Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Infinity Gaia posted:

If you don't keep that roll I'm coming to your house, beating you up, and stealing it. You can make the current optimal DPS comp with it so long as you get Venti, and he's the featured character so your odds aren't bad.

You know this could actually be a nice little service to the thread, distribute unused but ok rolls to whoever wants them and doesn't like rerolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
So if you don't go overboard with this game and instead just noodle around, easily distracted by chests just over yonder hill and whatnot, you can easily hit AR 24 and not even have significantly started Liyue yet. Source: this happened to me. The main quest is now unsubtly prodding me there, but to me it's just so much fun climbing and gliding at my own pace in a gorgeous world. The little sidequests have been fun as well, the cookoff was grand for example.

This is way more fun than breath of the wild to me, I prefer this combat system and I'll gladly give up some physics and food fuckery to get cool character variety and no breaking weapons.

Most of the gacha stuff seems targeted at people who want to see number go up. If you're more like me and want to just chill and explore and get distracted by shiny sparkles and simple puzzles the game is extremely generous so far. It is entirely possible I'll hit a wall at some point but it's looking more like they've just given me a whole cool and good game for free. Amazing.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Avynte posted:

if you're looking for the dark souls of waifu collection gacha games, this isn't it

If there's anything closer don't hold out on us man

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All this talk of Herrschers is triggering one of my stupid peeves with the game, namely the way Fischl absolutely butchers the German pronunciations. I get that it's probably intentional since she 'learn English from a book' but goddamn.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Inverse posted:

AoE taunt and makes your guys do gorillans of damage with her ult. A very solid hero.

How much is a gorillan damage in base 10?

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

How many prototypes have wolf/stormterror given you guys? I've done them 4 times and gotten 0. I want to know if that's a lowroll or they're just ultra rare and I shouldnt bother with either boss until they're dropping talent upgrade materials.

I've gotten 1 total.

Also, I'm already halfway through AR36 without spending a dime and not playing super much. There's just so much to do and find, and everything gives a bit of exp.

Stuck at 129 geocules though, with everything marked on the web map. I must have accidentally marked some stuff as found :smith:

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy moly Venti's story quest ends strong.

Overall this game really has shockingly good writing for how it looks and acts at first glance. I'm also really digging the lore on items as discussed in the past couple of pages, it's taking a page from the Souls games' book there and doing well.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

I somehow managed to bumblefuck my way through most of 34 before it started to feel slow to me, honestly and I'm still stumbling over new world quests. I don't know what I did differently, but maybe I just have a higher tolerance for tedium. I did love hunting down every anemo and geoculus.

I think this is absolutely key, just enjoying wandering about without too much goal-directness, allowing you to stumble into all the little world quests, combat trials and whatnot. I'm AR 38 and have only just finished the story quests. I've found every anemocule but am missing one geocule :rip:

Now I'm just going from place to place finding chests, floating around and fighting whatever for mats. It's incredibly soothing.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thanks a lot Archonex for those effortposts, fascinating stuff.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

4.) Farm crystal ore every three days

What for?

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

UHD posted:

weapon enhance crystals i think

Oh, that's like the one single thing I have more of than I need. Books, mora, artifacts, mats not so much

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Crystals are also used for the crafted 4* weapons, if you want to work on refining one of those.

Man, I'd love to get a catalyst drop but no dice. Oh well, game's still fun.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Kaeya’s JP VA also did the voice work for enigmatic gale in thunderbolt fantasy, which makes me like him a lot more.

His slow clap fetish is alternatingly enraging and endearing. He reminds me of Spender from Paranatural.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SpazmasterX posted:

Man where are you guys finding all this lore at

But seriously, a lot of it is kind of oblique, hidden in conversations. The biggest thing is the mutating tree with the Great Old One worshipper. Also both stone forests are stated to be remains of lances used by the geo archon in I believe one of the books you collect. Those are recommended reading anywa, the writing in this game is above average.

The storyteller in Liyue Harbour is also a fun listen.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
News post with details is up - things like the temporary porta-waypoint look super sweet.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Heyyyyy finally got my first prototype drop, now to decide whether I want a second aminus or to bump my existing one further. I don't really have a second claymore wielder ready to go so I'm thinking refine it is.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

I think refining does almost nothing for you. You'd be better off just holding it for now imo. It's impossible to get 4* weapons of a specific type on demand any other way.

Yeah, thanks, you're probably right. It's not like the Crescent Spear where it adds a significant amount, 300 to 360% isn't that significant every 15s, and this took long enough.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Paimon chat, the ceiling of the Golden Room had this shape in the skylight. I wonder if it's significant given the attention to detail in these games.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dogsicle posted:

it's probably just related to Morax in some way, since it's roughly the same symbol that is printed on mora.

Yeah, and Paimon has a dot in the middle. Still, I thought it was a striking resemblance. I hadn't seen it's also the mora symbol. I wonder if it's something more generally divine instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

inthesto posted:

The thing that bothers me about Qiqi is that she so badly wants to drink coconut milk but I'm not sure that's something anyone should be drinking straight.

Juice fresh from the nut is amazing. Recommended.