Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
FYI you can change the dumbass original color scheme for HUD indicators in options btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

ethanol posted:

the lack of factions in vanguard is really weird and jarring and kinda sucks

if you're going to do that idk why you wouldn't just actually have fun and make the whole game setting fully ludicrous dieselpunk

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

LGD posted:

if you're going to do that idk why you wouldn't just actually have fun and make the whole game setting fully ludicrous dieselpunk

Yeah they really missed the ball on dieselpunk or weird war. Basically infinite warfare but in WW2.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Fenarisk posted:

Yeah they really missed the ball on dieselpunk or weird war. Basically infinite warfare but in WW2.

Anything but vanilla ww2 again

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
Just reinstalled MW. Boy oh boy that's a good game. CW was such a downgrade in every conceivable way. One might say CW is poo poo.

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice

Trump posted:

Just reinstalled MW. Boy oh boy that's a good game. CW was such a downgrade in every conceivable way. One might say CW is poo poo.

Meh.
CW is the game to gently caress around with friends on.
MW is the game to get good at.

I am pretty sure CW exists as it is to draw people into the franchise by lowering the bar.

I almost wish they would separate black ops from other cods. Like I want jetpacks and wall running and grapple hooks.

Just like do it and don't call it cod.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

SSH IT ZOMBIE posted:

Meh.
CW is the game to gently caress around with friends on.
MW is the game to get good at.

I am pretty sure CW exists as it is to draw people into the franchise by lowering the bar.

I almost wish they would separate black ops from other cods. Like I want jetpacks and wall running and grapple hooks.

Just like do it and don't call it cod.

That's Titanfall 2

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I'd love sequels to Infinite Warfare and Advanced Warfare. WW2 outstayed its welcome back in 2006. There's nothing left to milk from it.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I'd love sequels to Infinite Warfare and Advanced Warfare. WW2 outstayed its welcome back in 2006. There's nothing left to milk from it.

They should just put the M1 Garande in every CoD game no matter what and swear off WW2 forever.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Beta extended by 2 days.

Edit: gently caress me. When my character is British and doing his callouts for some killstreaks, his voice switches to a German accent.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 18, 2021

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Everything is ugly, the animations are janky as hell, and it doesn't look like there are any neat toys to play with. This is on series x. WTF were they thinking.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My favorite moment ive seen in seeing people stream / play the beta was when a streamer unironically asked:

"The map is called Eagle's Nest. But why is it house?"

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
Lol vanguard is hilarious. Back to back quad feeds and a British announcer is yelling bloodbath like it is unreal tournament.

It's like CW and MW had a child.

It seems really fast paced. Chaotic even. Movement feels good.

Not what I expected.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

SSH IT ZOMBIE posted:

Black Ops 3 had jetpacks and wallrunning, and it was the last great CoD.

Vanguard isn't it. My big issue is map design. The pacing is too slow for 6v6, and the maps discourage movement with the 800 angles you can die from. The visiblity is also rear end, classic mini-map behavior should be default instead of requiring a perk, and while spawns always need work at the launch of a new CoD title, these spawns are especially broken.

https://i.imgur.com/rjujx7B.mp4

I honestly don't know who Vanguard is for other than people that need to level guns for Warzone. While Vanguard is an alt-WW2 reskin of MW19, the audience that loved MW19 hates the setting. This game definitely isn't geared towards the audience that loves the Black Ops games either.

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
Well - ok
Modern Warfare maps I think in general are more complicated than cold war - a lot of cold war maps follow like a 3 lane design with some cut-throughs - most not all.

Modern Warfare has a lot more of a vertical element in many maps. Other maps are way more organic.

So cold war hardcore mode people seem to get campy. There's a limited amount of paths to take.

Modern Warfare hc is mad fun because people push more.

Vanguard feels a lot like CW on the MW engine. And they fixed the camping issue by having blitz modes where if you sit still you are going to be killed by another camper trying to take your spot.

So it iteratively seems to have taken elements from both games and improved them.

Zombies is the dark aether arc, so again CW players.

My guess it is trying to extract money from CW, MW, and WZ players by bringing elements from all games into one and refining them a bit.

I think they should go even further and allow for different map rotations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i got busted upon and now hate the game

https://i.imgur.com/pa98Lgj.gifv

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

how bad are the flak jackets and is there a lawbreaker perk that lets you run around with a rocket launcher and grenade launcher cause thats all ive been doing in cold war lately and its alot of fun.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
This beta is dumb.

The sound is completely hosed up, SHG acknowledged that, by why not fix it before the beta?

Spawn logic is non-existent. Visibility is poo poo and you have no way of knowing from looking at a model if its a friend or enemy. You get the dot over the head, but you can't see that if you are close. Same with audio cues. Not having factions in multiplayer is stupid.

10 mods per weapon? Erhm ok then. 3 iron sights on snipers sure is cool.

Damage/hit feedback seems off, don't know how to explain it. Just seems inconsistent somehow.

Ill def buy the game though :(

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm not sure if I have video of it but it looks like autoaim works through breakable barriers like windows before they are open, I also got some heavy magnetism through smoke

Or, I think it was smoke or all the bullshit that's always on the screen

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm not sure if I have video of it but it looks like autoaim works through breakable barriers like windows before they are open, I also got some heavy magnetism through smoke

Speaking of barriers. What's the point of destructable terrain/cover if you can just sprint through it?

Trump fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 20, 2021

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
You can blast through it and yell 'oh yeah!' like the koolaid man

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I suspect that if there was hardcore in the beta I might like it more, but the game kinda plays like poo poo imo. and I even sorta liked Cold War. would rather play CoD WWII than this tbh

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

moist turtleneck posted:

i got busted upon and now hate the game

https://i.imgur.com/pa98Lgj.gifv

At first i thought oh hes the guy being assassinated and then it was so much better. And then it was even better because EVERYONE saw the bust upon.

Anyways thats great thanks for your sacrifice

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Playing hardcore on this would suck rear end because everyone is using the same character models

Axis vs allies? Nah it's axis and allies

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just wait till they release a skin that gives tangible tactical benefits and then itll be ww2 roze vs ww2 roze

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

Playing hardcore on this would suck rear end because everyone is using the same character models

Axis vs allies? Nah it's axis and allies

It's worse than that, not only are there different nationalities on the same team, my character callouts alternate between British and German.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

moist turtleneck posted:

Or, I think it was smoke or all the bullshit that's always on the screen

Also looks like snap-to doesn't disengage when hit and affected by flinch

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
oh yeah here's a good vid of the weird blur poo poo that happens when you shoot

https://i.imgur.com/on3BQS1.gifv

also it's been awhile but I haven't been able to hit a single plane with a bazooka yet

does FMJ still help for vehicles or is there a new perk now?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

This is triggering me. Why do some leaves blow but not others? And smoke isn't affected? Piss off, game.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
here's a good "lol good luck in hardcore" moment

https://i.imgur.com/mIQEcuX.gifv

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I thought Call of Duty was supposed to be centered around very young and/or dudebro gamers. Why do they keep going to WWII with it? That seems like a timeframe young people couldn't give two shits about.

Please tell me it isn't because a large chunk of the gaming population wants to play as Nazis. Please.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Itra burst rifle won't register any XP for me for the weapon, anyone else got this problem?

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
Kinda excited for the new CW zombies map coming.
I wish they'd support their games for a longer life cycle.
BO3 had so many great zombies maps...and Chronicles...and community mod\maps support.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

To whichever goon likes Fireteam games as their favourite mode but wasn't able to get a game in months, make sure crossplay is enabled.

I got my first Fireteam game in aaaages today by enabling that. I must have switched it off at some point and forgotten. Still takes a long time to get a game but at least it's possible.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Popped in the new season for a quick game and the deprogram map is pretty cute with the portals. Is there anything more to the „story“ or is it just the season cutscenes? I’m not playing Warzone because maintaining those two installs is a major PITA with the way the space is always „maxed out“ despite having at least 5x the space of the game free

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Has anyone had any issues downloading the latest patch on PC? Every time I try it crashes and sends me to an error screen, and then has me scan the files again.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I thought Call of Duty was supposed to be centered around very young and/or dudebro gamers. Why do they keep going to WWII with it? That seems like a timeframe young people couldn't give two shits about.

Please tell me it isn't because a large chunk of the gaming population wants to play as Nazis. Please.

I have nothing to back this assertion up, but cod is such an entrenched and widely played game that even if it’s old marketing positioning would’ve been toward youngish men, I suspect it’s target audience now is “people with disposable income.”

Kinda like how the iPhone started out as a product for Apple hipsters that were always early adopters, now it’s marketed toward everyone. To that end, it doesn’t matter what the games’ set dressing is as long as it wasn’t the one they used the previous year. Again this is just my speculation, and I will not be taking questions at this time.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Based on how everybody else was blasting me, the 410 in CW is really good

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I took season 5 off as a break and I'm either really trash now or matchmaking is totally broken. It's also really annoying how I can turn off crossplay on PS4 after getting lobby after lobby of mice using PC players, only to get put in an all PS lobby with mouse users. I got wrecked so hard in one match that a guy actually messaged me on PSN to let me know how trash I am. Thanks bud!

Definitely not buying Vanguard after how rough and rushed Cold War is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

weg posted:

Definitely not buying Vanguard after how rough and rushed Cold War is.

Never fear, Sledgehammer Games have had 4 years to work on Vanguard, twice the length of time Treyarch had with Cold War.

Although Vanguard is truly awful.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-vanguard-2-and-3-writer-hopeful-sequels-get-made/1100-6497021/?ftag=CAD-01-10abi2f

"Call Of Duty: Vanguard 2 And 3 - Writer Hopeful Sequels Get Made". That's me out for them already.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 13, 2021