comedy Website Forum. The fact that he's written off by the leader of this community as a gimmick poster because he doesn't compose his posts in MLA format actually pisses me off. What a joke.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Thanlis posted:

I got no standing here and even as a new poster I like Cav's posts, but "it's OK to be a dick as long as you're a well-loved member of the forum and you edit in an apology soon after" is not terribly great. It is in fact possible to be a genuine, kind, weird person and not do that.

On the other hand I'm not sure probation is gonna change much. Moderating isn't fun.

It's a good thing he wasn't being a dick then!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mekchu posted:

I save probes for egregious stuff but like 95% of my probes given out are for comedy or bets, and I let the others in the thread either stamp out bad discussions, or if the majority of the thread are participating in something that doesn't actively break rules then let them have the fun. Eg. dunking on Brandon Schaub.

Sometimes offtopic discussions can be good and fun. It's how we got the saga of oildome.

This is literally all I want from a moderator, this is the philosophy to have.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wonder why the guy who viewed him as a malicious gimmick poster out to ruin threads didn't fairly punish both parties.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Looks like he already unbanned himself lmao, some people's financial dedication to being called a shithead is very funny

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

flatluigi posted:

i only bring this up because it's real funny but their first probation was for saying a wrestler in nazi gear was hot and then they got probated at least two more times for getting mad that they were probated for calling the nazi gear hot

so be glad you missed them

Lmfao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Keep the name it's good

Or change it back to Wrestlehut or Punchsport Pagoda idk

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There should be a card magic trick thread in the poker forum

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm gonna post in the Royal Rumble thread twice and gently caress things up for everyone

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bother the admin more

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I trust that there will be Another Win For The Good Guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

It came up in the thread, but this probation was not good.

If you want the discussion to stop, say so and if you're gonna throw out probes for carrying it on afterwards do it for people defending the rating as well as the people annoyed at it.

Please, I don't know how many times we need to go through the loop of "put more effort into your moderating" before it sticks but let's try again - not writing anything in the thread asking people to move on is bad, making the probation reason a one-worder is bad, only probating the people raising the complaint is bad if there are others keeping the conversation going when you want it stopped.