Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
When is it worth enhancing equipment, and to what level? I worry about wasting materials on garbage. I've only really upgraded 4* stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I just pulled Venti, is the best strategy to now save until the next character banner if so I'm really interested in is new characters?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

The pity timer carries over, so unless you really don't want to risk getting another Venti and resetting it, I think it's worth it to keep pulling. Barbara, Xiangling, and Fischl are all solid heroes with great constellation bonuses, and right now is the prime time to get them.

I have Barb/Xian/Fisch at decent levels so I guess I will stop rolling. What I'm really missing is any of the great swords besides Noelle. I felt really jelly during the Diluc trial.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Venti is like S++ tier for exploration due to his ability create wind gusts on command. The number of things you can bypass with it is amazing.

So if MC is my dps because I only have a 4* sword, is it better to have them be wind or geo? I've just stuck with wind because that's what I've started as

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Is there a good resource for what character abilities scale with what?

I need to beat the giant cold wolf weekly boss, and my usual strategy of "melee" doesn't seem to work because I get frozen all the time. I think I need to go ranged with Fischl/Barbara but I haven't really used them till this point. I know I raven scales off attack, but don't know what I should give Barb.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

echofriendly posted:

I've steamrolled through the entire overworld with fischl built with whatever makes her atk% and atk+ stats highest. you can just aim shot him to death while strafing.

I just did this and shot him to death. It was with the dumb level 20 spam bow but it still did work.

Qwertycoatl posted:

I may be wrong but I think you'll only get frozen if you have Barbara in your party covering everyone in water

That's possibly what it was. However I have no other healer so I didn't really see another option.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I just installed the game on my phone for funsies, and after playing on pc these controls feel horrific. Looks pretty though

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Yeah, I just used my phone for expeditions, gearing, dailies, and activating statues/teleporters. Anything that takes precision is right out the window.

It runs surprising well on my OnePlus 5t, only issue is the initial load time.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
What are the good constellations to get to for the 4* from the Venti banner? Trying to decide whether to keep rolling on it or wait until next character once.

I have Fischel 1/Xian 2/Barb 4.

Fischel 1 is amazing, but doesn't seem like any of the others are great until 6. Xian doesn't seem like any are particularly whelming, and I have no idea about Barb.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

No Wave posted:

You can eat food mid-air if that helps.

Dumb question, but how? When I did the fight hitting esc to bring up the menu asked if I wanted to leave the domain.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

brainwrinkle posted:

I would be shocked if the Crescent Pike doesn't eat a nerf. My Xiangling at Talent 2 for her attacks does 285% of her ATK as damage for the full attack string. The Crescent Pike at base refinement takes that to 465%, higher than Razor's multipliers (417% at Talent 1) and nearly competitive with his ult. At Refinement 5 it goes to 645%.

I don't feel Crescent is OP, just the only really good guaranteed f2p option.

My two options for main dps are basically Fischl and Xiang. With the same levels/artifacts my c1 Fischel with maxed slingshot (a 3 star) seems to be out dpsing a refine 2 crescent spear by a bit. They both do far more than anyone else I've managed to pull.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

One streamer I follow is a Ningguang main even tho hes done a small amount of whaling and is AR41 and he likes her a lot

I assume this is Celerity, and his small amount of whaling is 1k. He doesn't have that many 5*, which is crazy to me you can spend that much.

TheFluff posted:

Character levels don't matter as much as weapon levels/artifact levels/talent levels, so AR is more relevant than character level IMO. For the record I managed to get up to 6 stars on floor 3 before AR25 (with Xiangling, Fischl, Barbara and anemo MC) with everyone at 40 and pretty lovely not-maxed-out artifacts but I'm hardly the best player. I could not beat floor 4 with this though. Got to AR25 yesterday and with Xiangling and MC at 50 and weapons upgraded I think I have a better shot.

The secret to floor 4 for me was burning down the hydro mage shields with charged Fischl shots. This was new to me because I am usually all auto attack. I used basically the same team as you, with Fischl as the carry and Venti instead of Wind Traveler.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

THE loving MOON posted:

I don't know about the battle pass, but so far the only paid thing that seems even somewhat reasonable is the Welkin Moon thing. It doesn't even give you a whole roll per day, but it's $5 for a month it'll round out the gems you get from doing your commissions and put you over the line for one roll a day. :shrug:

The amount of "value" (There are not enough air quotes available to express my irony) Welkin gives is crazy compared to anything else in the game. It gives 2700 gems for 5 bucks you just need to wait 30 days, the equivalent in the instant cash shop is 45 bucks.

I realize you have to log in every day, but I have a phone so that just takes a few moments.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

So it took him 720 rolls to get both Diluc and Graveyard and it's 3 bucks a roll...

TV Zombie posted:

How many are playing the game on mobile as opposed to a different way?

I have both on PC and phone and don't like to use phone for anything more than messing around with artifacts or doing dailies.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

AweStriker posted:

Since it might be a while before I pull more, should I invest in Noelle, who is my only greatsword user at present?

I would. I let her lag behind, but once I got to the two team part of the abyss I needed a second healer and someone who can break geo with a normal attack.

Claymores feel way overtuned to me, between the fact they get to break geo for free and seem the best at stun locking mobs. I'm just salty I haven't pulled another one besides Noelle.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

inthesto posted:

If you're really hurting for another claymore user, you can buy Razor in the shop for 34 starglitter.

I would but glitter is really rare. At 29 AR having finished up all the story content I'm sitting on 20 glitter having spent none.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I just hit ar30 and figured out why people are posting hillchurl farming guides on reddit. I'm officially in grind territory.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Rynder posted:

Is everyone pulling one at a time or not bothering and just doing the x10?

There is no difference on the math and lol how long it would take to amass 10 as f2p so I roll as I get them.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The venti banner is actually better for getting non-venti 5* characters than the standard banner.

Standard has the reward pool diluted with weapons so you only have a 1/3rd chance to get a character and 2/3rds to get a 5* weapon instead.
Venti banner gives you 100% chance to get a character, but half the time it'll be another Venti.

This is not true, Venti banner is worse for getting non-venti characters because of the fact you're guaranteed to never get 2 non-venti's in a row.

Someone on reddit ran the numbers, is about twice the odds in the standard

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Heran Bago posted:

Not disagreeing, but what's the point of Spiral Abyss? The rewards don't seem to be worth the cost of maintaining two teams after floor 4.

Is it required for certain world levels or adventure's handbook chapters?

There's some adventures handbook, it's the most challenging content in the game, and 300 gems per floor is pretty good.

Due to how easy other content is there's no need to level anything if you don't want to push the abyss.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I'm sad about the next character banner, my only non-f2p characters are basically sucrose and xing and I don't really use them. Noelle c1 could be good but lol rolling specifically for that.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

hit button posted:

Is there anything specifically good to use resin for on sundays? With all the daily materials being available it just seems a bit less efficient to farm talent/weapon materials since you'll most likely be getting stuff you don't need right now. So I'm guessing you should just run things unaffected by the day of the week, but I might be missing something that makes sunday more useful?

I use it for the upgrade materials because you seem to get a higher quantity then the specific day. Like non Sunday may see 3 drops but today I could get like 5 or 6.

I'm at the point where quantity matters more than type

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I'm happy with the characters I have now so I think I'll stop rolling until a character banner that tickles my fancy. What two abyss teams should I be making? I'm up to floor 6 and things just took forever to die.

https://ibb.co/8MTFFY8

I just got Razor and didn't do floor 5 with him, so I'm thinking Xiang/Amber/Venti/Noelle and Razor/Fisch/Xing/Barbara. Amber is just there for fire resonance, and I'm not sure about Xing. Maybe Kaeya or Wind MC instead?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

fadam posted:

The thing with Abyss is that you can't use the same team for every floor, you have to pick guys based on what enemies you're facing and what the elemental bonus is. I think the best strat is to find 8 (6 I guess works too lol) guys you like, get a nice set of artifacts/weapons, and rotate as you need.

I mean, 8 outfitted people is the dream but it seems like the items required to level up people/talents/gear increases exponentially. I have about 2 good artifact sets and 3 weapons. Like Venti is great because you get tons of value off just bringing him out to press e and q off cooldown, while Razor does work but has to be out on the field and kitted. What other characters give you a good bang per buck like Venti?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

If you are using the fragile resin the game hands you hand over fist, 1600 weekly should be easy.

The first hit is always free

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Do any elite bosses have different drop rates? I'm trying to get some gladiator and both cubes and oceanid drop it. Is either better?

I'm also surprised oceanid isn't a weekly boss. It's got so much more effort put into it than the cubes.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I thought I was going to skip this banner because I wasn't that interested in klee and have all the 4* rate ups, but after playing her story I don't know. She's fun to play, her burst is all explosions all the time, she's good for breaking mage shields, and her run animation is top tier.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
People asking about the book for bosses, two things that took me an embarrassing amount of time to realize is you can switch between Mondstat and Liyue, and that you can keep hitting the navigate button on a non-elite guy you just killed (like an agent or mage) and it will find and mark a new one.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Like hillichurls are so common are there actually people who need to deliberately grind them for materials?

I eventually did because I had so many characters that needed them to level talents. Once you hit all the non-repeatable content it runs out fast.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

brainwrinkle posted:

What have people been picking for their BP weapons? I'm leaning towards the bow.

The sword, catalyst, and possibly the claymore look good too.

I think I'm going to go sword because the sustain seems too good. You can probably forgo healing with it on your carry.

Claymores looks good especially for Beidou but I get hit too much and aminus seems close. Bow seems good if you need to use Fischl dps but doesn't really do much if you're not attacking and I already have Venti. Spear is garbo, and catalyst doesn't seem too crazy.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

No Wave posted:

How many prototypes have wolf/stormterror given you guys? I've done them 4 times and gotten 0. I want to know if that's a lowroll or they're just ultra rare and I shouldnt bother with either boss until they're dropping talent upgrade materials.

I have gotten 1 with 4 total clears. I think they're worth doing though because they seem to have a higher chance of artifacts than anything else. I pulled a 5* from them too.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Did anyone have any insight on mine? Genuinely wondering if I should build Qiqi as a second DPS....

No Wave posted:

Buy razor in the shop! If you can't afford that idk. I'd probably just kit Fischl out especially if she's C1 because she's good with Qiqi and if you find something better the levels won't be wasted on her. Same with Xiangling really, either of them would be fine.

I concur that your second dps should be either Fischl or Xiang, and that Razor would be an amazing pickup if you can afford it because he wrecks with qiqi.

You'll want to keep qiqi on the team with Fisch/electric because that status proc is so good. But the abyss is mostly about looking at what each floor has and then arranging teams to figure out how you can abuse elemental reactions. Like even if Barbara is level one you should bring her along if there are pyro shields.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Araganzar posted:

Right now for Abyss 5+ I am thinking Venti/Diluc/Fishcl/Bennet and Mona/Xiangling/Jean/Barbara. I also have Noelle and Ningguang available.

I haven't levelled Mona, Jean or Bennet, yet. Does anyone see anything horribly wrong with this before I pour another 50 pounds of xp books into the furnace? Will I be in trouble having a pyro main DPS on each team, or for having no cryo or geo?

I would level Diluc/Xiang as dps and Bennet/Barb as healer and then sub in whoever has the correct element for the floor.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Framboise posted:

Xiang is nails on a chalkboard annoying in Japanese. I had to go afk once with her out and I kept heard her squealing.

(Her idle animation with Guoba is insanely cute though.)

Xiang's bells are what drive me nuts. She was my early carry and I couldn't stand to have her out on the field while exploring.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

The best thing about the MC is they generally just give you acsention material for them and I don't have to grind for it. Or get dupes for their constellation.

The fact that you level their talents separately by element is pain.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Abyss is pretty fun, managed to scrape by on Floor 6 with 4/9 bounties. I keep being lazy about really farming materials on the daily which is the main hamper to my parties at the moment. I asked awhile ago about my party comps and never got any replies but I'm still curious what y'all would do with what I have. This is what I've been running atm and it's fine but Team B is a bit awkward just because Geo is an awkward thing to focus on.

A: Razor, Xiangling, Barbara, Venti
B: Ningguang, Fischl, Noelle, Sucrose

I don't think sucrose is doing much for you on the b team, can only swirl electro.

Also I would try and work Kaeya in. Superconduct is really good, and later levels you need cryo to break shields.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Avynte posted:

I'm curious what the upcoming box event is going to entail for rewards. I hope it's just ascension mats and no 0.6% rare rewards though since we only get 7 tries.

The rumor is if you open all the boxes you get Fischel.

I would be surprised if it wasn't 7 set rewards and was random instead.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Ashenai posted:

You can still reroll if you want, you're not missing out on anything significant.

I think you just missed out on the paimon gift, which gave up to 10 rolls on the last day. So your rerolls are 42 total instead of 52?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

42 pulls is still plenty for rerolling. Best case scenario is Noelle + 3 other characters which will be a great start. Just be prepared to suffer if you specifically want a 5* start because the pull rates are rear end.

My luck has been weird. Started of decently with Razor, Noelle, Ningguang, Xiangling, and Barbara. Little later got blessed by Venti. Then spent forever getting flooded with Xiangling & Barbara dupes with a single Fischl. Got trolled by 2 Lisa dupes. But then new banner and I got Sucrose, Xingqiu, and Diluc and I'm very happy.

Gacha is a fickle mistress.

42 pulls is about a 23% chance at a 5* and takes half an hour for anyone contemplating rerolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Flair posted:

No, it appears on plain grass. It just goes up and disappears. This is not my recording, but it looks this jarring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ecYXS2iwk

Different things have different draw distances. It's probably a hidden chest you need to do something for. The most common example is the chests load before the big rubble pile over them