Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

To get all the challenges on chamber 3 I had to give all my guys like +200-300 attack and use Venti’s broken rear end ult a bunch of times. Despite all the Gacha poo poo the game is really F2P friendly except the Abyss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

fadam posted:

To get all the challenges on chamber 3 I had to give all my guys like +200-300 attack and use Venti’s broken rear end ult a bunch of times. Despite all the Gacha poo poo the game is really F2P friendly except the Abyss.

3-3 is such a joke after the treasure hoarder hell lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

3-3 is such a joke after the treasure hoarder hell lol

That’s just the handful of big guys right? Insanely easier lol. Same thing kind of happens in 4 where 4-1 is harder to clear fast than the other two.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Substandard posted:

I've not put any money into this yet outside of the $5 for the daily bonus gems, but I'm having terrible luck. I keep seeing all of you with a bunch of 5 stars and I've yet to get any in over 120 total pulls (not in the same banner so I haven't hit my pity 5 star yet. I'm like 10 away from getting it in the venti banner).

I do have 4 Fischls so far, and she is awesome.

Getting the constellation way up on a character you like is really good luck.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

fadam posted:

It’s like a 0.6% chance per wish to be a 5-Star, and there’s a bunch of different 5 stars so the chances of getting a particular 5 star are low. The trick is making due with what you have, Bennet is worse than Diluc, but he’s not like 500 hours of rerolling or hundreds of dollars worse.

Christ at those rates it feels like me having pulled Diluc and Venti in the same pull has the same odds as me winning the lottery or some poo poo

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I would rather have Fish dupes than like 50% of the four stars lol.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

ar30 trip report: i'm broke

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Substandard posted:

You can either try to knock everything off the ledge with the MC and Kaeya or you can get up to adventure rank 25 and then level to 50 and get your weapons up to 40+ it's pretty easy. I spent a couple of hours trying it right when I hit level 20 because I really wanted Xiangling and didn't have her yet, but I think it was a waste of time and it's easier to just level up some more first.

I should probably reroll while I can still get some of the first week bonuses, I was originally thinking I'd get my first pity 5-star on the venti banner and see what it is first, but unless I either put in money or get 3000 more gems via play in the next couple of days I may not have the option of rerolls. 20+ minutes for 50 pulls at a .6% chance seems pretty rough and I was hoping to avoid it.

Yeah. It's not too rough though. I have 20 hours roughly rerollibg because I have advanced brain worms. I have gotten a lot of 5*s though. Atleast 25 maybe more. That's roughly 50ish rerolls and completely unnecessary though. My fourth reroll had a cool and good team with Mona and Jean but I kept going because I wanted diluc or keqing

fadam posted:

It’s like a 0.6% chance per wish to be a 5-Star, and there’s a bunch of different 5 stars so the chances of getting a particular 5 star are low. The trick is making due with what you have, Bennet is worse than Diluc, but he’s not like 500 hours of rerolling or hundreds of dollars worse.

You can do a poo poo ton of pulls with just 5 or 10 rerolls. 10 puts you at roughly 500 pulls, and should take you about 3.5 hours.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

What happens with dupes when you've maxed out that character's constellations already? I'm getting very close with Fischl.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Vargs posted:

What happens with dupes when you've maxed out that character's constellations already? I'm getting very close with Fischl.

You get 5 of the fancy glitter currency instead of 2.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

should i be saving the fancy stardust stuff from getting high-level pulls so i can trade it in for a character later, if need be? i'm not sure what else to do with it. i used enough of the normal stuff to buy the 10 fates from the shop for that for the month and figure i can just stockpile that for basic resources otherwise.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Substandard posted:

I've not put any money into this yet outside of the $5 for the daily bonus gems, but I'm having terrible luck. I keep seeing all of you with a bunch of 5 stars and I've yet to get any in over 120 total pulls (not in the same banner so I haven't hit my pity 5 star yet. I'm like 10 away from getting it in the venti banner).

I do have 4 Fischls so far, and she is awesome.

I'm mostly running Traveler(Anemo) / Fischl / Barbara / Xiangling, and I'm doing just fine, but I seem to almost ONLY be drawing the 4 star banner characters as I've got 2 or 3 of Barbara and Xiangling as well. It could definitely be worse, but I want Diluc or another fancy 5 star badly.

Aside from a few super-lucky players, and a few who paid lots of money, the ones with multiple five-stars right now are the ones who rerolled for it -- you make a free account without linking it to an email, speedrun the first bit of the game, then use all the early free rolls and hope you get something good. I believe you can get ~53 rolls by AR7, which, at 0.6% chance per roll, gives you a 27% chance to get at least one five-star unit, or a 3.6% chance to get two five-stars.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

should i be saving the fancy stardust stuff from getting high-level pulls so i can trade it in for a character later, if need be? i'm not sure what else to do with it. i used enough of the normal stuff to buy the 10 fates from the shop for that for the month and figure i can just stockpile that for basic resources otherwise.

I'd probably use it to buy Razor if you need another character to fill out your squad or for a maybe a constallation upgrade, or just save it to see if they rotate in new 4 stars next month that you might want.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

I've been spending it on pulls. The two available characters take 7 pulls worth of starglitter, and I'd really rather have those 7 go towards picking up a 5* either through luck or the pity counter. I think the pulls are especially valuable right now since they can go towards the Venti banner which has a high chance of 3 phenomenal 5*s and 50% odds at a fantastic 5*, while the starglitter characters are Razor and Amber which I find difficult to get excited about.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'd forgotten that it was only razor and amber available right now. already pulled razor randomly so that's not an issue, but for now i guess i'll just sit on it and let it build up.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Johnny Joestar posted:

You can either trade 34 starglitter for a specific guaranteed 4-star character/weapon or for 17 extra gacha rolls. Or you can buy weapon ascension mats that you can just farm with resin... seems like a bad deal unless you're racing to get a character maxed out ASAP.
The guaranteed characters seem a lot more valuable to me than the extra rolls. Just hold onto the starglitter until a character/weapon you want rotates into the shop.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Radical posted:

the devs confirmed this is in the 1.1 patch

Did they, or was that the Leak of Mystery?

https://genshin-impact-map.appsample.com/#/ for anyone hunting them down, still takes some time but it's better than trying to hop around a video guide. And you can log in to make your own checklist of ones you've found. For anemos pretty much every one there has someone saying "this was my last one" but I'll shout out 304 (inside the pillar, need to glide in a hole above), 327 (just not near anything else and away from the road so it's easy to walk around it thinking you checked that area) and 362 (right next to the zone boundary and halfway up the cliff so it won't show from the top or the bottom) as ones I found tricky.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can either trade 34 starglitter for a specific guaranteed 4-star character/weapon or for 17 extra gacha rolls. Or you can buy weapon ascension mats that you can just farm with resin... seems like a bad deal unless you're racing to get a character maxed out ASAP.
The guaranteed characters seem a lot more valuable to me than the extra rolls. Just hold onto the starglitter until a character/weapon you want rotates into the shop.

Idk 17 rolls is gonna be 2 4*s on average. Fisch/xing/barb dupes all being pretty worth.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Rolls cost 5 unfortunately. So it's 6.8 rolls vs a guaranteed 4 star.

Bruceski posted:

Allegedly the compass is confirmed here, in chinese: https://bbs.mihoyo.com/ys/article/2151971

I don't read chinese so I can't prove it.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 10, 2020

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Substandard posted:

You can either try to knock everything off the ledge with the MC and Kaeya or you can get up to adventure rank 25 and then level to 50 and get your weapons up to 40+ it's pretty easy. I spent a couple of hours trying it right when I hit level 20 because I really wanted Xiangling and didn't have her yet, but I think it was a waste of time and it's easier to just level up some more first.

This is probably what I'm going to end up doing - I'm not sure when the rewards refresh but I'm doing it less for Xiangling C3 and more for that spear prototype that I can turn into a Crescent Pike (since it's apparently way overtuned).

The White Dragon posted:

3-2 is a standout as being a major bastard. do you have any characters with a knockback special? it's a little dangerous because the guys who throw molotovs can knock you off the edge as well, but you can save time by throwing dudes into the pit.

personally i wasn't able to clear it with full marks until i gained some ascensions and got to 50

I think just AneMC and Kaeya. I don't have any 5*s from wishing yet, and no one off-rateup (i.e. I have exactly eight characters - Traveler, Amber, Lisa, Kaeya, Noelle, Xiangling, Fischl, and Barbara).

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Bruceski posted:

No Wave posted:

Rolls cost 5 unfortunately. So it's 6.8 rolls vs a guaranteed 4 star.

Allegedly the compass is confirmed here, in chinese: https://bbs.mihoyo.com/ys/article/2151971

I don't read chinese so I can't prove it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/j80eyb/official_developer_qa_translated_coop_events/

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

fadam posted:

Abyss is just a gear check. I've seen whales take longer than f2p on the same floor.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Had enough for 40 rolls and got zero new characters on the Venti banner. I can definitely see why people reroll... too far in to do that now though. Pretty much have an empty 4th spot minus filling it with a story character :smith:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1314415291619713024

Second Son of Femboy Commerce Guild

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

katkillad2 posted:

Had enough for 40 rolls and got zero new characters on the Venti banner. I can definitely see why people reroll... too far in to do that now though. Pretty much have an empty 4th spot minus filling it with a story character :smith:

this is the most likely scenario. that's ok! 50 more pulls on the venti banner and you'll have another 5*. if you're early enough in the game that you haven't been able to do 90 pulls yet, you probably have enough time to get them before the banner expires.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

katkillad2 posted:

The only story character is the main character. As far as it looks, every other character will be treated the same including getting their in-game story moments. Amber, Lisa, and Kaeya are no different from any other character in the game other than, like Xiangling, Barbara, and Noelle at the moment, you get them without using a wish roll.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
What floor needs to be cleared for the free Xiangling? I'm can't log in to check at the moment.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Hyper Inferno posted:

What floor needs to be cleared for the free Xiangling? I'm can't log in to check at the moment.

Floor 3. It's not too bad to manage as soon as you've unlocked the abyss.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Floor 3. It's not too bad to manage as soon as you've unlocked the abyss.

Don't even need to pass to the 4th floor, just clear the 3rd with any amount of stars.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

This game is enjoyable and I got the chuuni without having to reroll for her so that is nice.

Still want more men who aren't either children or pretty boys, though.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Hellioning posted:

This game is enjoyable and I got the chuuni without having to reroll for her so that is nice.

Still want more men who aren't either children or pretty boys, though.

Similarly, I hate that every single female character has heels, thigh-highs, and a skirt. You've got a few that really spice it up by subtracting one of these. Not a whole lot of variety in visual design.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Vargs posted:

Similarly, I hate that every single female character has heels, thigh-highs, and a skirt. You've got a few that really spice it up by subtracting one of these. Not a whole lot of variety in visual design.

Can we talk about the amount of eyepatches?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

boz posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure more are on the way.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

No Wave posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure more are on the way.

I hope not! Nobody should lose their grandparents that young.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

boz posted:

Yes, it is incredibly disappointing that there aren't more.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm banking on the absent grandmaster being a cool old guy we eventually get to roll

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hellioning posted:

Yes, it is incredibly disappointing that there aren't more.

waiting for the double eyepatch blind (but not actually) monk character

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

boz posted:

I guarantee that Kaeya and Fischl aren't even missing an eye, they just put it on because they think it looks cool and edgy.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Vargs posted:

I guarantee that Kaeya and Fischl aren't even missing an eye, they just put it on because they think it looks cool and edgy.

Kaeya's is a family heirloom that he inherited. This is canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I didn't understand that you could get two 10-pulls out of the beginner banner so I just kind of happened to get lucky with Mona before. A friend of mine pointed out that I hadn't done my second set of beginner banner pulls so I saved up the last couple days and ended up netting Jean off of it. :shepface:

I was already planning on using Xiangling (since I have a 5* spear and nobody to use it yet) and Barbara for the double water synergy and heals. But now that I have Jean, I'm not sure that'll be the right way to go. I feel like that might be going too hard on heals, and I still don't really have a good greatsword on that team.