Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

my luck in this has been odd.. first 6 10-pulls have got me 1 char each which is p standard, but they were noelle - sucrose - sucrose - sucrose - lisa - lisa, in that order.. not complaining since dupes are useful, but like.. another character would be nice, if only for expeditions?? Lisa at least is one of my most used characters so dupes make her stronger is cool. Sucrose (and wind chars in general) i havent found a real use for yet since they dont really interact with the other elements in a normal way.

edit: i forgot i got barbara in one of the first 2 pulls also, so one multi-char pull I guess. barbara has by far been the MVP cuz water is so good for comboing with other elements

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

oh no I've already committed 20+ hours im not rerolling poo poo, if I can't make it work this game is dumpster tier

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Skimmed the thread and added some people but im Sacks, UID 601691966 if anyone wants to add. not real sure when i wanna co-op but w/e

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

AegisP posted:

Spiral Abyss is a lot of fun. Got through floor 5 with 7/9, which was mildly surprising as both of my teams are still mostly level 40 while the enemies are 55. Nice to know that the comps I had setup are solid enough to handle the start of the multi-party stages.

Incidentally, the Traveler's wind Tornado does a lot of work in spiral abyss, particularly on the chambers that have you kill ~20 enemies, as they all seem to spawn spread out. Happy I decided to level her up.

what kind of comp you using? oh you have to use 2 teams for that floor.. im still struggling with floor 3, which seems like a pretty hard dps check.. i have kaeya + barbara at 40/40 level+weapon but a couple others are waiting on some weapon upgrade mats.. chamber 1 has enemies of like all the main 4 elements and i barely passed it, then chamber 2 was just the chapter 2 grunts but they are just so much HP I killed like 12/17. maybe I need to upgrade artifacts more I guess, i wanted to hold out until i got some better ones but meh

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

everybody knows the real meta is dps barbara

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV11v411C7PU

(for those unfamiliar, on bilibili vids click the blue toggle switch under the vid to disable the scrolling comments)

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Barbara is great but it is absolutely INFURIATING to try to use her when fighting ice enemies.. great way to get frozen constantly

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

well right now we have areas for 2 elements.. out of 7... so the world should get a LOT bigger

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I could see them adding special event dungeons that you smash out 3-5 times a day in co-op to farm <something> that gets you rewards of some kind for timed events

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

idgaf noelle will be my climbing dumptruck waifu forever

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Rynder posted:

Geo MC's elemental skill is awful. I appreciate it's a spammable meteor but in a close quarters fight I'm constantly accidentally climbing it. Wish there was a quick way to despawn it.

I believe it's been confirmed they're gonna do something about disabling random climbing in combat when you arent holding space or whatever

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Noelle IS a good earth character :colbert:

but no there's no other earth char you can easily acquire as of yet, theres ningjang or w/e in the gacha

e: Ningguang

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Gave up on my 1st account that only ever pulled Sucroses and Lisa's, painful as it is to lose a week of progress I felt like I was struggling too much. Rerolled a couple times and landed on Venti + Xingqui + Beidou which I decided to keep cuz I don't especially want to waste more time on the process, I already tripled my amount of non-free heroes and then AR10 pulls got me Ningguang also. Got to play for like 5-6 hours and got back up to AR15 already so the levelling progress is already significantly faster now that I know what I'm doing. Hopefully tomorrow I can make it to 20 and get Barbara back, no heals is a bummer.

New ID is 607326214 if anyone wants to readd, just boot Sacks off your friends

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Yea 1-20 is cheap as hell, 20-40 is a bit more work, 40+ is when the levelling costs get hefty and you'll be levelling 1 person at a time and probably dropping less good characters off at the wayside

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Been using Beidou as my primary dps on my reroll account, she is cool + good although I have got to get better at using her counter. When it goes off with max stacks it just does obscene damage, unfortunately most of the time I get it just from standing in fire intentionally (thanks xiangling)

Pushed hard + made it to AR21 on day 2, clearing stormterror + getting all the anemoculus. So much faster to do a second time around knowing the map better and where stuff is, plus having Venti for his little updraft is nice QOL. RIP Lisa carry, you were a pain in the rear end

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Tabletops posted:

I'm not positive but I think her counter has a perfect window that I've gotten off a few times where it did full damage but I only tapped it to block something.

I think at least

Yea it mentions that in the talent text, if you use it (or release it?) at the moment of a hit it will full charge

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

It's not strictly necessary but depending on your personality you may find you want to.. personally I tried to play without for like 5 days without rerolling but my pull luck was awful and I onliy had 1 non-free character that I didn't even like and eventually gave in and restarted. The current rate of free currency is glacially slow, even before you clear all the content so the people you start with are gonna be the people you use for a long time unless you spend. Randomly came up in a video I was watching earlier today actually, a guy was showing how he didn't spend any currency after going down to zero at the start of the game, and after like a week of heavy play he was at 4800 gems which is 3 10-pulls, which is less than you have available at the start atm.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

maybe he means 10-pulls? like starting out as of yesterday you would have enough right off the bat to do 40 or 50 pulls at least by AR7

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I've been putzing around with Ningguang on the overworld and her damage seems pretty legit even without having amazing gear. Not being able to take advantage of element reactions will definitely mean she has less burst potential though, but she's pretty good for regular questing i feel

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Framboise posted:

Confirming that 4* single pull reset timers are not restricted to "every 10 pulls".

A Favonius Spear was my #10, then I pulled a Razor 2 pulls after that.*

*That is to say, as long as banners are not on separate timers. The spear was on the Venti banner; Razor was on the Wanderlust banner (I used my 2 wishes from the ascension quest).

Pities are calculated seperately, if you look in your pull history each banner is tracked seperately

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Canopus250 posted:

So I rerolled after an utter trash start (2 ambers + 2 sucrose) and got Jean with my opening pull and 3 Fischl's after doing the temples. Since I like both of them I assume this is generally as good of a run as I could start with right?

Does either banner have a better chance at a fire character at all? Or is it so minuscule it doesn't actually matter?

Edit: Also is there a reason to keep using my main if I level up Jean? It seems like I should just toss somebody else in for better coverage.

The mc will get access to more elements later and is required for some puzzles it seems like so leveling them wont be a waste, but nah there's probably not a need to use him unless you want to double wind for the travel bonus

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I can't even imagine how this would play on a phone tbh, like even past the reports of it being completely unable to run on anything but the newest hardware and badly at that, so much of the game is vertical that i can't imagine how you are moving and controlling the camera unless they're giving you a camera axis on the right hand when not in combat or something. I guess you could use phone for like, just doing some midday domains since those are mostly simple teleport to a flat arena fight

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

A good roll for sure, most rolls with a 5* are of course. From what I've heard Mona is good if not amazing, she's more of a support than a primary DPS lategame but does some neat stuff? But yea Mona / Fischl / Xiangling / <healer> should do well for a long time, I might go with Noelle to start since greatsword users are nice to have around and she can do some amount of healing, Xingqui can be a supporty defensive sorta-healer but he needs his level 20+ promotion first IIRC, and you'll get barbara eventually who will also take care of the business

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

It's kind of important to not spread out your levelling / gear too much cuz you're not gonna have a ton of extra to go around. Definitely pick your best / favorite person to keep maxed out with the best gear and keep them as up to date as possible before even worrying about other people you are using, much less people you just swap in once in a while. I'm AR27 now and have 3-4 people at level 40 and one level 50 and the rest of the people are mostly whatever random exp they've picked up from quests/kills. And for artifacts, for the right 3 slots try to only upgrade pieces 3* and higher that have ATK% as primary stat, cuz again you will not have enough to just level everything you might want to try and doing more damage and killing faster will keep you alive better than any amount of DEF or HP. These are just some guidelines for early on though, as you get more experience with the game and have more resources available feel free to do some experimentation, but it feels real bad to run out of fodder artifacts and realize your gear is hot garbage

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

No Wave posted:

Ok if you leave the wolf's trounce blossom alone for too long after you beat him (twenty to thirty minutes) it will disappear and you won't be able to claim it this week. Whoops, kind of needed that prototype drop.

you can always ask to do it co-op with someone then open their blossom that spawns. the boss might respawn if it wasnt claimed tho? idk

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Getting this was easier than expected, but it does require people to have played it a few times + get the flow down. Pretty sure we got carried damage-wise by one dude with a mega-strong Razor though, stuff was just dying fast

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

Can anyone tell me a good way to defeat Stormbringer? Flying missions are the hardest for me.

for the flying segment, its a pain in the rear end, only advice i can really give is try to keep it steady on the weakpoint, he'll thrash around a bunch and you'll have a hell of a time trying to track it perfectly just do your best, if you cant track just hold near the middle and wait for him to straighten out again. then for the parts where he's shooting lots of poo poo at you, just use the wasd/movement to keep moving around the sides of the screen until you can get the hoops to push you back into fighting range.

once you're in the proper bossfight, his attacks are all big + telegraphed so do your best to dodge, and attack his hands when they're on the platform. stay away from the head for obvious reasons. When you knock him down you can climb the neck (or jump w/ venti) and do your best burst damage combos

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

not sure what you mean, you shoot the circles then move into them. dont worry about getting hit during that, the projectiles dont do THAT much damage, but missing the hoop will make that section go on even longer

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

No Wave posted:

I'm actually tempted to level up Lisa. Does anyone have experience with her?

Team 1 for me right now is Kiqin, level 1 Lisa, Kaeya, and Barbara. Team 2 is Xiangling, Bennett, Fischl, and Venti (Bennett is a healer). I don't really know who to use instead of Lisa. I'd love a Mona there instead of Kaeya but he's fine.

(My only other non-intro character is Chongyun - I theoretically could run him in team 2 but I get more out of Fischl on team 2).

I used Lisa as my primary DPS for basically the entirety of my first 4-5 day playthrough of the game (usually pairing with Barbara for the water reactions). She is.. pretty mediocre tbh, which is a shame because I kinda like how she plays, it's just not effective enough compared to what other characters do. One problem is she has pretty short range on her damage, and only hits 1 target at a time with basic attacks, so right off the bat you're not having a great time compared to other characters. Her tap E does minor damage (basically an autoattack worth) in a very tiny aoe and applies a stack of debuff that makes her charged E do more damage. Her charged basic attack can also apply this debuff in a larger AOE and is what you want to be doing mostly when you can, but it's kinda slow and awkward. Slower and more awkward is her charged E, which is her big damage move, and it's pretty satisfying to get off.. but the damage is pretty unimpressive for how much work you have to put into it, compared to what other characters can do basically for free. And of course, you have to stand still charging for 2-3 seconds. At least she has a pretty good interrupt resistance, but you will almost certainly be getting hit, and is just not viable in some fights.

Her ult is also very disappointing, it puts a smallish circle on the ground that does a very underwhelming amount of damage every second and might have a minor stun / interrupt mayyybe but it is barely noticable and enemies will easily move out of it. When dropping it on a tough enemy I barely felt like it did anything except for allow repeated elemental reactions if I swap characters.

I feel like she might be best used as a secondary lightning support in a team with Keqing or something to give the elec buff + build ults faster, she could be useful for that perhaps, but her moveset is just not good enough for being a main dps, although the debuff + boosted E mechanic seems like it wants her to be that. Also keep in mind this was my newbie period and my gear wasnt setup the best it could be, and I had nobody really good to combo her with. I am sure there's potential to use her better than I did, if i had Keqing I'd probably try it out at least, get her to 40 maybe and see how it goes, use the book that makes swapping to someone else boost their atk.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Yeah it's definitely not a game that's meant to be rushed through, at the end of the first act Venti even says you should like take your time + smell the roses kinda thing. This game is aiming more for the casual hour or two a day player, not people who 12 hours a day plow through the entire story in a week people like us. It's basically a defining part of the 'gacha' model, keep people coming back for more. I do think the game needs some kind of time sink dungeons though, something that takes longer and doesn't use resin but the rewards are small, like some gold + character exp and maybe some common chests idk. Just SOMETHING you can do repeatedly (with optional co-op) that isn't completely trivial and gives a reward. Hell you could re-use the current one-time dungeons maybe, throw some extra enemies in, maybe multiple difficulties.. Idk.

I'm willing to give them time to improve it though. There isn't a gacha game out there that didn't start out with the same kinds of problems, getting that time v reward balance is very hard, ESPECIALLY when you're doing it in an entirely new type of game that hasn't been gacha'd before. No doubt they wanted to err on the side of not generous enough starting out, so they can slowly make improvements, rather than make everything too easy and have people finish + quit the game before the new content even hits.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Kild posted:

Basically ever successful gacha I've played (FGO, Dragalia, GFL, Arknights, Epic7) has given nearly unlimited stamina.

idk what world you're living in but Arknights doesn't have unlimited stamina unless you are paying for it. And Epic7 gives you absurd amounts of stamina because they FORCE you to run everything an infinite amount of times because the gear farm nightmare is neverending. Thank gently caress the stat rolls in this game appear to be flat values - in Epic7 not only do you randomly roll what stat you get, the AMOUNT of stat you get is also random, so perfect gear is functionally impossible

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Since I pulled Venti early on I've been sinking my pulls into the standard banner, hoping for any non venti 5*.. finally got it today at the pity...

well, its not venti! Actually seems like a very strong dps weap and I have a constellation 2 Ningguang so she'll be getting more use (although I was using her pretty often before tbh)

the cloud proc floats around you and does about 6 attacks in it's 15s duration so it's quite a bit of free damage actually

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 14, 2020

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I've heard Klee is pretty strong, but she has a very unusual playstyle / attack set which may not be for everyone. I'd suggest trying her out first before you pull

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Dreamy from Arknights youtubing made a nice video showcase for Ningguang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FocxbVU9KXg

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Paperhouse posted:

Can someone tell me exactly how Noelle's healing works? It sometimes just seems to happen and then sometimes it doesn't. I guess it's related to her shield skill but I'm not sure how to trigger it

this kinda info is spelled out in each characters talent screen, but basically whenever she has her shield skill active, every swing will do a bit of healing.. i havent used her in a while so i forget what stat the heal is based on

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, so I finally made progress. I've got Amber, Kaeya, Noelle, Lisa (the two I usually send on Expeditions), Barbara, Razor and Fischl now. With the world level upgrading things are pretty tough now. How do I combo with them? So far, I've just been having Barbara drench people and then freeze them with Kaeya and smack them around with Razor.

Also got other questions. I hear that the Debate Club is actually fantastic and you shouldn't sleep on it, so I've been using that for Razor so far. What're the other weapons that're great?

I didn't know how the co-op worked in this game so I assumed that you had to have PS+ to get it but since its actually free I'll give my UID. 607776213 I wanna beatt that Electro Hypostatis by Cape Oath and win the Spiral Abyss and get Xianling but I'm not great at the game so far still.

Razor is kind of a solo carry type, he gets stronger the longer you keep using him without switching characters, so if you keep him max level + gear he can carry you for a good while, Barb+Fish are good supports and when you get Xiangling from clearing Abyss 3-3 you should be pretty set for a while for general use. Abyss 3 is a bit tough when you're new tho, it's kinda the first serious dps/gear check you'll run into, but a powered up Razor should be able to get you through it. Just make sure to max out his weapon (Debate Club should be fine) and try to get as much ATK as you can on your artifacts, generally the right 3 slots should have ATK% as their main stat, even if you can't match a good set right away, and get them to at least level 8 if you can.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

well you can always farm ascension mats for characters / weapons, collect poo poo like glaze lillies / wall mushrooms / the specialty stuff that is limited quantity, and farm fatui etc for their ascension drops (you need a LOT of these)

there's also basically an infinite need for Mora which you can farm via anemo/geo sigils (1600 per 2 once you finish the shop), the floating water boxes usually have 1k per, chests of course have a bunch, etc. Whenever I'm 'out of stuff' to do I just go around farming stuff in a relaxed way, re-exploring areas I've been to cuz i've almost always missed something, killing random enemies.. game is still fun to play without quests directing you to places

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 18, 2020

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I don't think she felt weak, she did good damage considering her level (she's given to you as level 47 without optimal gear) so compared to your top 60's she might seem worse. Her main problem I feel is relatively short range and awkward throw attack, and the charge attack seems to be very short range, but in terms of damage output I would expect her to do very well when fully geared

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Yea it can be hard to play with your less powered up people, especially in later world levels, but do remember that some things like elemental shields from Abyss mages, or the non-boss targets in boss fights like the hypostatsis', take the same damage no matter your stats, so you can easily swap in and break a barrier or something when needed and have people be useful that way, as long as you are able to avoid dying of course. But the more I play the better I get at the combat and the easier it is to dodge things on reaction so with time and practice it'll be easier to use your new people even if they are quite a bit behind. I've used Xingqui in particular in abyss even at level 20 just to swap in, activate skill / ult, and swap back to the main dps.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

tbh jean could probably take the spot of barbara if you want, I hear she is a quite good healer + does respectable damage also, and would give you the stamina / movefaster element bonus for double wind. Barbara being c4 is still good tho + even better when you hit c6 down the road for that safety rez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

do we actually know what zhongli or whatever geospearfaceguy actually does? I've seen his skill animations but idk what they actually do, if he did lower geo resistance he might become a must-pull for me cuz ningguang is life