Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
My first 10 beginner roll gave me Jean, so I felt obliged to play this game. I played mostly with the F2P characters, Jean and Noelle until I hit AR10 then splurged on the gacha.

I got Razor, Fichel, Chongyun, and Mona. I also got a 5* sword. Gacha did me good I say. What is really good about this game is that you feel like you're wrecking poo poo when you have a good party comp. I use Razor, Fichel, Chongyun, and Jean. Razor is a solid DPSer, Fichel is good range support that gives elements to my DPS. Chongyun give element combos and Jean can burst/full heal. Before I thought enemies were huge damage sponges, but once you exploit combos things melt fast.

My major complaint is what others said: you need multiple party setups and hotkeys. There are times I want Mona for exploration (she has the fastest movement speed in water) or Amber for fire related things. Another things is that the game's controls are a bit clunky, but that's maybe the hundreds of hours playing Breath of the Wild and its smooth physic engine and movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

I have Razor at C4. You get your support to apply their elemental skills, switch back to Razor, and channel your inner Dark Souls and R1 everything to death. He's real easy to fill up his elemental burst which lets your spam even stronger R1s. I kind of wish there was a budget light sword electro user. I don't know why Beidou and Razor both had to be claymore wielders.

I think every character has potential except Amber. Bow users are lacking in good basic attack damage and are all about their elemental abilties, and Amber's sadly sucks.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

My last five 5* artifacts have all rolled HP%. Looks like I'm a Barbara main now.

The artifact grind at AR40 is absolute brutal. Not only do you need to roll Atk% on your main stat, you need to get at least good sub stats like crit or attack and have those upgrade when you level up the item. It's RNG stacked on RNG stacked on RNG.

I did some testing with defense by making a 1400 defense Noelle and I found out that the defense stat is useless. You still get pounded on by higher level enemies. Having 600 more defense than usual means you take one less hit, when you can get stunlocked into 5 or 6 hits. Shields, however, are very good.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Using an already-enhanced artifact as fuel to enhance another artifact preserves something like 90% of the xp from the first one. So you should absolutely max out your "it has the right mainstat but all the substats are garbo" artifacts for now, and then if/when you get a better-rolled one, simply feed the mediocre artifact to the good artifact and it'll be nearly maxed out for free.

That would involve getting a 4* or 5* artifact that has atk% or crit%, which I have ZERO of. At AR40. I still rock 3* artifacts. My attack stat is carried mostly by 5* feathers. My strongest character is Keqing at level 80 with 1700 attack, 30% crit and 105% crit damage. With actual good artifacts, you can almost double the crit and crit damage and up attack by 50%. They're that important.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

No amount of money can save you from the worst powergate in the game: Artifact RNG. The difference between optimal artifacts and not are literally double attack and DPS. When I hit AR40, I wasn't really strong enough to handle mobs in the world due to a huge increase in HP. So I have to hit artifact domains and have to pray I get good artifacts with Atk%, Crit% or Crit damage.

Every single 4* and above artifact I got after 200 resin was HP HP HP DEF DEF DEF. I have to use co-op AR40 domains because I'm too weak to clear it. My talents, character levels, and weapons are good but Artifacts are 70% of your stats and HP/Defense is garbage when everything kills you in a few hits anyways.