Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I lucked out and drew a 5* Mona without any rerolls :toot: Ive already gathered that she can run on water, but is she any good besides? I haven't settled on a character to focus on yet, but she seems like the obvious one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Why is earth at bottom? Ive been using niang(mumblemumble) on my team for a little bit and she seems pretty okay at least.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Ah okay. Im still to early to know whats really useful. I guess ill do mona, lisa, ice guy, and either amber or bennet for now. Im leaning amber since I have a constellation for her.

Edit: ooo looking ahead ill probably use xiangling instead for fire. I have a 5* spear sitting around unused

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 5, 2020

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

AweStriker posted:

I am having a problem with the sneaking mission. Is there like, a good route to take?

I dont think it actually tells you in mission, but you can crouch during that segment. I forget the button, I dont think you can crouch normally

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

I pulled Mona as my first 5* and her sprint seems like it's the fastest out of everyone. She also sprints like a Splatoon, which I find amusing.

Game is pretty.

Mona rocks, she was my first (only) 5* too. She seems to be the exception to the general rule that short girls aren't as good at exploration, especially since you can also use her sprint to run on water without losing speed.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I didn't understand that you could get two 10-pulls out of the beginner banner so I just kind of happened to get lucky with Mona before. A friend of mine pointed out that I hadn't done my second set of beginner banner pulls so I saved up the last couple days and ended up netting Jean off of it. :shepface:

I was already planning on using Xiangling (since I have a 5* spear and nobody to use it yet) and Barbara for the double water synergy and heals. But now that I have Jean, I'm not sure that'll be the right way to go. I feel like that might be going too hard on heals, and I still don't really have a good greatsword on that team.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Tabletops posted:

Xiangling (once you get her) Mona bennet and barbara or jean would wreck.

Thanks, I hadn't really thought of using bennet yet. Ive still got a bit to go before I get Xiangling so maybe I'll try him out for a bit

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I hear Mona is also very good. She has the big hydro caster advantage of her attacks basically being 100% accuracy because she spawns blasts on the target instead of throwing projectiles. Barbara also has this quirk but Mona has an actually usable base attack value since she's designed as a damage dealer.

I've had no trouble at all breezing through most encounters with Mona on her own. Her big splashy normals, r2, and her sprint make it easy to just kind of hit everything while dodging around. Her ultimate is great too it applies omens that pop and do extra damage on anything effected. It's also apparently not as strong as it's supposed to be, since they're buffing her ult tomorrow.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

You wanna do two 10-rolls on both the beginner 8-cost and two of the Venti banner at AR7. Beginnger has guaranteed characters, but the rate up characters on the Venti banner are all really really good

I just wanna reinforce this since it keeps coming up, but you can definitely get a 5* from the beginner banner. I first got Mona on the basic banner, then I went back, saved, and did a second 10 pull on the beginner banner around ar 15 that gave me Jean.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
If it's Skyward Spine, it boosts crit rate by 8% and increases normal attack speed by 12%. Also normal and charge attacks have a 50% chance to trigger a vacuum effect that deals 40% ATK as a small aoe. That last effect resets every 2 seconds. I only just got to 20 so I guess I'll get Xianling and try it out tomorrow but it seems pretty busted.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I don't know about the battle pass, but so far the only paid thing that seems even somewhat reasonable is the Welkin Moon thing. It doesn't even give you a whole roll per day, but it's $5 for a month it'll round out the gems you get from doing your commissions and put you over the line for one roll a day. :shrug:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

The daily quest where Emma Musk (lol) communicates with the hilichurl is pretty disturbing because it implies the hilichurls are not actually LotR orcs (yet people still "mow the lawn" of them regularly).

This quest didnt go as expected for me, they agrod at the exact moment I talked to the hillichurl, so they beat up on mona while i watched emma chat with it. Then I had to kill em all and she still talked about building understanding with the hillichurls or something lol

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I've been playing pretty consistently, but some days all I do is my commissions and mess around jumping off of cliffs and opening chests. I only just got to Liyue yesterday because I kept finding reasons to stay in Monstadt. I can definitely see how it would be appealing as a mobile game, provided it loads quickly enough.

Speaking of, not seaking specific advice on phones, but can anybody attest to how it plays on mobile? I cracked the screen on my Galaxy A50 and the terrible insurance I have for it asks for a $200 copay... which isn't much less than the pay off. So now I'm kind of looking around at better phones and wondering if 'good enough to play genshin impact' is something I should even factor in to my decision. I can manage virtual buttons, but not all games are created equal.

edit: looking at a few videos it seems like the combat's not too bad provided you aren't doing something like abyss

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 16, 2020

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

I play on mobile and sometimes when the action is a bit fast, the camera can get a bit wonky. I’ve also accidentally pressed jump when I wanted to swing my weapon because all the buttons are close together but other than that, I don’t think that there is an issue with mobile playing.

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

I’ve only played on mobile so far, and once you get used to the controls it’s fine. My biggest issue is quickly swapping characters and hitting the wrong person mid combat, which kinda sucks.

Cool, so what I'm getting is that it's good enough to have fun with. That's about all I'm looking for since you're obviously better off playing on PC/PS4 if it's an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Klee seems really funny if you have Jean you can suck up her mines and then shotgun them at enemies.

:stare:...I want Klee now. I drew Jean on the Venti banner but that was long enough ago now that I can't see it in my history, so it's even reasonable to hope to get her on pity.