Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
There's no cute boys to play, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Some of these in-game books (which I haven't looked at much until now) are pretty interesting.

There's this one series that is about the old guy in Springvale who talks about the Spring Fairy, and it's really obvious that at least half of these books are referencing important characters/historical events.

edit: The Hilichurl Customs books read like some sort of 19th century colonial propaganda lol

Shadowhand00 posted:

Honkai's not bad but gacha rates, etc. are just as bad as Genshin. ITs more action vignettes than an open world and it doesn't truly get challenging until around level 80. That being said, I like some of the systems in place like switchiing QTEs. They've definitely done that better than Genshin. The story is actually not bad either later on (early chapters are stupid)

Is it possible to go through its story relatively quickly?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yes, you can blaze through early Honkai. It's all arena/short stage setpieces like an arcade brawler, until you hit up the side dungeons and the few open areas.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ashenai posted:

So, I'm very fond of this game, and I'm wondering if it would be completely stupid to get into Honkai Impact 3 for more MiHoYo goodness (and ancillary lore, since there seem to be some links between the two universes). I remember giving Honkai a try a couple of years ago, but bounced off immediately. It is worth giving it another chance, anyone know?

I just downloaded it on PC a couple days ago out of storyline curiosity too and it's been pretty entertaining so far. The action is extremely fun with a controller, but you're only in a map for a few minutes at a time, so it's very bite-sized content.

You definitely get the full "experiencing a gacha game years after release" vibe as you're bombarded with a dozen different currencies in a couple hours, and event screen after event screen covered in notifications for you to click on. There's the traditional weekly material farming quests, daily event quests, guild cumulative score weekly, a super janky "open world" map w/ storyline and missions, regular story missions w/ three difficulty levels, character story quests (like genshin), and a competitive abyss-like mode that i don't really understand yet.

I can't speak to character and equipment power levels though, I've got a handful of S rank characters, am halfway to a second 25 pull pity just off the initial achievment gems, and have a redemption ticket for another S rank choice waiting. Ranking them up to SSS looks like it'll be a huge grind though chasing the fragments required. Hopefully i'm wrong? Been bombarded with a hefty amount of 4* weapons and artifacts spritis, but enhancement material looks like it might be a bottleneck for progression.

The character trial system and character focused quests you see in genshin are in full effect, so you get lots of chances to play around with the stupid overpowered characters.

I don't see anything holding me back though from playing through the story and having a good time with it though. If someone else as been playing longer and can illuminate on where the walls hit that would be rad.

e;fb looks like that's been answered

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Ashenai posted:

The ones in the wild do, but the ones in camps mostly mind their own business until you barge in uninvited.

Also, the very first thing you did at AR 2 was help Amber massacre a hilichurl camp unprovoked, so if the narrative ever wants to make this a Thing, you definitely started it and the hilichurls are justified in seeing you as a serious threat.

where do you think the ones in the wild go after they are done being in the wild

and i mean how else am i going to get more weathered arrowheads

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

nessin posted:

You'd want to replace Fischl not the MC in that lineup. Fischl's great support capability is meaningless if you're main DPS is doing electro damage as well. The only value Fischl would bring at that point is in her C6 unless you were fighting something with a water shield and needed the extra electro damage.

That's not entirely true, and as weird as this is, there's a subreddit dedicated entirely to just people who use Keqing as their dps.

Short answer is that it mainly just depends on how much energy recharge you have on keqing and whether you're doing a physical or electro build, which is mainly decided by what artifacts and gear you have access to.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
So my Diluc is 70 now with a Prototype Animus, at what point do I start stacking Crit%? Right now I have Pyro%-ATK%-ATK% artifacts.

My big problem now is getting my 2nd team tuned. Xiangling/Jean/Mona/Barbara, Xiangling does a ton of damage but I'm finding it hard to group up enemies and I wind up wasting a lot of ultimates on 1 or 2 monsters. Jean just seems to shotgun them. Maybe Venti has me completely spoiled. I did get 3xSucrose with this new banner so I could maybe sub her in, when I did Co-Op domains she seemed good at it.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

gandlethorpe posted:

There's no cute boys to play, though
there is one in the dmc game mode, but he's supposed to be "MC"

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Araganzar posted:

So my Diluc is 70 now with a Prototype Animus, at what point do I start stacking Crit%? Right now I have Pyro%-ATK%-ATK% artifacts

There's a barebones calculator here: https://genshin-center.com/calculator

unless it sucks or I'm doing something wrong it doesn't make sense to switch from ATK stacking to crit stacking until you're deep into 5* artifacts or have really good rolls on 4* artifacts

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Make sure you're taking advantage of the elemental combos in your party makeup. I've created a "explore the world" party that consists of two Anemo characters (Jean and Sucrose) that because of the combo decreases stamina consumption by 15% and increases movement speed by 10%. Combine that with Kaeya's 20% decrease stamina for sprinting, and Amber's 20% for gliding, and it makes for a fast travel team.

This isn't my main team. Jean's the only one that's level 60. The rest are below 40. But Jean pretty much takes care of everything on her own.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

For overworld I like Diluc-Amber-Anemotraveler-Lisa because Diluc ignites grass and kills everything and shatters shields, Amber does trick shots as necessary, Lisa is very good at exploiting the grass-fires for a shitload of overloads or dumping her thing so Diluc can overload, and Traveler can exploit grass fires or electricity for great damage.

Healing is, uh, not really a problem. Just munch some apples I guess.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Regarding hillichurls, when you teleport to Mingyun village and fly from the teleporter straight up across the valley, there's a basic hillichurl sitting alone on a bridge, chilling with shield lying next to him and looking at scenery.

I always let him be, seemed too mean to attack him.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Does the Stormterror domain fight continually scale with World Level? I hit WL3 rather by accident and don't have enough to get my whole team from 40 to 50+. I'd only be doing it for the battle pass weekly, but if it's going to be harder than it was at WL2 then I'm not touching it for a bit.

Also Klee gave me herself with her bonus gems today. Attack is the primary thing I'd want to build for right?

Edit: Cool, I'll do a lower level one then later on

Canopus250 fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 29, 2020

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Stormterror unlocks more difficulty when you raise world level, but you can choose the difficulty.

Wolf iirc auto scales with your world level.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Does anyone know what the rates are for Xingqui's book material passive? How many books does it refund and what are the chances of it?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

It's 25% chance per craft to return 1 book. It's not huge, but it makes up for it over time. I think I've saved ~20-30 green books from crafting getting talents for my primary 4 up.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

I always let him be, seemed too mean to attack him.

i can't be bothered to go out of my way on my artifact routes so i don't really fight things that don't aggro me, and even then only if they're in between me and the investigation points. i'm not fastidious enough to go out of my way hunting anything but sparse mats like assassins or chaos drives

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Canopus250 posted:

Does the Stormterror domain fight continually scale with World Level? I hit WL3 rather by accident and don't have enough to get my whole team from 40 to 50+. I'd only be doing it for the battle pass weekly, but if it's going to be harder than it was at WL2 then I'm not touching it for a bit.

As noted, you can lower the difficulty. But you really shouldn't have a problem with Stormterror even with a drastically underleveled team. Just be aware that:
1. When he fucks up a platform it creates wind currents to let you move to different ones
2. You can smack his hand when he lands to attack you. No ranged attacks needed
3. When you KO him, you can climb up his neck to hit the crystal

He's probably the easiest boss in the game as long as you know that you are able to do these things.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

i can't be bothered to go out of my way on my artifact routes so i don't really fight things that don't aggro me, and even then only if they're in between me and the investigation points. i'm not fastidious enough to go out of my way hunting anything but sparse mats like assassins or chaos drives

I was like this and then I realized that all three of the characters I'm focusing on requires material that drops from the same trash mob and now I will drop everything to chase one.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hellioning posted:

I was like this and then I realized that all three of the characters I'm focusing on requires material that drops from the same trash mob and now I will drop everything to chase one.

Play this to the chasing for extra enjoyment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Why is Keqing rated so highly? Compared to Diluc her DPS just seems massively inferior.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

moush posted:

Why is Keqing rated so highly? Compared to Diluc her DPS just seems massively inferior.
friend might i introduce you to the highly subjective waifu quotient

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

moush posted:

From your personal experience or something? Her key thing is that she's less reliant on crit chance gear since she something absurd like 75% natural crit rate, her mobility is high in a game where bosses keep moving, and her charged attack has a special modifier for damage.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Keqing gets natural crit DMG. It's Diluc who gets crit rate. But all the same, it gives her the opportunity to invest in other stats.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

moush posted:

I dont have her but apparently she really starts to shine once you stack crit damage/chance.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

She also can turn her basic attacks into electro and then stack up Electro Damage on her accessories on top of ATK% boosts.

EDIT: Honestly she's super rad because she's lightning waifu Virgil and I wouldn't mind pulling her even if she completely competes with Razor in my party slots.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

moush posted:

DPS aside, she has major issues against enemies with elemental immunities/resistances to a degree that Diluc absolutely does not. She does fuckall against electric resistant mobs and with the way elec combos, she still has huge problems against other types of elemental enemies since you're just doing poo poo like proccing overload vs fire slimes for 0 damage while someone like Diluc will tear apart an electric slime with extreme ease. It feels like half the enemies you fight as Keqing put you at a significant disadvantage.

You can get around this with a physical Keqing build, but that carries its own issues and completely defeats the purpose of even playing the character by making her incredibly boring. And she doesn't get to use a greatsword either, which carries a lot of benefits. She gets less use out of taking Fischl along than someone of a different element as well, which is honestly a pretty big disadvantage considering how broken Fischl is.

That being said, I still think she's the best just because she's a lot of fun. Teleporting around and having a very mobile basic attack is a blast and I am super glad that I rerolled my Diluc account into Keqing.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 29, 2020

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15ORXiUCjI_-BBesXPe7-ZFTu_9BaFFRuk2sqe5PGHCU/edit

heres some words about the waterboy currently on rateup

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Neat doc. I didn't realize that his swords only make you wet briefly once, but then the swords apply keep applying hydro to enemies for the duration of the spell. This makes him a whole lot better than I thought he was and I will be trying him out with Razor.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Good to know my instincts were spot on for throwing the Sacrificial Sword on him. The multipliers on his skill are just too ridiculous to pass up the occasional double cast. Plus all that energy generation.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

This Jade Chamber place isn't in game right? Seems weird omission.

Or I guess the sidequest that mentioning it is weird. Either way I ain't seeing nothing in the sky over the harbor.

kater fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 29, 2020

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I've got to say, I generally detest anime, and I don't like most of the characters I've pulled on a design level, but something about this game is really drawing me in.

I just hit the end of the main story quest that's in-game so far, collected all the anemoculi, and am actively excited about starting the geoculi hunt tomorrow.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

kater posted:

Or I guess the sidequest that mentioning it is weird. Either way I ain't seeing nothing in the sky over the harbor.

that's just the abrupt end of the current main quest. i don't think there's any confirmation on when / how it's going to be added, although some speculation thinks the new childe boss fight might be happening there :shrug:

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Vargs posted:

DPS aside, she has major issues against enemies with elemental immunities/resistances to a degree that Diluc absolutely does not. She does fuckall against electric resistant mobs and with the way elec combos, she still has huge problems against other types of elemental enemies since you're just doing poo poo like proccing overload vs fire slimes for 0 damage while someone like Diluc will tear apart an electric slime with extreme ease. It feels like half the enemies you fight as Keqing put you at a significant disadvantage.

You can get around this with a physical Keqing build, but that carries its own issues and completely defeats the purpose of even playing the character by making her incredibly boring. And she doesn't get to use a greatsword either, which carries a lot of benefits. She gets less use out of taking Fischl along than someone of a different element as well, which is honestly a pretty big disadvantage considering how broken Fischl is.

That being said, I still think she's the best just because she's a lot of fun. Teleporting around and having a very mobile basic attack is a blast and I am super glad that I rerolled my Diluc account into Keqing.

I dont think you're reading the numbers correctly. Keqing will never overload for 0 against a fire slime. The only enemy you should have problems with as Keqing is electric slimes and electric shields. No different than say diluc being terrible at killing fire slimes.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

kater posted:

not in the game yet, but you can see it at the end of the Keqing feature video they recently uploaded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf_b7_5oAZk&t=295s

1.1 making it visible and/or visitable seems likely

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
So that artifact looting route posted a couple pages back is really great. Guaranteed exp for time invested, each spot gives 100-300 mora to offset the cost of investing artifacts, and there's plenty of monsters on the route for extra loot. Finally got this up to 20 and while it would obviously be better with crit dmg and maybe recharge it's still my best artifact by a long shot.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

yeah okay thats what I thought I just stumbled onto the revisit the shaper adepti quest mentioning it and wanted to check again.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Joink posted:

I dont think you're reading the numbers correctly. Keqing will never overload for 0 against a fire slime. The only enemy you should have problems with as Keqing is electric slimes and electric shields. No different than say diluc being terrible at killing fire slimes.

You will overload for 0 vs a fire slime because your basic attacks apply elec, which combines with their innate fire to create overload, which does pure fire damage, which they are immune to. So you aren't getting any benefit from the elemental combo. When you compare it to the similar scenario of Diluc hitting a slime that is Keqing's element, he's smacking that elec slime and getting overload procs which DO gently caress it up badly because the elec slime is not immune to fire. Diluc is very bad vs fire slimes. Keqing is very bad vs elec slimes. But Keqing is also fairly bad vs fire slimes while Diluc has a strong advantage over elec slimes.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 29, 2020

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

It looks like this game is too popular for Discord to deal with, their official Discord server passed Minecraft to become the largest a week ago and now it's crashing constantly at ~715k users

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Good to know my instincts were spot on for throwing the Sacrificial Sword on him. The multipliers on his skill are just too ridiculous to pass up the occasional double cast. Plus all that energy generation.

Lucky bastard. Ugh, I still don't have him, and the last 4* I pulled on the banner is the Sacrificial Greatsword, which I'll never use.