Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Jerusalem posted:

There is no official Discord for Fight Island. Please do not bring issues you have had on a Discord server to FIGHT ISLAND, it will be considered off-site drama.

I'd like a caveat to this. We had a situation when the LGBT+ megathread was in E/N where we needed to warn people about a predatory goon and the E/N mod at the time went absolutely bananas with their buttons about offsite drama. This situation largely led to the mod in question ending up being removed and I don't want to see the mods here make the same mistake.

Some off-site issues are serious enough to become on-site issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Jerusalem posted:

The following addendum has been added:

In the (hopefully) rare event that you discover via an off-site that a poster from this subforum is involved in something extremely serious/dangerous/criminal etc, then please get into immediate contact with an admin (feel free to bypass the mods entirely, we'd only be passing it directly on to them anyway) with whatever proof you have so they can take whatever action is necessary, whether that be a permaban or getting into contact with relevant authorities or both.

---

Hopefully this answers your concerns?

Not particularly, I don't have faith that telling the admins that a goon is predating on goons off-site would lead to action (in fact I'd fully expect them to shrug their shoulders and say "oh well its not our problem"), but it's better than nothing.

E: this isn't necessarily your problem, I just haven't had very much faith in the leadership of this site for a very long time now

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

NienNunb posted:

Please permaban the death threat sender and also please stop using your buttons on people being lightly snippy. Thank you, and god bless.

It's a perfectly reasonable probation

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
"is there an update on this?"

There I managed to achieve the same thing Seth wanted to without getting probated.

I know there's frustration about the moderation in here (I've been a critic about not doing enough multiple times in these threads), but coming in trying to dunk on them is gonna achieve gently caress all. My goal is for mods to actually use their buttons and handle repeatedly problem posters, that ain't gonna be best achieved by open warfare

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
It absolutely shouldn't be probatable. It shouldn't have been bannable when it was img-timeline and fiestacat to be honest, we should've just gotten over inside jokes/memes quicker as a community

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

forkboy84 posted:

Really, poker should be a sub forum of Trad Games

It's clearly not a real sport like pro wrestling

We've only just escaped Trad Games :smith:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
It came up in the thread, but this probation was not good.

If you want the discussion to stop, say so and if you're gonna throw out probes for carrying it on afterwards do it for people defending the rating as well as the people annoyed at it.

Please, I don't know how many times we need to go through the loop of "put more effort into your moderating" before it sticks but let's try again - not writing anything in the thread asking people to move on is bad, making the probation reason a one-worder is bad, only probating the people raising the complaint is bad if there are others keeping the conversation going when you want it stopped.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

karmicknight posted:

It was a joke 6er.

Possibly not the greatest ever. ****3/4

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Rarity posted:

Every poster is your enemy in a battle royale

But like the Big Show, we're all going to have to gang up on you because how else do you eliminate the biggest poster?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Critical posted:

*taps Get Rid Of Slimy markS* sign on the clubhouse door*

ah so we're allowed one then?

where do I apply

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I like the occasional thread elsewhere, the GBS wrestling thread's been great and it was fun in the Friday forum too

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Rarity's post is really good, but I'm a little worried that multiple people have quoted a couple of lines of it and gone "this is the bit I most agree with". What I took from it is that there's stuff that both "sides" of this discussion could be doing better to make this a less lovely place to post, and it comes off that people have skim read it, found the bits that apply to the other side and mentally discarded the stuff that would actually require them to improve themselves.

I hope that's not what's happened!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Cavauro posted:

i pet the little baby rowlet

the little baby rowlet continues to snooze, but also appreciates the petting

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I think shutting the Wrestle Queerdom thread after one (admittedly loving terrible, should've eaten a probe) bad post was probably a bit premature. I don't think people are really done talking about it, and it'll just spill out into other venues, most likely the social media thread that it originally span off of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

jesus WEP posted:

my sincere advice is just don’t read any post that’s more than 2 sentences. ez pz.

gonna start writing 2000-word posts which are just one massive run-on sentence