Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, all I want from this game is a summoner-type character. I'm gonna be dissapointed, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like a pet that does the damage while I provide support.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Should I gobble up the XP books, so long as I can afford it?

I assume I can't reasonably levelup every character and will eventually have to get more picky?

Also, Paimon needs a mute option.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got Sucrose as my first pull and she seems pretty neat. The AOE pull n spin seems very powerful so far.

I've gotten used to mobile controls but I'm dying to get home in a few days and play on PC.
It has controller support, right?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just pulled Xiangling (sp?) and her kit is fun.
Lots of stabbing and the fire panda is adorable.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What do you get when you pull a dupe hero?

I've only done 3 pulls (well, 30 I guess) and got lucky on that front.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, I don't think I'm going to use Bennet but his full-charge special is hilarious.

Got Barbara and it's nice to have a dedicated healer but I'm not sure how her abilities heal others when you can only have one out at a time?

The water fencer boy is neat. His protective swords are nice to summon and then switch to someone else.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there a good electric or earth character hiding somewhere?

I'm AL 13 and, while I like Lisa and Noelle, I'm kinda tired of them.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got a Sucrose dupe and it gives her a second, banked special attack.

I'm swirling all over the place and I love it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Squiddycat posted:

I would greatly appreciate just one of your Fishes as I lack her even after 100+ rolls

I'm at 60 pulls and have gotten nearly nothing good. Sure, I have two full teams but most of the are C listers.

BUT for the first time in gacha history, I like playing them all a decent amount.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there a way to say that my PC is the "main" version?

I can only buy stuff on mobile because that's where I started it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Squiddycat posted:

I can log in to both just fine, just not at the same time. It'll kick you out of whatever you were logged in first

That's not what I'm asking.

I can't buy the starter pack or anything with real money on PC. It yells at me to only purchase stuff on the device on which the account was made.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm finally AR 20 and it feels like I'm hitting a bit of a wall.

Focusing on the MC, he's level 30 with a level 30 sword and matching accessories at +4 or higher.

Everyone else is 20+ and it feels like I'm doing chip damage unless I get a good element combo going.

Noelle just does not have a place in my roster and it kinda sucks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm desperate for a new electric character but I'm having piss-poor luck.

Getting Barbara and Xiangling dupes, so that's neat but I just want something a bit more dramatically different.

At what point can I slap down $20 for a shitload of pulls? I've already committed to payinn a total of $60 for this, I've gotten more than enough fun out of it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh my god.
Folks, please read what all the skills do before locking in a team. I didn't realize Noelle's shield healed the party. I thought I was stuck with Barbara as my only source of combat healing.

And I also ate up all my Debate Clubs leveling a stupid book :negative:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm such an idiot.

I alternated pulls between the Venti and permanent banner.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9yOifcESak

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm at AR 23 and I don't have any character that really blows me away.

Since I'm only $5 down on this account, should I re-roll? How long does it take to get back to the 50ish free pulls?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Who do you have?

I've rerolled an AR20 account, it's not too bad. Getting a new fun character basically makes up for it

Story characters, Sucrose, Bennet and Xingqiu.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah, I even got a Sucrose dupe so that I have two of their special skill but since I prefer the MC to be Anemo, it seems like a waste.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

dogsicle posted:

some of the starter rewards have already expired afaik, so you're down like 2k primo from the login-related stuff. lacking a strong DPS other than xiangling might hurt but i feel like rerolls are way worse to do now.

Can anyone confirm this?

I was planning on doing a ton of rerolls after work.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

First time trolling and the RNG gods heard that I wanted more electric characters.

Beidou and two Fischels, plus a Chongyun.

I might keep this account.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I get the appeal of Diluc. Using him in his story mission felt great

BUT

Mihoyo could change him at any time. There is no protecting your $5,000 """investment""" as they could toss a balance patch out and bring him in line with everyone else.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I think that, since I never got out of Monstadt (aside from nabbing the first Geo statue), I'm gonna do a reroll once a day and see where I'm at in a week or so. Now that I know how to play and what to expect, I think I'm okay redoing all the exploration of that area, eventually.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

TV Zombie posted:

Please no more xiangliang for my pulls...

Sure but do you have her maxed out yet???

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there any point where you can customize the Traveler's appearance?

I know you can change gliders but some basic dyes would be nice.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Uhh, second reroll got me:
Xingqiu
Barbara
Fischul
Venti

That's as good as I can hope for unless I go loving bonkers, right?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cool.

I think I'm going to do one more, just in case, and then decide.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Plus more characters only have 5% crit chance.
Even a +50% item combo would confer a total of 7.5%, u less it is additive.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Flair posted:

Yes, you can stop now unless you are going for Diluc, or god forbide, Diluc and Venti :emo:

No, I'm not that insane. I just don't like the water sword boy and would much prefer Bennet.

But that's how they get you, eh? One more greedy pull to squeeze out your money.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The game is perfect at preying on your FOMO.

I would love to have a Mona/Lisa (omg) duo team but I'll never get her and THATS FINE IM OKAY WITH IT.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh wow so this Fischel + Venti combo is letting me punch WAY above my weight class.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Popping in to say that the Chinese voice actors blow everyone else out of the water.

I though I'd like the Japanese track but they somehow made voices MORE high-pitched.

Chinese Venti is great.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

dogsicle posted:

i barely use venti in the overworld anymore (oops) but i can't imagine giving up "wouldn't gliding be faster?"

I often use alternate voices, when possible, because I get annoyed very easily by repetitive noise. This includes voice lines that are semi-regular.

If it's a language I don't understand, is lessens this issue nearly 100%.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

gandlethorpe posted:

If you have an Abyss run in progress, will changes you make to your chars/equipment while in the overworld take effect?

None.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

AweStriker posted:

Since it might be a while before I pull more, should I invest in Noelle, who is my only greatsword user at present?

Noelle is pretty great but not obviously so at first.
Right now she is my main healer. Pop the shield and face-tank everything while walloping fools with a massive club and healing your team.

It's much more engaging than Barbara, who is a better healer but I found pretty dull.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ugh, I can't decide between Prototype Rancour of Sacrificial sword for the Traveler.

The proc on Sacrificial (element skill CD refresh) doesn't seem to trigger all that much.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, it hurts not to use the Traveler in my team but I restructured to have Venti, Fischel, Xiangling and Noelle. It's an absolute murder machine.

Fischel isn't all that great IMO outside of dropping Oz and switching to someone else but maybe later I'll get the right combo of items and really bring her to life. Her first constellation seems like a great way to round her out.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I want the electric claymore lady back from my first reroll.

Yeah maybe it wasn't optimal DPS but the guard counter felt great to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've been very diligent and yet I'm still missing 13 Anemo orbs. Yes, I've cleared out Stormterrors lair.

Ugh...

I did the island way out east at level 25 and that was rough.