Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Finally unlocked the machete.

Sweet Jesus Christ, that makes melee kills so much easier. If you tell me it has the exact same length and kill box as the knife, I will not believe you.

Managed to play some of my most worthless matches ever trying to unlock the Nail Gun. I was using the grenade launcher, which is pretty loving finicky about hits. Also, there is no way to keep a running tally of when you hit five kills, so I always ended up just playing it the whole match. Still, got 5 of 15 done for the Nail Gun.

I'm also down to two tac rifles to level from 45-MAX and I'm done with everything. Other than snipers. Because gently caress that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
yea wait till you nail the slide kills. I only triggered it once I think but it’s hilariously ovverreaching. Like you’ll slide AND close the gap, feels like 5 m reach from the start of the slide, easily. I think the machete reach is about double of the knife. I’ve spent far too many times running behind people but with the machete you can easily close that last gap.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
God drat the matches are so sweaty now I am just getting worked. I guess because of the new season, but why can’t it match me with people of a similar skill level?

It’s really frustrating and I end up just repeatedly killing myself in hardcore running out of bounds to try to drop my rating.

The SPM charts just dropped off a literal cliff.

Also gently caress whoever decided to put the CDL skins in the game. That poo poo is the worst and having to remember if the assholes on your team have the black or the grey hoodies.. gently caress that poo poo

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

Tried to buy the BattlePass and it ended up giving me an error and taking my COD Points without giving me the BattlePass. Now I'm at the mercy of Activision customer support.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

loving hell another season already ? no wonder the game felt so barren on release 3/4 of it was held back to feed this bullshit

edit: and im still playing modern warfare instead because its better

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

priznat posted:

Long shots on a kill confirmed is not playing the objective! :haw:

I am grinding out to get thermal on the stoner for maps such as that.

I run dual LMGs(the m60 and the stoner) and having one with thermal is great for using on snipers.

Anyone tried the season 4 LMG yet?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
That nailgun is stupid fun, running point to point on hijacked just sticking people up with power tools

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

What's the best way to get the nailgun? I've been playing core mp with M79 and usually can get 5 kills with it per round.. I get killed a lot tho.

I would like a setting that you can tick a box and never have anyone with a diamond gun in your lobby because it's just a curbstomping when they're around, sigh.

I don't really love hijacked either.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I unlocked it in zombies, just have to get 25 kills in 12 different regions in outbreak.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Did the new update make Black Ops take up way more space or something? I got an "out of disk space" warning on my computer because it started updating and I was apparently short by 19GB. The install folder is over 100GB and I have everything disabled except Multiplayer and Zombies. I swear it was smaller than that before.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Altared State posted:

I unlocked it in zombies, just have to get 25 kills in 12 different regions in outbreak.

I am not used to speedrunning outbreak levels so that would take forever! :haw:

*tracks down every crate in Golova, takes 3 hours*

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Ready to unlock this nail gun, so I can put away the loving grenade launcher forever.

Six more Five Special Kill matches to go.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

"having" to use the grenade launcher was always fun and i'm sure some of the messier maps/playlists will make it a blast. You could also double down with the outlaw (?) wildcard and scavenger, uh, wait, outlaw won't let you equip two of the same weapons, gently caress. But still, Scavenger.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Amsterdam has some great corridors to poot the nades down and even if it doesn't kill them outright if someone finishes them off that elimination counts towards the total. I got the nailgun thanks to that on mostly that one and u-bahn.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The crossbow is a special weapon and easy to get 5 kills with

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

pacerhimself posted:

The crossbow is a special weapon and easy to get 5 kills with

I don’t have it unlocked somehow :v: but playing sticks and stones should help yea

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The MG82 is ridonkulous in MP and a laser beam in warzone so I bet it gets nerfed. Fires so fast and hardly any recoil.

Cold war sucks for not having the option to mount!

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

priznat posted:

Cold war sucks for not having the option to mount!

This actually makes CW better :p

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

pacerhimself posted:

This actually makes CW better :p

Add mount and take away quickscoping imo :colbert:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

priznat posted:

Not empty quoting

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

priznat posted:

:hmmyes:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

priznat posted:

Activision hire this goon

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Unlocked the railgun and the M82. Didn't have much time to play with them tonight.

What's the consensus on those two? Does the nail gun actually have a little range? In the MG trash? Because I'm going to max it out, regardless.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

I don’t care, how do you unlock the railgun? :v:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The nail gun is really powerful up close but drops off in range fast.

The M82 is hilariously OP right now, it’s a freakin laser with almost no recoil and fires insanely fast. Raven has already said via tweet they are going to nerf it soon but it will still be pretty good I bet. Just that fire rate probably means you can squeeze bursts out before recoil becomes a problem. But right now you can just hose it and it stays on target.

Just unlocked the C58 and it seems like a good hardcore gun, fires slow and the bullets will do enough damage for a guaranteed kill in HC. In Core it might be ok if you can hit upper torso/head well but probably not any better than the AK.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

So I’ve been asking if level skips for the battle pass carry over and somebody said they didn’t - they do! But they seem to all get activated as soon as you start the next battle pass as I started like 3 levels ahead. So seems to be worth saving them up unless you need them near the end of the season.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Zwille posted:

So I’ve been asking if level skips for the battle pass carry over and somebody said they didn’t - they do! But they seem to all get activated as soon as you start the next battle pass as I started like 3 levels ahead. So seems to be worth saving them up unless you need them near the end of the season.

I don't remember where, but I read they do carry over. I had the same joyous experience as you!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Found a weird exploit in zombies that might help if you need salvage, if you ever do a trial that is collect essence and salvage just collect a bit til you get common or rare then go to the reward station and collect it, it will probably have salvage and essence and enough to get another common. Just repeat that until time runs out, you can get quite a bit!

The collecting salvage trial doesn’t come up a lot because there are a bunch of potential trials though.

I did a zombies mission last nite where you find a crashed helicopter on Sanatorium and then go across the bridge accompanied by a rover then fight an orda to get extracted, it was pretty fun.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Unlocked the new AR as I played my final match for the night.

How's it stack up to everything else? For my old man reflexes, I adore the Krig probably followed by the XM4. Curious how everyone else is enjoying the new AR.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Unlocked the new AR as I played my final match for the night.

How's it stack up to everything else? For my old man reflexes, I adore the Krig probably followed by the XM4. Curious how everyone else is enjoying the new AR.

The C58? It kinda rules. I am playing warzone again (plunder) and it hits really hard and is easy to down folks.

Warzone/MW just plays so much better than cw:blops I have decided. Can’t remember if it was this thread or another where someone said that cod:cw:blops is like a mobile game version of cod and it’s kinda true!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I don't play this game more than an hour a week so I'm only slowly getting better. Finally I'm good enough to get 3 kills in a row with the shotgun every match or two, so I am making some street sweeper progress. Otherwise I'm in love with the stoner, it's so, so good. What sight should I use with it? I'm using a 2x scope.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

priznat posted:

Found a weird exploit in zombies that might help if you need salvage, if you ever do a trial that is collect essence and salvage just collect a bit til you get common or rare then go to the reward station and collect it, it will probably have salvage and essence and enough to get another common. Just repeat that until time runs out, you can get quite a bit!

The collecting salvage trial doesn’t come up a lot because there are a bunch of potential trials though.

I did a zombies mission last nite where you find a crashed helicopter on Sanatorium and then go across the bridge accompanied by a rover then fight an orda to get extracted, it was pretty fun.

Don't collect your reward until it's legendary. Rewards stack for each trial you do, so there's little incentive to grab your reward before you max it out.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

PureRok posted:

Don't collect your reward until it's legendary. Rewards stack for each trial you do, so there's little incentive to grab your reward before you max it out.

Yah this is more when I don’t think I’d be able to grab enough for legendary, and just want to load up on salvage to upgrade my gun.

The ray gun is ridiculously OP but I mostly play zombies to level up guns for warzone anyway :haw:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I don't really have any clue about the drop rate of any of the Outbreak Currency, other than the really obvious Z-Points.

The stuff to buy armor and upgrade gun tiers is a loving mystery to me.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

You know how I loving hate sniping?

Well, I picked up the M82/83/Big rear end Sniper Rifle for the first time tonight. That thing rips. It's in my sniper spot in place of the Tundra now.

In other news - Do you ever have a round where everything just clicks?

I could probably play another five years and not have a round like that. My main ran dry by kill 9, my street sweeper by 13, the rest of the damage was done with a scavenged Diamatti.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
I've been putting a ton of hours into CW lately, but it would be nice to have folks to play with. I'm on PS5 - The_Manxome_Foe

I like the goofy arcadey feel better than MW19, so I guess I'm in the minority.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Quick Question - I've got a few guns that only need the "Get kills while detected" skins left before Gold.

If I want to rack those up real fast, is there something better than trying to rampage the two or three times a round I pop my radar airplane scorestreak?

Follow Up - What's everyone's favorite sniper right now?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

I think using the directional microphone field equipment also works, but that recharges kind a slowly. You could offset that with the perk that speeds that up (and the hacker perk for hacking enemy mikes). Combine that with the assassin perk and calling in spyplanes (and maybe have the harp selected as a scorestreak as well if you’re that good) and you should make a little more leeway.

Finally got around to playing some more S4 yesterday and man, collateral TDM kinda sucks, but maybe I just need to get it to know better. On paper it sounds great but in reality: eh.

Unlocked the nailgun too just as I closed shop for the night :toot:

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
'Kill x enemies detected, stunned, or blinded by your scorestreaks, equipment, or field upgrades in multiplayer'

I think that includes flashes and stuns, but with tac mask that's not much help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Captain Log posted:

The stuff to buy armor and upgrade gun tiers is a loving mystery to me.

Green salvage is 50 per pick up, blue salvage is higher quality and 10 per pick up. Green salvage is used to upgrade your gun to green (uncommon) and blue (rare) damage. Blue salvage upgrades it to purple (epic) and orange (legendary) damage. If you find an aether wrench, it will automatically jump your gun to the next damage tier.

Green salvage can also be used to get level 1 and level 2 armor (level 1 is sometimes dropped by dead zombies or in loot boxes though), and blue salvage upgrades to level 3 armor. Additionally, green salvage can get you lethal and tactical equipment, and blue salvage can get you killstreaks.

My favorite sniper is the Tundra, I just can't make the Pellington and M82 work for me and I haven't really played with the newer snipers. Busy working on leveling up the C58, that thing is ridiculously good once you throw extended fast mags on it.