Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Jinnigan posted:

You can also use Fishl's Oz (you have to drop him over the weight, then charged shot him), and Ningguang's Giant Wall

Should I charge shot this dude when I drop him? I usually just pop in, drop the bird, fire off a couple auto attacks, then swap back to my DPS.

This level 7 abyss is hard, these fatties don't care about any of my CC, my only cryo is Kaeya at level 21, and my best healer gets me frozen all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I finally caved and spent ten dollars on the gnostic hymn, and sweet merciful jesus it is a soothing balm to get that much resources dumped on my head all at once

Funny enough, the 680 primogems at the end are actually a better deal than the $15 dollar pack in the regular shop

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Is there a best use right now for dropping a bit of cash? I'm not 20 yet so not access to the battle pass and I'm leery of getting a battle pass cause generally they're more likely to make me burn out.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

inthesto posted:

I finally caved and spent ten dollars on the gnostic hymn, and sweet merciful jesus it is a soothing balm to get that much resources dumped on my head all at once

Funny enough, the 680 primogems at the end are actually a better deal than the $15 dollar pack in the regular shop

Welkin blessing is the best deal you can get for cash, battle pass (gnostic hymn) is the second best. I don't think it's a coincidence that both of those are delayed gratification. That's the stuff meant for normal people. Every other way of spending money is for paypigs who can't help themselves (horrible value, but instant gratification).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Is there a best use right now for dropping a bit of cash? I'm not 20 yet so not access to the battle pass and I'm leery of getting a battle pass cause generally they're more likely to make me burn out.

The only thing you spend money on is the Welkin. Everything else is nadda, except the BP which is really only there if you are a hardcore grinder and not most of the population which will chill until the next event/story.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Welkin blessing. $5 a month, it'll net you 3000 primogems (about 19 rolls), and you don't have to do a drat thing except log in once a day.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Do you lose the days you don't log in or is it granted on the days you do log in? I'm guessing it's the former which I guess I'll do later since next week I'm out of town and unlikely to log on every day.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Tae posted:

The only thing you spend money on is the Welkin. Everything else is nadda, except the BP which is really only there if you are a hardcore grinder and not most of the population which will chill until the next event/story.

The BP stuff isn't too bad, really. I can usually keep up spending about 30 to 45 minutes per day, maybe an extra hour or two to catch up on the weekends for stuff like collecting specialties and doing ley lines/elites.

I also got the "spend more BP than you get in a week" weekly every time, never completed it, and I'm on rank 48 and on path to easily grab rank 50 by the end of next week.

e:

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Do you lose the days you don't log in or is it granted on the days you do log in? I'm guessing it's the former which I guess I'll do later since next week I'm out of town and unlikely to log on every day.

You lose gems on days you don't log in, so that's the catch.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

It is the former

If you didn't know though, you can install this game on your phone

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah I have it on my phone too but I'd rather use my phone as little as possible while on vacation. My job requires being constantly hooked up to it and covid made it worse so dropping it for a while will be nice.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The BP is something you should buy if you plan on playing this game a lot and will finish it. It gives you 8 premium pulls, 125 Hero's Wit, ~2 million mora, ~30 runs worth of talent books, and the 4* weapon. That's 1900 worth of resin. Don't buy it if you won't finish it because half of the reward value comes in the last ten levels.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I started playing a week after launch and it took me a while to get the bp unlocked. Its basically impossible to get to 50 without paying for the chorus which makes it way less desirable. Its a shame, because I'd pay 10 bucks in a heartbeat to get the black sword and all those mats

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I started playing on October 3rd (five days after release) and I'll be able to make it. This BP is a little special because so many people started a few weeks into it, that should happen less going forward.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I started playing a week after launch and it took me a while to get the bp unlocked. Its basically impossible to get to 50 without paying for the chorus which makes it way less desirable. Its a shame, because I'd pay 10 bucks in a heartbeat to get the black sword and all those mats

I've gotten to 50 with over 2 weeks to spare without buying the chorus so this is a little hyperbolic. I will admit I've played the game a lot though.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

One of the daly commissions requires me to destroy all these wooden dummies in less than 2 seconds. Am I just supposed to use Xiangliang's ult there..or is there another way?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

TV Zombie posted:

One of the daly commissions requires me to destroy all these wooden dummies in less than 2 seconds. Am I just supposed to use Xiangliang's ult there..or is there another way?

Think I did that with Geo MC's ult

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

TV Zombie posted:

You don't need to get them from full hp to 0 in 2 seconds. Get them all down to a smidgen of HP then use an aoe attack.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Getting to 30 isn't the tough part (that's when the weapon unlocks).

But the battle pass usually lasts for 60 days. Global got screwed out of 20 days.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tae posted:

Getting to 30 isn't the tough part (that's when the weapon unlocks).

But the battle pass usually lasts for 60 days. Global got screwed out of 20 days.
60 days? Really? Wow that's really easy to finish.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Future progression seems borked to me. We're only 2/7ths (at least) of the game in, and people are already at high level abyss challenges and close to maxing out character ascensions and high world levels. All ascension materials for all elements except dendro are obtainable from the two starter maps. I guess the world can continue scaling to infinite AR and world levels so it's still a challenge, but there's nothing more to do with a character once it's maxed out from the first two maps. Something seems off. It feels like we should have never been able to get past AR 20 or so, and each successive nation would provide another 10.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they're even lowering some of the resin requirements for missions per that recent Q&A. collecting local specialties seems like the only somewhat time consuming mission left, as long as you realize the elite/domain/leyline ones only require you to clear them and not actually use resin.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The Battle Pass definitely seems like a cyclical thing, so you don't even have to worry about FOMO if that's a thing for you. Just wait for the next cycle and go from there.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You only need 30 for the weapon so why does it matter if you get all the way to 50 or not?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Magus42 posted:

You only need 30 for the weapon so why does it matter if you get all the way to 50 or not?

The bonuses get better per 10 levels, with 680 primo at the end. Really kind of ties off the "this is worth ten dollars a month" package. Honestly the BP thing ain't worth it until you can guarantee the later bonuses anyway.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TV Zombie posted:

I enjoy that she's trying to live up to Jean's ideal and they hand you a challenge Jean can do easily with her ult.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

I just used amber to put the torch on fire, and then used/hold the travelers E
I'm at AR 21 so fairly low lvl. hardest commission so far, had to think a bit

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I like how the girl with seemingly no special powers always says "Thanks, I'll try that!" after you demolish the training dummies by summoning a tornado, giant fire bird, or w/e.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

The BP is something you should buy if you plan on playing this game a lot and will finish it. It gives you 8 premium pulls, 125 Hero's Wit, ~2 million mora, ~30 runs worth of talent books, and the 4* weapon. That's 1900 worth of resin. Don't buy it if you won't finish it because half of the reward value comes in the last ten levels.

You don't need to plan for the battle pass at all. If you're not sure whether you'll play enough to level it up enough to be worth it, just wait. You can buy the paid battlepass at any time and it'll retroactively give you all the rewards that you already earned.

TV Zombie posted:

The dummies are all set up right next to a big tall clock tower (which even has a warp point on top!)
You can jump off the top and finish them all off at once with a falling attack.
If you don't do enough damage to oneshot them with one falling attack then you can whack them a bit first to lower their hp. The timer doesn't start until you kill one.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

gandlethorpe posted:

I like how the girl with seemingly no special powers always says "Thanks, I'll try that!" after you demolish the training dummies by summoning a tornado, giant fire bird, or w/e.

"So what you're going to want to do is soften up each training dummy, get a couple good whacks on each so they are all about to fall apart. Then stand in the center of the ring, tap into the magical focus of your naturally god-granted powers, and wrap yourself in a barrier made of pure lightning. Just spin your sixty pound solid steel club in a perfect circle while balancing on one foot and moving the condensed electrical energy from the barrier to the club, taking down all the dummies in one hit. Simple!"

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Rynder posted:

Future progression seems borked to me. We're only 2/7ths (at least) of the game in, and people are already at high level abyss challenges and close to maxing out character ascensions and high world levels. All ascension materials for all elements except dendro are obtainable from the two starter maps. I guess the world can continue scaling to infinite AR and world levels so it's still a challenge, but there's nothing more to do with a character once it's maxed out from the first two maps. Something seems off. It feels like we should have never been able to get past AR 20 or so, and each successive nation would provide another 10.

I think a sizable majority of f2p people won't bother to cap out their characters immediately because right now it's a giant pain. Sure, some people are going to dutifully do their 180 resin and daily commissions until the third region comes out and thus have some capped characters, but I suspect a larger portion are just going to check out until there's more non-daily grind things are added. For them the game "ended" at AR29, and in November it will probably continue until it ends again at ~AR31 or something. December will move the ending to ~AR35 or whatever. If a player has gotten past that point, I mean great! But that won't keep them from doing whatever they add and then leaving again. I legit believe they won't really try to retain people for the months between content drops because why would they need to? Whales pay the bills.

Second, most of what you described are RPG number problems which are very easily changed. None of this stuff is set in stone. Abyss already farmable? Well, they'll add more content like it in the next region. Add more artifact sets. Add some new kind of progression, like changing substats, or a brand new system for every character. Add different bosses that drop different things, and invent a reason for you to want those different things. Raise level caps, raise AR caps, raise world level caps. Even before that point, the answer to "my primary squad is capped out on everything" is "well, cap out everyone else" followed by "we added new characters! Have this 4* one for free and roll for the 5* one! Then max them out!" repeated forever. Add catch-up mechanics for people who didn't keep up. All of this stuff is not just common to other gacha games, but literally baked into gacha progression design.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Magus42 posted:

Because Im not spending 10 bucks just for the sword, I want all that mora, character exp and weapon exp.

I find that more valuable right now than just the weapon

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Apparently there's a bug that makes it possible to use 5 party members

Might be useful for poor saps who need Amber for open world stuff but still want to have 4 real heroes. Resonance bonuses count the 5th member as well.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Might be useful for poor saps who need Amber for open world stuff but still want to have 4 real heroes. Resonance bonuses count the 5th member as well.

I am a poor sap who needs an archer to hunt. thanks

Also, the battle pass only works on the current iteration of the battle pass system, not future BPs? Drat :( Was thinking of buying that

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

gandlethorpe posted:

This is rad. It makes sense that 5 is playable because you often get a temporary 5th for character quests; I wonder if they can be combined to get you up to 6 active?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Confirmed works! Teleporting resets it, so that sucks

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

That just means you get more opportunities to kill Amber!

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
so apparently ganyu's been leaked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcUOwXxS7a8

she's... cryo amber??

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Inflammatory posted:

so apparently ganyu's been leaked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcUOwXxS7a8

she's... cryo amber??
The screenshots look well done but I'm convinced this is a troll. A hilarious one too. The artifact ascensions are even funnier.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 29, 2020

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

There are too many loving bow users

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he credits Zeniiet and links discord screenshots, which just seem to point to this for me:

https://twitter.com/Zeniiet/status/1321631287338131457?s=20

so basically fake/likely fake leaks Zen is willing to share in his discord but not present on the twitter. i would say the thing i dislike about DK's content is that he makes these leak videos despite his own skepticism or obvious red flags, like him calling out the geo background to a supposed cryo character's skills.