Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

of SA-Mart forever

I am posting this here because I am looking for such a thing in order to play retro console games.

In short, I recently ran into a problem that I have never had before. I live in the Americas but have for the first time PAL media that I would like to play. The console(s) plays both NTSC and PAL with no problem, but I have both a flat LED television as well as an old CRT and neither display PAL games properly. I'm embarrassed that I didn't think of this and sad that there doesn't seem to be any solution for it, but I wanted to ask in case I missed something. I've searched a good deal with no log finding any sort of adapter/converter, which surprised me as there seems to be an adapter for everything these days.

Any ideas? In all cases I am using composite input cables, if that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Seems like they do in fact exist and you can expect to pay somewhere in the neighbourhood of $50 for them. Make sure you get one that takes RCA input. This one seems to do what you want.

Thuryl fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 30, 2020