Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

gandlethorpe posted:

There's no cute boys to play, though

Deal breaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

moush posted:

Why is Keqing rated so highly? Compared to Diluc her DPS just seems massively inferior.

Diluc's dps falls off a cliff once you go up against any fire resistant/fire immune mobs, because suddenly he just does fuckall for damage, and if you try to build him into a physical damage carry, he becomes a worse Razor. Keqing can, simply by swapping what artifacts she's on, swap between being a physical carry and an electro carry. And in a pinch can swap to physical damage with electro gear on and still do decent DPS. Diluc (and Klee, the other premier carry) can't really do that. They are so dependant on their elemental skills and bursts that it doesn't work for them. Keqing's ult still gives her crit rate% and energy recharge%, even if it doesn't do any additional damage to the enemies. Diluc has points where he's entirely useless on floor 9 and 10 of the abyss.

Diluc and Klee are also stuck a lot more onto the overload builds, because it's a lot more difficult to do things like melt builds due to the relative lack of synergy between current cryo units and Diluc/Klee. Keqing can build very easily into electro-charged comps, Overload comps and superconduct comps without much issue, because she has better synergies with the current units that exist.

Basically Keqing does less dps (though not much less as you get to higher and higher levels, especially if you get the black sword from the battlepass), at the trade off of being far more versatile in the comps that she runs in.

Vargs posted:

You will overload for 0 vs a fire slime because your basic attacks apply elec, which combines with their innate fire to create overload, which does pure fire damage, which they are immune to. So you aren't getting any benefit from the elemental combo. When you compare it to the similar scenario of Diluc hitting a slime that is Keqing's element, he's smacking that elec slime and getting overload procs which DO gently caress it up badly because the elec slime is not immune to fire. Diluc is very bad vs fire slimes. Keqing is very bad vs elec slimes. But Keqing is also fairly bad vs fire slimes while Diluc has a strong advantage over elec slimes.

Keqing can just jam a physical damage build vs. fire and electro slimes though and do very well. Diluc can't go full physical carry without compromising his entire kit.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 29, 2020

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my xingqiu/sacrificial sword problem is wanting to also use it on qiqi. thankfully bennett's inherent stat is recharge so he can probably skip a sword for that altogether.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
The reason I asked is because I've been using Diluc as my main dps and just lucked out pulling Keqing on standard banner and after trying her out I just didn't see the appeal. She's probably my 2nd best dps so I'll use her for Abyss eventually but her kit just feels kinda weird compared to Diluc who's very straight forward with his auto>e combat. It also helps that Fischl is so amazing with Diluc and is pretty worthless alongside Keqing.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

It honestly doesn't matter for about 95% of the game which carry you use. However, she can primary carry in the Abyss on floors 9-12, whereas diluc is going to have more issues, particularly on floor 10.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

gandlethorpe posted:

Lucky bastard. Ugh, I still don't have him, and the last 4* I pulled on the banner is the Sacrificial Greatsword, which I'll never use.

If it makes you feel any better I don't have Chongyun who I would very much like to have. I'd trade you if I could.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

berenzen posted:

It honestly doesn't matter for about 95% of the game which carry you use. However, she can primary carry in the Abyss on floors 9-12, whereas diluc is going to have more issues, particularly on floor 10.

Yeah I know, I'm still going to build her out and try her because she does seem fun at least. Problem is there's only so many items to go around and it's hard to level up people.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

YoshiOfYellow posted:

If it makes you feel any better I don't have Chongyun who I would very much like to have. I'd trade you if I could.

No deal, they belong together. Our accounts are the Montagues and Capulets :(

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
keqing is also a sss-class exploration unit because by holding/aiming her skill, you can warp to places you shouldn't be, or ones you would normally need to be on mc's geo platforms to reach

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

It looks like this game is too popular for Discord to deal with, their official Discord server passed Minecraft to become the largest a week ago and now it's crashing constantly at ~715k users

Yeah Discord doesn't handle hundreds of thousands of users very well.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I love this game, but God do it’s flaws scream at you. Getting stunlocked for 10+ seconds or holds that make you mash a key are design flaws that should have been taken out 2 generations ago. The allure of exploration or the next shiny overrides that though. All of my Ganga rolls have been pretty crap, and I haven’t ever gotten an exciting one. Best I got was Chinese chef’s C1.

Didn’t pay anything, though, so I can’t complain.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I suspect multiple characters in this game are better against fire slimes than klee.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

hey i Just found a puzzle that requires a weight from Geo MC (or others) and has two anemo towers, i'd like to congratulate it on being the most complicated puzzle in the game and also kinda sorta mean spirited towards f2p.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
If I wanted to mess around with Honkai impact... Is rerolling a thing / is it necessary?

I didn't realize there was a pc client and now I want to check it out. Probably not going to put money into it since it's older but sounds interesting from the story spoilers I've seen.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

kater posted:

hey i Just found a puzzle that requires a weight from Geo MC (or others) and has two anemo towers, i'd like to congratulate it on being the most complicated puzzle in the game and also kinda sorta mean spirited towards f2p.

I found this yesterday. Did it with just anemo by using the hurricane special from further away and dashing like mad to the lower tower. But I was really annoyed too initially thinking it was literally impossible to do with no second anemo.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
Is there a height chart?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I read on the wiki that you get the spear fire lady from beating floor 3 in the spiral abyss, but that doesn't seem to be the case? Do you have to get 6 stars or is that info hilarious outdated?

edit: as soon as I post I find what sub menu she's hidden in -_-;

Guildenstern Mother fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Oct 29, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

kater posted:

FYI you can also weigh down some of those pressure plates with Amber's doll. It's lighter than Geo MC's boulders though so it doesn't work for some specific pressure plates that require higher weight (you'll see them partially light up but the glowy ring won't go all the way to the edge).
Also Xiangling's and Ningguang's skills, if you have them. Apparently Fischl's raven works too but only if you shoot it...

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I read on the wiki that you get the spear fire lady from beating floor 3 in the spiral abyss, but that doesn't seem to be the case? Do you have to get 6 stars or is that info hilarious outdated?

edit: as soon as I post I find what sub menu she's hidden in -_-;

I barely scraped by with only getting 5 stars on that floor and 1 star on the last. I was pretty crushed, but then found I could claim her.

Also, go through every menu and screen with a red exclamation point. There are tons of the primo currency hidden in those

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Flavahbeast posted:

It looks like this game is too popular for Discord to deal with, their official Discord server passed Minecraft to become the largest a week ago and now it's crashing constantly at ~715k users

3D Anime waifus and AAA gameplay is a killer combination it seems. :v:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lol floor 8 is so much easier than floor 7.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I literally don’t remember what 8 had. I guess some abyss mages or some poo poo.

I need to actually think about 9 cuz there was some pulsing dmg thing that wrecked me?

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi~

https://sensortower.com/blog/genshin-impact-first-month-revenue

(That's mobile stores income only, doesn't track PC/PS4 spending.)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

FYI you can also weigh down some of those pressure plates with Amber's doll. It's lighter than Geo MC's boulders though so it doesn't work for some specific pressure plates that require higher weight (you'll see them partially light up but the glowy ring won't go all the way to the edge).
Also Xiangling's and Ningguang's skills, if you have them. Apparently Fischl's raven works too but only if you shoot it...

There's basically two tiers of pressure plate around Liyue. Small ones that light up with one person on them, and big ones that light up with two. You can tell the difference because if you step on a big one with one character it'll only light up the inside like a small plate, but if you summon Amber's doll and stand on it with Amber it'll fully light up.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

That reminds me, has anyone else found the two large geo plates next to each other around the SW part of Liyue? I managed to light them both up using Geo traveller's pillar on one + Amber and her doll on the other, only for nothing to actually happen. Has anyone figured that out?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Bland posted:

That reminds me, has anyone else found the two large geo plates next to each other around the SW part of Liyue? I managed to light them both up using Geo traveller's pillar on one + Amber and her doll on the other, only for nothing to actually happen. Has anyone figured that out?

If nothing happened while they were lit up at the same time there might be a third.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Nuebot posted:

If nothing happened while they were lit up at the same time there might be a third.

That's what I figured but I couldn't for the life of me find one anywhere, plus I've got no idea how I'd even light up a third one since it took everything I had to light up the first two.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Yeah, if they're around a tree there's a third.

If not, there's another place where there's three around a tree.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Bland posted:

That's what I figured but I couldn't for the life of me find one anywhere, plus I've got no idea how I'd even light up a third one since it took everything I had to light up the first two.

You can have multiple geo pillars up at once too

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Xun posted:

You can have multiple geo pillars up at once too

Good point! Anyway, this is the one I'm talking about. I feel like I must be blinding something obvious here.

https://twitter.com/FreeBlanders/status/1321805430306295808

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

That puzzle is glitchy for a lot of me people. I know because I looked it up when nothing happened for me too.

The trick that worked for me was activating both spots then reloading. Chest popped out when I logged back in. :shrug:

E. I'm on PC, might be different for you.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
reddit says that one is bugged for a bunch of people and sometimes re-logging fixes it. i can't get it to work either and don't remember doing it, unless i knocked it out during an exploring fever dream.

e; lol, got the chest to pop after dropping both pillars, logging out and waiting a minute, then it spawned after logging in and dropping one pillar. weird

Avynte fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Oct 29, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DorkBot3000 posted:

That puzzle is glitchy for a lot of me people. I know because I looked it up when nothing happened for me too.

The trick that worked for me was activating both spots then reloading. Chest popped out when I logged back in. :shrug:

The game has some bugs that are solved by closing out the application and reopening it. I had a bug where statues wouldn't heal me, and another where a temple had the doors opened, the screen froze, but the menu never popped up.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Is there any way to catch up on the Liben's rewards? Even though I logged in yesterday, I never got a prompt to find him, so I have only opened 3 boxes instead of 4.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

My understanding based on the event rules was that you can wait until the last day to open all the boxes if you want, but if you don't find Liben and give him what he asks for every day then you're outta luck.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
drat, I missed yesterday, despite playing the game for 4 hours. Just didn't think of it.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

kater posted:

Amber has a secret use in this. Her doll counts as a weight on some platforms. She's literally the "I have no friends and cannot do this puzzle otherwise" character.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vargs posted:

You will overload for 0 vs a fire slime because your basic attacks apply elec, which combines with their innate fire to create overload, which does pure fire damage, which they are immune to. So you aren't getting any benefit from the elemental combo. When you compare it to the similar scenario of Diluc hitting a slime that is Keqing's element, he's smacking that elec slime and getting overload procs which DO gently caress it up badly because the elec slime is not immune to fire. Diluc is very bad vs fire slimes. Keqing is very bad vs elec slimes. But Keqing is also fairly bad vs fire slimes while Diluc has a strong advantage over elec slimes.

Keqing can go mostly full phys by using crit damage and attack gear and as long as you have someone inflict cold so she can trigger superconduct she'll gently caress them up by spamming charge attacks. Straight up white damage, unless the monster has a ton of phys def they'll get melted.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I've had my game bug out with the selies as well. On PS4. Couldn't find one of them but I could hear it. Looked around in the trees and bushes for like 15 minutes before I finally just quit and reloaded and there it was right in front of me.

I've also had two spawn in the same spot, though the copy was unresponsive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Archonex posted:

Amber has a secret use in this. Her doll counts as a weight on some platforms. She's literally the "I have no friends and cannot do this puzzle otherwise" character.

You can also use Fishl's Oz (you have to drop him over the weight, then charged shot him), and Ningguang's Giant Wall