Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The delay in reconfiguring your party is just long enough that "oh I want fire for this puzzle" gets annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Do the shrines of the depths respawn or do I need to start taking notes of which ones I've opened for when I next get a key?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I pulled Jeanne as my first 5* and it feels bad to say but I don't think she's got a spot in my team. If I didn't have Barbara her hybrid damage and healing would be handy but... I have Barbara.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Framboise posted:

Yeah that's something the game doesn't seem to tell you. Huh.

Also dang the game's making me really feel bad for not having Venti. I did the little trial thing you can do with him under Events and his elemental skill is Revali's Gale from Breath of the Wild (aka pretty much the most useful skill in the entire loving game).

I wonder if he'll ever be available for Starglitter...

I don't know how high that goes but when your hero attunes the Geo element (not story locked, just need to make your way to the geo shrine SW of Springvale/Dawn Winery) their E makes a giant rock that can be used as a platform. I just used that to reach a couple collectables.

Speaking of which, how is one supposed to get the collectable on top of the Winery without that? Didn't see any gust sprites around and it's the tallest thing in the area.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Is the pity timer per banner or total?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I run the launcher User Access Control needs my permission to let the app run. Does it actually need admin or is there something I can change in system preferences somewhere to fix this?

...change for the launcher, not reducing my system security. Plenty of games, including installers, run just fine without demanding Admin.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Its running a kernel level anticheat, so it needs admin

boooo. Is it at least one of the ones that's nice enough to go away when you're done?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

sandorius posted:

I tried switching between EN/JP/CN and made a terrible discovery: the English dub doesn't have a VA for Oz! It just skips the lines where he plays the straight man to Fischl in his smooth butler-like voice!

I think I'll stick with the JP dub, although CN Oz is also pretty good, and Fischl referring to herself as "本皇女“ made me laugh for some reason.

I noticed that too, and that's odd because Oz does have an English voice actor that you hear when Fischl dies.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

fadam posted:

How do I get through the wind wall blocking this area with a statue to the north west?

The one around the whole area is dispelled by story quest. There's one further in that never goes away and remains an obstacle to work around even after getting through it in the story. I just never teleport to the spots inside that one because while you CAN get past it it's nearly invisible and half the time I think I'm fine I fall to my death.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Thanks for sharing about the secret island, that was an interesting puzzle. After doing the second part back on the mainland is there any more? The guy's pondering how to get out there but I can't give him a useful solution.

IMO challenges need a "heads up, this guy's immune to X" warning. I tried to take the wolf on with two wind users in my party.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I just did the Chi quest without a guide and holy cow I'm not sure anything can top that.

What are Stone of Rememberence (the orb you get from leveling up the shrines) used for? The item description just says "unlocks a seal".

I've seen a few sigils on the ground of a scale. I stand on them they fill up halfway and do nothing. My next guess is Geo MC's rock but is there something else I'm missing?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Reading the banner info I don't think it's a flat boosted rate. If you pull a 4 or 5-star it's a 50% chance to be the featured unit, and if not the next pull (of the same rarity) is guaranteed to be from the featured units, but after that it didn't say if it went to flat or cycles again or what.
edit:

quote:

5-Star Items
For Event Wish "Ballad in Goblets": Base probability of winning 5-star character = 0.600%; consolidated probability (incl. guarantee) = 1.600%; guaranteed to win 5-star character at least once per 90 attempts.
The first time you win a 5-star item in this event wish, there is a 50% chance it will be the promotional character "Windborne Bard" Venti (Anemo). If the first 5-star character you win in this event wish is not the promotional character, then the next 5-star character you win is guaranteed to be the promotional character.
4-Star Items
For Event Wish "Ballad in Goblets": Base probability of winning 4-star item = 5.100%; consolidated probability (incl. guarantee) = 13.000%; guaranteed to win 4-star or above item at least once per 10 attempts.
The first time you win a 4-star item in this event wish, there is a 50% chance it will be one of the featured characters "Shining Idol" Barbara (Hydro), "Prinzessin der Verurteilung!" Fischl (Electro), and "Exquisite Delicacy" Xiangling (Pyro). If the first 4-star item you win in this event wish is not one of the featured characters, then the next 4-star item you win is guaranteed to be a featured character.
Hmm, it also lists them as a boosted rate just above that, so I think they do stay boosted it's just a gimmie on the second pull if luck gave an off-banner the first time.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 3, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I was a bit miffed when I pulled Jeanne because my party was already pretty solid and I couldn't see a spot for her. I was wrong. Her E's great damage and punt on a short cooldown so it doesn't matter that her Q's a bit weird and support-y (party heal, some AoE damage, and damage enemies that cross the zone boundary which her E can force easily). I thought a hybrid healer wouldn't be useful since I had Barbara but her damage is strong enough that the heals on the side just keep everyone topped off without feeling the lack of a primary healer.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Do the souvenir shops ever restock weapon upgrade mats?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Okay but those numbers are for spamming uncharged left-clicks with a bow which... why would you want to do that ever

For comparison Jean is 48/45/60/65/79 and the MC (Geo if that matters, I assume not) is 44/43/53/58/70 at level 1 base attack so it seems pretty comparable, similar attack speed too. May as well ask why you would ever swing a sword; it makes sense if you don't completely load all the stats onto el;emental mastery ignoring attack.

Interestingly (because this is yet another rabbit hole to go down and the first time I've thought to compare these) Kaeya runs about 10% higher on his multipliers than Jean (as in 88 instead of 79 and 53 instead of 48) so that'd another thing to look at when comparing units in addition to base stats.

E: also, just getting those numbers off my Pixel 1 sucked 10% of the battery. Definitely just installed this on mobile to use my survey money.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

inthesto posted:

I've finished nearly all the story content in the game so far, and the only puzzle requiring a character was one that needed Amber. It was annoying. Otherwise, as long as you bring the recommended elements into a dungeon, you'll be fine (though some of them will take annoyingly long to solve).

Don't forget that Stormterror's runback is also a once-per-week reward!

Does anyone know if shrines respawn? I've got a few keys and I swear I found one or two that I had opened in the past that could be opened again. But there's so much tiny poo poo in this game to track, I could just be forgetting.

I wish dungeons differentiated between "these elements could be useful" and "there's a required switch for this element".

Shrines do not respawn, it's just easy to get them mixed up. There are exactly as many keys as shrines.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I finished the level 29 quests and the quest log's just empty now. Does the main story not continue yet? Feels odd to end in the middle of a zone's plot.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

nessin posted:

You should have a tab on the bottom left of your journal for swapping to story quests. You do commissions to earn a key which opens up the next quest which should be AR32.

Oh, I didn't realize those were main story quests. I thought they were character sub-stories.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

inthesto posted:

And anemo is kind of great in general, because swirl is strong as hell.
Except against slimes because you spread their immune element.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

So many times just running along, then I step in a puddle and drown...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bland posted:

[Liyue Spoilers]So does the story just abruptly end after Chapter I: Act II or am I missing something? Seems like a weird place to leave things. It also makes me doubtful that the next patch will feature a new region when the current region isn't even finished yet

Seems that way, yeah. Just when things started getting good, too.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Squiddycat posted:

Paimon is cute as heck

Adorable little emergency food supply.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

nessin posted:

I've got an extra shrine of the depths key but I've opened all the Mondstat shrines, at least those that are on the interactive map. Is there a use for a key besides the shrines?

Also what's the strategy for beating Stormterror if you don't have Venti? Or is the fight different after you beat him in the story? I can't imagine how to do it without the bow wind attack.

You can climb the dragon's neck and hit the shard directly.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Framboise posted:

I get that Xiangling is an A-tier DPS, but she still seems to struggle compared to Venti's output. Am I playing her wrong?

I'm not sure, nothing she does feels like much oomph but then stuff's dead even when I'm not comboing her with the Princessen.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, I found that out out of desperation my first time doing the refight when I only brought one archer and she took a bad hit.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

When you play as the female MC is the perfume girl still thirsty as heck?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

No Wave posted:

If you mean Lisa, yes. Idk maybe you mean someone else.

Later on you meet a woman who makes Lisa look frigid.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Got my first legendary off Stormtalon this week and that's pretty sweet. Now I need to figure out how to get more Gladiator.
Edit: maxxed

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 7, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

YES bread posted:

wild, running around town with Morax while he plans his own funeral and wastes all the Fatui's money was hilarious to me

I didn't catch that until later when I started reading books. Definitely changes the tone of the character, like when I realized where Fischel's title comes from.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Spotted looking ENE from Wuwang Hill. Disappears if I leave the area so I can't get a better look from other peaks. Is that the structure in the opening cutscene?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I got a random quest titled "squishy, not yet edible". Is Xiangling assigning these?

Creepily, it was to kill some bokoblins :gonk:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

My travel became a lot more stylish when I learned the plunge attack takes no fall damage from any height.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Are all the chests with glowing symbols around them unlocked by doing some task? I've gotten some by killing mobs that pop up, but a couple others I couldn't figure out. Is there a puzzle or something?

Some task, yes. Many are killing nearby enemies. Some are torches, pressure plates or other environmental features. Some are big involved setpieces where the glowing treasure is used to draw your attention to a nearby riddle. Look around.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Which books give the game away out of curiosity, in both cases?

In both cases there's some extrapolation, but Rex Incognito for Zhongli, and Legend of the Shattered Halberd (VI) for Fischl. Though that one's gone after doing the quest involving it, not sure if part 2 or 3 has her as well, I have 1/4/5.

E: found and read the other two books. VI calls it out explicitly but there's still clues there.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 8, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

As far as plunge fall damage, dropping from the highest point in Liyue to the plateau below did 4000 hp of damage. Dropping to the valley floor (7 seconds of high-speed falling) did 4000 hp. Looks like there's a cap on plunge damage.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

No Wave posted:

Fishl's whole personality gimmick is she's making all that up (like the poster above me said, Chuunibyou). Her crow is just humoring her. Story Event 1 implies that the princessen stuff is made up.

Story event?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Roach Warehouse posted:

I dunno if there’s any hidden lore that makes this explicit or contradicts it, but my theory is that Diluc is the absent grandmaster of the knights.

Jean addressed him as a superior at one point in the story, so it's possible.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

Takes me back to the days of Age of Wushu censoring "hor", everyone talking about riding their ***ses.

FFXI had a similar censor which led to "Space is coming up as ****e. Do I want to google what a spac is?"

Does Genshin censor everyone's account names on login? Mine says "Welcome B*****ki"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

50 to 60 is "where did my money go"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Radical posted:

the devs confirmed this is in the 1.1 patch

Did they, or was that the Leak of Mystery?

https://genshin-impact-map.appsample.com/#/ for anyone hunting them down, still takes some time but it's better than trying to hop around a video guide. And you can log in to make your own checklist of ones you've found. For anemos pretty much every one there has someone saying "this was my last one" but I'll shout out 304 (inside the pillar, need to glide in a hole above), 327 (just not near anything else and away from the road so it's easy to walk around it thinking you checked that area) and 362 (right next to the zone boundary and halfway up the cliff so it won't show from the top or the bottom) as ones I found tricky.