Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

gently caress lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

It wasn't even the first time someone had been challenged to a fight in that thread lol

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

NienNunb posted:

I just think we should be challenging each other to more fights honestly

This is the new forums era we should accept

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah im not opposed to there being another streetbeefs thread as long as theres an agreed upon understanding that the concept of streetbeefs is really loving stupid.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

if you challenge someone to a fight in the streetbeefs thread you have to pay for their plane ticket or I ban you

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Orange Carlisle posted:

Can you also add that you have to make a fight promo in video form toward that person before paying for their ticket

Yes.

Also, please no goon shootfights during a pandemic

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The thread is open again. Sorry I wasn't there for this last night, I came down with what is either a nasty headcold or maybe Covid so I was mostly sleeping.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Looking at the reports forum there were a couple people reporting cav's post for what that's worth, so I guess some posters had issue with it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

TBH I wasn't a fan of either post cause dumb poster slapfights suck, though tbh Id put a little bit more shade on LC because come on dude you're a mod.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Joey McChrist posted:

i think it should be made plain to people to use the ignore function or to learn how to scroll past posts if they're not a fan of the poster instead of reporting every post they make like a knob.

Generally this is the course of action I'd recommend, yeah. Unless they start harassing people or some poo poo.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

CommonShore posted:

punk rear end spurious reports should be more probatable than standalone gimmick posts. It's poo poo like that which makes moderating hard.

e. and there should be a name and shame on it too

I get the sentiment, and I honestly hate some of the spurious reports I've seen in this sub, but I hope people realise the optics that a name and shame system would have.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, it will just make people afraid to report stuff that really should be reported. I think spurious reports should just be taken as a reminder that not every report needs to have action. And sometimes they need an action but it's not a probe, it's just a gentle reminder or sending someone a heads up. Sometimes it's even just dropping in a post on a new topic and there goes the thread into the new topic, fight over.

For what it'sworth, the way the reports forum is laid out this attitude is encouraged, we can simply just leave a post for the admins saying "yeah this post doesn't require a probe or anything tbh"

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

JOHN CENA posted:

i kind of feel like we have outgrown SAS and could probably split off into our own forum proper in The Finer Arts

Tbh I don't feel like this would make any meaningful difference

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Benne posted:

To honor a great puro tradition, Fight Island splits off into its own vanity forum with the mods booking themselves on top

Gonna get the MMA posters to make the wrestling thread OPs

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

OK, but...

does karmicknight want to join the Fight Island mod team?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I can put the request forward to admins. Are there any other tags we should add/replace while we're at it?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Is Yukaichiban an Ichiban alt because I only seem to have noticed Yukai trying to start poo poo across multiple threads whenever Ichiban has been banned/probed

They're either a different poster or ichibahn going to weird lengths to hide them being the same

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Violent Hugging Zone

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Thanlis posted:

I demand a dedicated forum for pro wrestling tabletop games.

Book It! is a good card game

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

A zone? Purely for imps? It'll never work

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Brut posted:

If you think a post is bad, and you can in any way articulate why (or if it seems obvious to you, needing no explanation), please report the post.

If you think people keep making bad posts of some kind that do not break a rule, post here and suggest a rule that solves the problem, or make a new thread with an OP rule not to do the thing you dislike. Or, and I know this might seem like a totally weird thing to do on a discussion forum, but perhaps discuss your issues with fellow posters in a clearly communicated way, perhaps letting them know that something is bothering you, and figure out a way to resolve it? Worth a shot.

Whatever thread you're planning on making in the proposed imp zone? Again, :justpost: it.

But you went off and made a QCS thread about splitting the forum without talking to almost anyone here, without bringing your issues up to anyone in any way and really, without being able to point to any examples of the posting that bothers you, except for 1 isolated thread.

You might turn out to be right about your original point but the manner you went about asking for it is harming your case.

They just want a different environment dude

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

NienNunb posted:

Lots of people snuck in ideas in the QCS thread while I was sleeping or working but let me make this perfectly clear: Rovert is only allowed to post in the Hot Dog Baseball thread, and if he doesn't make at least three on topic posts a day he'll be banned.

Make this man mod

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Posting Underground

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I think taking any one poster's posts as indicative of the people who want another forum is really loving stupid

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

neoaxd posted:

I'm only gonna talk about how matches aren't dangerous enough. i want blood.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rarity posted:

Come at me karmic I do not fear you

It is illegal to post vinceflex, but it is also illegal to probate for vinceflex

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

For every 9 lovely qcs threads there is one that's pure gold

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Wrestlehut X-Seven

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'd assume an IP check was done that came back clear due to the magic of VPNs. Sometimes you just get stuck waiting on a dipshit to out themselves.

This is the case. I had my guess it was Hetfield or LividLiquid but eh, they're banned now

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ok I just rad the new Japan thread and yeah nevermind

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah I don't agree with just a ban for that, that was way too far. I'll see what I can do when I get home from my vaccine shot.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

They aren't even necessarily a rereg but they still shouldn't post here again

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah he ain't becoming a better person

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Colton Gunn

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The Undertaker

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

frankenfreak posted:

On one hand, :hmmyes:, on the other, let's not name this forum after a nazi maybe.

The yetay

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah sure, I'm in favour of people not putting spoilers in thread titles, Dynamite airs at 1am here and I can only assume a lot of people here don't watch live because of that.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If it helps I can edit out posts that are literally just "hey look at this hate speech" or does outright wiping posts go too far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Bastion booger