Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Utgardaloki posted:

is the beta actually live or do I keep misclicking the MW menu option for the benefit of nobody?

it's live for the PS4 this week on the 8th, it starts for PC and Xbox on the 15th, assuming you mean the exclusive super duper idiot preorder beta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

You can preload on PC now. "Only" 49 GB of space needed

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Anyone know if progress carries over to the release version?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Syrinxx posted:

You can preload on PC now. "Only" 49 GB of space needed

Hoo boy, can't wait for the extra 200GB download on launch day!

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?

Hot Diggity! posted:

Anyone know if progress carries over to the release version?

I believe the only thing you get to keep is the blueprint you unlock at level 10.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGagk3eUH1Y

New mode called Fireteam: Dirty Bomb

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

I for one welcome CoD continuing to get more into battlefield's territory, maybe it will make DICE get their poo poo together.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cant wait to get on a watch list because im trying to get strats for a sick new game mode

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also ill be probably playing on discord tomorrow, pending my work not ruining my plans

https://discord.gg/A9xxPT3

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

This trailer should have 80s music.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

eonwe posted:

cant wait to get on a watch list because im trying to get strats for a sick new game mode

There was a game called Dirty Bomb that was p fun

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
add PSN: Waroduce for games

I'm red11789 for any Blops1 boys floating around but now i'm old and i don't know any new goons :(

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is there crossplay in this btw?

i assume so but

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Waroduce posted:

add PSN: Waroduce for games

I'm red11789 for any Blops1 boys floating around but now i'm old and i don't know any new goons :(

You think it’s confusing with new goons now, just wait until the influx of new/ returning PlayStation goons with the release of the PS5. I already have to check when I see friends in a party playing a game I want to group up in to see if we have goon friends in common before asking to join their party.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
New shootmans feels more like Quake 3 than MW. I like that but holy drat have I got to get used to it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm kind of upset if I can't do 80s themed executions

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

this game actually has some pretty good maps so far? i havent had any spawn traps, the mw2 afghan clone is not my favorite but we're like 4 hours into this thing so itll prob change.

is this a good cod? it might be a good cod. im nervous, this is probably a good cod.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

drunken officeparty posted:

Call of duty has a campaign?
It's SA's front page.

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm kind of upset if I can't do 80s themed executions
The dog execution is now Spuds Mackenzie and skins consist of a pair of parachute pants and Vuarnets.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Chilly Blops wont let me use BUTT as my clan tag anymore when it works in Modern Warfare. How do I cancel my pre-order?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

this game's pretty bad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think the guns feel a lto better than what I saw in the videos, jackfrags seems to think its improved from the last build he played. I think the gunplay feels pretty crisp and I like some of the guns quite a bit. The mp5 kinda sucks compared to Modern Warfare unfortunately tho

Actually I think they did a much better job doing 'bigger' maps than MW. Conquest is what it is in every game, but I really enjoyed that tug of war style game.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
I played it a bunch today.

My thoughts:
  • The engine in MW seems a little more advanced - hell I get better fps in this game than in MW. The guns look cooler and sound cooler in MW. I do appreciate that there's actual color in this game though.
  • The special modes like dirty bomb etc. kind of blow. It looks like the devs started off trying to do warzone equivalent for Cold War, were told to drop that mode, and repurposed their work on the warzone port to making a dirty bomb mode. There's too much going on and it doesn't quite work.
  • The quick play and the maps seem pretty decent. I like the new "spy" field upgrades like the radar jammer and the field mics. The spawns aren't as bad as those in MW (not a difficult feat).
  • I heard the sniper rifles were nerfed, but they're still straight bullshit in this game at least in this beta. Coming off MW you'll notice the difference immediately.
  • So far it feels like black ops 4 without operators - which is pretty much what I wanted out of this game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

I played it a bunch today.

My thoughts:
  • The engine in MW seems a little more advanced - hell I get better fps in this game than in MW. The guns look cooler and sound cooler in MW. I do appreciate that there's actual color in this game though.
  • The special modes like dirty bomb etc. kind of blow. It looks like the devs started off trying to do warzone equivalent for Cold War, were told to drop that mode, and repurposed their work on the warzone port to making a dirty bomb mode. There's too much going on and it doesn't quite work.
  • The quick play and the maps seem pretty decent. I like the new "spy" field upgrades like the radar jammer and the field mics. The spawns aren't as bad as those in MW (not a difficult feat).
  • I heard the sniper rifles were nerfed, but they're still straight bullshit in this game at least in this beta. Coming off MW you'll notice the difference immediately.
  • So far it feels like black ops 4 without operators - which is pretty much what I wanted out of this game.

yes dirty bomb is a real confusing mess currently, but it could be amazing.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The sound is really bad in this compared to mw and I'm not even a sound nerd, it just feels really hollow or something

I love the combined arms assault mode but my God the controls are weird for vehicles after playing a ton of mw

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Sniper Rifles seem way too powerful in this beta and also the maps have a lot of wide open areas where this can be exploited. Point B in Domination on the Miami map is a particularly bad example of this, that whole area of the map can just be put on complete lockdown if theres even a semi competent sniper in the area.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Some sounds are wicked cool. I like when someone throws a frag far away from you and it sounds like thunder, but then everything else feels like you have noise canceling headphones on that only boost footsteps.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
I'm probably the only one who cares, but the knife sucks compared to the MW knife, but it's also a ton of fun anyway, especially with this absurd run speed and slide distance.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

V for Vegans posted:

Some sounds are wicked cool. I like when someone throws a frag far away from you and it sounds like thunder, but then everything else feels like you have noise canceling headphones on that only boost footsteps.

This explains the sound perfectly tbh.

I'm enjoying it quite more than MW, the maps overall seem much better / less campy.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Digging it a lot. The maps having color is nice. Hopefully the netcode gets fixed before launch 'cause the hitching blows.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
After day two, I have a few more concerns.

• The sniper rifles are completely insane, especially fully unlocked. Very little flinch, accurate in the air? There's also the wildcard that makes it so you can take any type of gun (like say, an smg) with it.
  • The weapons have very little recoil. It's very easy for people to just hold angles with spraying.
  • The movement system is glitchy and people can do broken looking stuff with sliding and vaulting. I've seen people slide forward, cancel the slide, and start sliding backwards immediately, and have seen people take advantage of the pogo stick vault to launch themselves.
  • All the kill streaks are based on score (and don't reset after you die) so what will happen is there will be a blissfully period of no killstreaks, and then in the second round, it's all spy planes and napalm and artillery fire. I get that they were trying to discourage people from camping for killstreaks and to encourage objective play more, but it turns close games into a total cluster-gently caress.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

I’m having fun with it so far. Movement will take some getting used to. Dirty Bomb is dumb maybe it’s better with a squad.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Am I the only one who saw the female KGB operator (Portnova) and IMMADIATELY thought of Maria Butina, the NRA russian spy?

Cyks fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 17, 2020

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/mK4kZvP.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/LDJEWge.gifv

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Pivo posted:

I’m having fun with it so far. Movement will take some getting used to. Dirty Bomb is dumb maybe it’s better with a squad.

Liking dirty bomb too, tooling around running people over is pretty fun

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Does this one have any stupid and silly guns? I love Modern Warfare for having the DP-12 in it. I know the time period limits some things but I could go for like a G11 or something.

tjones
May 13, 2005
The game engine and netcode is so loving bad compared to MW. Lol this feels like poo poo.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Game feels fine to me on PC, although snipers can go gently caress themselves. There's like zero flinch, they can jump in the air under artilery and still have perfect aim.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Does this one have any stupid and silly guns? I love Modern Warfare for having the DP-12 in it. I know the time period limits some things but I could go for like a G11 or something.

i mean, blops 1 was set in the sixties and still had guns from the eighties and fire modes/attachments from the early nineties(!), so i don't see why cold war can't go nuts

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I'm kind of surprised at the regression from MW2019 for this. I know it's different devs and different feel, but it seemed like they had a real good thing going with MW2019's weapon handling and the general punchiness of the weapons, while CW is going back to more like nerf guns with louder shots. I guess that's the ~brand~, but idk if that is what people really want anymore with so many games filling the same niche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?

eonwe posted:

yes dirty bomb is a real confusing mess currently, but it could be amazing.
I (PSN: SirAnkie) and Waroduce plus two other friends won two games of Dirty Bomb tonight. If you have a squad with purpose built classes that communicates it's pretty fun.

moist turtleneck posted:

The sound is really bad in this compared to mw and I'm not even a sound nerd, it just feels really hollow or something

I love the combined arms assault mode but my God the controls are weird for vehicles after playing a ton of mw
Ninja really helps with sound.

I can't stand Combined Arms, its nothing but snipers.

Le Saboteur posted:

Sniper Rifles seem way too powerful in this beta and also the maps have a lot of wide open areas where this can be exploited. Point B in Domination on the Miami map is a particularly bad example of this, that whole area of the map can just be put on complete lockdown if theres even a semi competent sniper in the area.
Agreed. Snipers should only be one shot with a head shot.