Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I have pretty high hopes for this adaptation. It's going at a slower pace so it may be able to retain more of the ideas from the game

Is this confirmed? Spending more time on the arcs would be the only reason for me to check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Can't find the article but I remember reading the first 13 episodes would cover the first two arcs (8 episodes in the 2006 anime).

Nice, I'll put it on the list of things to check out later.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Viola the Mad posted:

I am furious about that stinger, though. Passione is playing their cards too soon! One of the great qualities of Higurashi is the slow buildup--be it the building creepiness that explodes into violence each arc, or the more and more clues you get with each arc that Something Is hosed in sleepy ol' Hinamizawa. And one of the great buildups in the story IMO is the true nature of Rika. Part of what made it so great was that she seems so innocuous early on, but then the clues start building up that she is more than what it seems, and then....well, the actual reveal blew my mind at the time. But here they're almost screaming THAT GIRL AIN'T RIGHT from the get go. For shame, Passione, for shame. Maybe the studio thinks that the story is so well known that there's no point in hiding the big reveal?

I adore how the original anime plays with Rika. At first, you only have the opening hinting that she's creepy, but several arcs in she starts acting a bit weird, and then by the end of the first season you know that she's hiding something. And then the second season opening drops, saying "Hey, bet you didn't figure out she was the real protagonist."

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I swear we're going to get to the VNs (currently own 1-4), but first we have to finish playing Yakuza 0. Would anyone have a problem if I dropped my thoughts in here as we went through them?