Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Flak jacket needs a nerf. Change my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I'm okay with it protecting someone from one explosive, but if I'm running danger close and hit them with two in quick succession then they should be dead.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
The only time I don't run Flak Jacket is when I'm using a sniper rifle since I want a SMG or shotgun in my secondary slot, so I need Wildcard, and I prioritize Tactical Mask in the first perk slot to make me immune to flashbangs and gas mines. Otherwise it's a no brainer with Perk Greed and yeah, it's insanely OP.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
new issue: on my laptop, launching Cold War makes mouse clicking stop working?? whether it's in the game or alt-tabbed back to the desktop, as soon as I launch the game from the Blizzard launcher, I can no longer left or right click with the trackpad on the laptop or an external mouse connected via USB until I restart the whole computer. this did not start happening until the Season 2 update. a quick googling and it doesn't seem like anyone else has this problem, though apparently this game has had a ton of mouse-related issues in the past.

I've already made sure my mouse drivers are up to date (they are and always have been) but there's nothing else I can think of to diagnose this extremely loving stupid problem. I can navigate in the menus with the keyboard, or if I plug in a controller, but the game completely breaks mouse clicking. what the gently caress lol

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

WattsvilleBlues posted:

it's absolutely loving ridiculous on hardcore. people can tank like three RPGs

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

barnold posted:

new issue: on my laptop, launching Cold War makes mouse clicking stop working?? whether it's in the game or alt-tabbed back to the desktop, as soon as I launch the game from the Blizzard launcher, I can no longer left or right click with the trackpad on the laptop or an external mouse connected via USB until I restart the whole computer. this did not start happening until the Season 2 update. a quick googling and it doesn't seem like anyone else has this problem, though apparently this game has had a ton of mouse-related issues in the past.

I've already made sure my mouse drivers are up to date (they are and always have been) but there's nothing else I can think of to diagnose this extremely loving stupid problem. I can navigate in the menus with the keyboard, or if I plug in a controller, but the game completely breaks mouse clicking. what the gently caress lol

Is it in borderless windowed mode? I had a similar problem with MW and putting it in full screen fixed it.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Ugly play some warzone or multiplayer with the goons sometime, it’s fuckin great we’d love to have you

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Sometime soon I’ll break my usual habit of being super antisocial with my multiplayer games and join you guys.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Gun Game is fun but it would be more fun if the game wouldn't start before my loading screen finishes and someone is at level 3 or 4 by the time I spawn in.

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Ugly play some warzone or multiplayer with the goons sometime, it’s fuckin great we’d love to have you

Do we have a list of activision IDs for cross-platform or Blizz IDs? I think I got several requests to my inbox after I last posted mine but it would always be empty despite notifications.

Stren31 - Activision
Strenots#1205 - Blizzard

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Warzone is generally more active, but lately there's been some real zombieing going on:

https://discord.gg/zvXeKQbP

CW doesn't have a regiment though, but feel free to join the Discord and when a game is getting started you can share your details on discord

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Completed the operator challenge for Baker to get 15 kills with a tactical rifle in a match, then backed out since the rest of my party had dropped. The challenge has registered as being complete, but the operator skin reward didn't unlock, and it didn't unlock when I completed the next tier of the challenge either. Is this something that will fix itself eventually or did I screw myself over?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Volte posted:

The only time I don't run Flak Jacket is when I'm using a sniper rifle since I want a SMG or shotgun in my secondary slot, so I need Wildcard, and I prioritize Tactical Mask in the first perk slot to make me immune to flashbangs and gas mines. Otherwise it's a no brainer with Perk Greed and yeah, it's insanely OP.

Flak jacket and sniping are really pissing me off at the moment. Why the gently caress is quick scoping/no scoping still a part of this franchise so many years in?

I've been thinking about what the developers could do with all the new processing power of the new consoles, now that they won't be constraints by the shite Jaguar cores in last generation machines.

Any thoughts on what they might do with Call of Duty?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Why is everyone so horny for kills and hyper aggro in warzone give us a loving break we just want to loot and kill every now and then stop the uavs plz

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I knew you wouldn’t be able to keep up

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

I knew you wouldn’t be able to keep up

Backseat stream viewing trash telling us what to do while not even playing get the gently caress out of the mon hun chat

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Why the gently caress is quick scoping/no scoping still a part of this franchise so many years in?
Since I unlocked the diamond LMG camo I've been trying to unlock the camos for sniper rifles and have determined that sniper rifles loving suck rear end and I hate using them. I feel like the "get 20 Bloodthirsty medals" camo is going to take 10x longer than the other camos. I'm constantly getting outsniped from a great distance by assault rifles, tactical rifles, and LMGs. Given all the crazy scopes and high accuracy attachments available to the other guns, it seems like quick-scoping is really the only thing available exclusively to sniper rifles, otherwise it's just a terrible tactical rifle that has slow ADS and a ton of idle sway.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I finally found out a Cold War thread exists!

How does everyone feel about the FARA and LC10? I'm using the LC10 more than the 74u since I unlocked it. The FARA? It sure seems that my Krig does everything better.

I also unlocked the Predator Vision scope on my Krig and it feels like cheating.

I'm old and on Xbox with a Series Two Elite controller, for what it's worth.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Meyers Leonard lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Meyers Leonard lmao

COD hitting the news again!

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

COD hitting the news again!

You spelled “Jews” wrong

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Takes a special kind of dude to be a white nba player and racist, but you know if he exists he plays warzone

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

:stare:

Hell of a way to lose your job.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
My NAT type reverted from Open to Moderate after a few days of forwarding the port for it. Anyone else got this problem? Port is still forwarding, we stopped and restarted it just to try and see if it was being finicky, and short of loving DMZing the drat thing I'm without options.

While I'm here I found a fix for a different issue - any time I tried playing with certain friends I was permanently listed as offline, while others saw me online with no issue. The problem is that if someone has you as a friend on multiple platforms (example: my roommate who has me on PS4 and my activision tag for pc) it will just check one of them and not the other, resulting in me being online for anyone I've only got on my pc friends but never being on for people who had me on both. Removing them from the one you don't interact on seemed to work for my roommate, but I guess I'm just SOL with my sister who I play more than just CW with.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The friend system is hosed. Has been since day one.

I’m on PC, everyone I play with is on Xbone.

Only some of them can join me, I can only join some of them (not necessarily the same ones that can join me). They can’t always join each other. We have one friend that we call “the glue”, because he keeps us all together, that everyone for some reason is always able to join, and if he’s not playing then it’s sort of a crapshoot.

This is to say nothing of adding friends across platforms or anything like that. I had one friend that I absolutely could not add and the only way he and I could play together is if a mutual was online that we could both join

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm a bit confused by CoD these days. I want to just gently caress around online casually like I do with Rocket League; play a few matches, move on. I have no interest in spending additional money on costumes or whatever.

Which CoD do I get today? I used to play so much CoD Modern Warfare back in the day and want that same kid of experience. I played the single player of CoD Modern Warfare and liked it a lot, but I would prefer a different game so I can do the campaign in addition to multiplayer

blue squares fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 12, 2021

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

blue squares posted:

I'm a bit confused by CoD these days. I want to just gently caress around online casually like I do with Rocket League; play a few matches, move on. I have no interest in spending additional money on costumes or whatever.

Which CoD do I get today? I used to play so much CoD Modern Warfare back in the day and want that same kid of experience. I played the single player of CoD Modern Warfare and liked it a lot, but I would prefer a different game so I can do the campaign in addition to multiplayer

I'm very much in the same category of player as you and I've been enjoying Cold War. I only played a bit of the campaign but it seemed fine. Multi player maps are fairly decent, only a couple that suck (satellite).

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

All of the shittiness of this game is offset by Prop Hunt

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Only some of them can join me, I can only join some of them (not necessarily the same ones that can join me). They can’t always join each other. We have one friend that we call “the glue”, because he keeps us all together, that everyone for some reason is always able to join, and if he’s not playing then it’s sort of a crapshoot.

This is to say nothing of adding friends across platforms or anything like that. I had one friend that I absolutely could not add and the only way he and I could play together is if a mutual was online that we could both join
In my situation I do crossplay between PS5 and PC. My Activision account is linked to my PSN account, but I'm playing through Battle.net. PSN players can't see me online unless they unfriend me on PSN first and then "Activision friend" me through the game, otherwise they just see me as an offline PSN player. It's not a great system, although I'll take it over not having crossplay at all.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I was having weird friend/party issues and they appear to be resolved since I reinstalled in battlenet.

I couldn't join a zombies party and showed up as offline to my friends.

pacerhimself fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 13, 2021

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

There's a streamer I play with from time to time. The pattern is usually:

1. He invites me. I fail to join.
2. I join manually (join session in progress or whatever).
3. We play a game.
4. I get dropped from the party once the game ends.
5. Go to 1.

This happened when he was on PS4 and PS5 (I'm on 4). No difference.

blue squares posted:

Play Call of Duty: Warzone. It is free, has a better engine than Black Ops, and it's free. There are periodically game modes other than Plunder and Battle Royale that rotate in (e.g., large scale team death matches, zombies, vehicle mode).

Prowler fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 13, 2021

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Prowler posted:

Play Call of Duty: Warzone. It is free, has a better engine than Black Ops, and it's free. There are periodically game modes other than Plunder and Battle Royale that rotate in (e.g., large scale team death matches, zombies, vehicle mode).

I really hate battle royale games. Spend 10 minutes running around for a 5 second firefight that I lose

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

blue squares posted:

I really hate battle royale games. Spend 10 minutes running around for a 5 second firefight that I lose

They currently have a small map game mode called resurgence that often also includes respawns if you still have a teammate alive. It’s much more fast paced than typical BRs. Worth checking out if pace is the only/main detractor from playing BRs.

Additionally, plunder is a mode that involves selecting your load out and respawning on death, and whoever collects the most cash wins in the end, so you might enjoy that mode over the BR.

Bungeyjump
Nov 9, 2003
Bungeyjumpingpeopledie

blue squares posted:

Of the two modern CODs - MW2019 and Black Ops Cold War, the MW2019 engine feels a lot better.

The best option though, is to buy neither and play Warzone which is built in the MW2019 engine and is free!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah the MW engine feels better for sure.

I really wish they would have just kept the same engine and built blops on top of it

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012

blue squares posted:

Which CoD do I get today?

Modern Warfare 2019 definitely has a nicer fit and finish but I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer the more straightforward and traditional maps and gunplay in Cold War. The "death from every angle" vibe in MW got under my skin some days. If you're basic like me and want to hop on for 3-4 straightforward 6v6s or some Search and Destroy in a visually clean map, you may prefer CW. If you ever liked Zombies, you will probably prefer CW, since it's the freshest Zombies has felt in a while. If you got bored of vanilla COD 6v6 several years ago, you may prefer the slightly more contemporary gunplay in MW. If you already have Warzone on your hard drive, you may just want to roll with MW.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If you’re paying for a new COD today get black ops. Mw2019 isn’t getting any new content as far as I know.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
The new Stockpile mode in Cold War seems really poorly balanced. For one thing it makes no sense that when you collect a bunch of enemy tags and then the enemy kills you, you drop them all as friendly tags. There's basically no reason to do anything except camp the stockpile point and wait for someone with a shitload of tags to come near, kill them, then collect the tags they dropped and try to stockpile them yourself. When I first heard the description of the mode, I assumed you'd drop your own tag plus whatever enemy tags you picked up, which could be fun, almost like a capture the flag type of thing. But as it is, picking up enemy tags actually increases the enemy's potential score by making you a jucier target. The incentive to collect a tag that's not within about 10 feet of the stockpile point is almost nil. I'm probably going to pass on this mode unless they make some major changes to it. There should also probably be at least two stockpile points. The last game I played, the stockpile point was almost always covered in napalm fire.

Volte fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 14, 2021

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.
I ran Stockpile a bunch with some friends on Friday and it was the sweatiest bullshit I've played in a long while for exactly those reasons. Either people are way too clustered together around the point and the match ends quickly/lopsided or it times out with basically no one scoring because no one could get to the point in the first place. I thought we were eating poo poo because we were all trying to level guns, but switching to the good meta stuff showed it's the mode. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

HebrewMagic posted:

My NAT type reverted from Open to Moderate after a few days of forwarding the port for it. Anyone else got this problem? Port is still forwarding, we stopped and restarted it just to try and see if it was being finicky, and short of loving DMZing the drat thing I'm without options.

Does your router handle port forwarding per IP? Double check if your router DHCP has assigned your computer a different IP on the network