Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This game rocks. I’m new to mobile stuff so I didn’t know about rerolling but I’m happy with my squad (lightning archer, fire spear, main character, Barbara) and I haven’t encountered anything too time gatey yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How’s this doing over seas? I’ve always heard that these Gacha games in Japan and China are like the biggest games in the world in terms of players and revenue but I never hear anything about them.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

poggers

Is it worth running two wind guys on a team? I want to use these gucci 5-stars I ripped but idk what makes a good team comp. I was thinking Fish/Jean/Venti/Fire Spear lady

fadam fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Oct 1, 2020

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Framboise posted:

Yeah that's something the game doesn't seem to tell you. Huh.

Also dang the game's making me really feel bad for not having Venti. I did the little trial thing you can do with him under Events and his elemental skill is Revali's Gale from Breath of the Wild (aka pretty much the most useful skill in the entire loving game).

I wonder if he'll ever be available for Starglitter...

I don't know what the Q and E abilities are called, but his Q is insane and feels kind of broken. Every encounter I have it is completely free: you just drop that and a lightning bird and go to town.

The only character I have that I think is lovely is the lady in the beginner wish that has the shield. Maybe having a defensive option is stronger later on, though.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

SilverMike posted:

Defensive/healing option is crucial for the Abyss, where you don't get access to items mid-battle and will be pushing your luck against higher level foes.

Sure, but does it make more sense to spend a slot on a shield that falls off fairly easily, or a character who can heal the entire team every few seconds. As far as supports go, I just think he felt a lot worse than Barbara or Jean.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Is some talking poo poo about Noelle, the only character I've found who can actually break stone pillars quick enough to not make the earth cube boss a gigantic pain in the arse?

I think that’s just a big sword thing, right? The Ice guy breaks those fast too I found.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Hy_C posted:

a better translation someone did of those leaked notes

lol at having to be 18 years old to disable hiding characters while climbing

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there another way to get constellations or is it basically going to be impossible to max out the time limited guys if you don't do it while their wish is active?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Man, all I want from this game is a summoner-type character. I'm gonna be dissapointed, huh?

Idk probably not if you wait long enough.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is the beginner gacha better value than the venti gacha if you already have venti and fish?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How do I get through the wind wall blocking this area with a statue to the north west?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Blorknorg posted:

If you mean the circular area that's directly west of the city island it's locked by the main story quest.

Edit: Guess it's a bit more northwest but I assume this is what you meant:

Cheers

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

Amber's passive is really good for long distance gliding in general and I feel the OP was selling it short in the tier list. Having as much stamina as possible is vital when mountain climbing in Liyue and just a little can mean all the difference when flying between mountains to land on the side of a cliff.

I think the tier list doesn’t take that stuff into account because it’s not measurable. Like Diluc and Venti will increase your combat efficacy so you can clear stuff faster for more rewards so that’s measurable, but stuff like the rock lady seeing rocks on the map and Amber helping you glide better isn’t as easy to quantify.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

If I’m hunting for Diluc does it make more sense to rip the standard banner or the Venti banner?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Man, getting two crews to fighting g firm is going to take forever. I’m completely out of XP books leveling four of my guys to 40.

fadam fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 3, 2020

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Drop bird with fish. Drop raccoon with spear fire lady. Use Jean to spike everyone while they’re overloaded and go to town.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Amppelix posted:

ok but then why do people keep saying her damage is insane

Because it is. The bird attacks once per second and persists during switches so it basically has nearly full uptime, and all of the lightning combos do a shitload too.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Memnaelar posted:

What are we talking about here? Is there a Barbara event that I'm somehow not seeing?

She’s a reward for getting to AR 20 I think.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Tabletops posted:

Protip: if you are on PC you can press alt+character number and they'll execute their ultimate right when they pop out. it's very useful.

idk if there is something like that on controllers.

I wish there was something like this for the normal ability.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Tae posted:

I just want to point out the current "endgame" is completely beatable with the free units. This is despite the fact that there's 7 characters, and the last few Abyss floors go up to 8.

Gear is way more important than characters, always has been.

Ya, I think the secret to having fun with this game without going insane is to just make do with what the game gives you instead of rerolling a billion times hunting for the best team. You end up getting a buttload of pulls for free just by leveling and playing the game.

Off topic: how does getting energy for ults work? Someone mentioned something about having two users with the same element cranking ult speed, but I don't know how it works lol. I'm running Venti and Jean in overworld just so I can run faster but I'd love to be able to ult more often with Venti.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ougher posted:

I guess that would depend on what questions you might have. A lot of it is stuff he gets asked all the time in his streams, like "how do you level fast" or "how do I get better damage"

I haven't watched all of them, but his advice on gearing is what I followed (get attack%) and I haven't been struggling with my dps. Hes got guides on element combos, the crafted weapons options, where to spend your resin, stuff like that.

What is the right answer to this?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Roach Warehouse posted:

What’s a good number of characters to focus on leveling? I like the variety of switching between a few different party lineups but don’t want to spread my resources too thin.

Eventually you’ll need at least 8, but focus on 4 for now.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Speaking of team comps, what two lineups would you guys make from this stable? Who would you run as damage dealers? I've been really unimpressed with Jean as a DPS.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ougher posted:

Jean, Fischl, Chongyun, Xiangling. You could also sub Jean for Venti but you might want some form of heals.

If your Jeans damage is unimpressive i'd take a look at your gear and get your attack% up. Everyone can do good damage with good gear on.

My ATK is +100 on Jean and I feel like she still does really unimpressive damage, but I might be expecting too much.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

After drinking around in the Abyss In terms of combat efficacy I think it’s definitely fire and lightning at the top, everything else in the mid and Earth at the bottom. I wouldn’t be surprised if freezing enemies becomes really important later on, though.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

No Wave posted:

Its elemental synergies are weak - most challenges in the game are structured around/give you more awards for killing things fast and Geo's only synergy is defensive.

Yeah, it's why I hate when games like this have rewards tied to time attack stuff. There's all sorts of cool effects and neat stuff you can do defensively, but right now the optimum play is to just blender everything as fast as you can, and right now that means lots of overlapping fire/lightning/wind effects.

I hope later Abyss floors test your endurance more than your clear time. That would do a lot to flatten the power level of all the characters I think.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

drat, I cannot get the 3 star challenge in the 3rd floor of abyss tower with my current squad. I guess I have to level my guys up some more.

fadam fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 5, 2020

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Tae posted:

Don't forget Gear. The stats you gain from levels isn't much outside of Ascension bonuses.

Good point. I guess I have to start farming weapon ascension materials.

I'm going to have to start making a list of what I'm working on, there are a billion things to do in this game and I keep getting distracted lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ATK is only left click damage right? E and Q are elemental mastery?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

homeless snail posted:

IDK exactly how it works my understanding is elemental mastery mostly only effects reactions, and then both your normals and specials scale off ATK, unless they say otherwise like how Barbara's heals scale off max HP. Then there's also gear that specifically says "normal attack damage+" or "pyro damage+" or whatever

oh what the gently caress lol, so basically almost everyone wants ATK?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The game incentivizes you to kill poo poo as fast as you can, and right now it sure feels like ATK is the best way to do that.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Which two fire guys are people running? Diluc and Xiang?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Any high level streamers you guys would recommend? I'd love to see someone high level blast through the Abyss.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Jean feels like a better version of the Wind MC. Her ultimate is a big group heal that leaves a wind zone and her E is a force push. She gets constellations that make her lmb heal and she has a launcher on her charge attack.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

lol running a double fire team (even using the virgin Bennet instead of the chad Diluc) is night and day in terms of clearing Abyss stuff quickly. I suspect they're going to have to adjust these elemental bonuses.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Jean is kind of boring but very strong.

I just pulled QiQi, is she any good?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I already have too many drat healers!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Other than Venti my 5 stars are Jean and now QiQi. Please game, just a scrap of damage dealing.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think I just had a major aha moment but I'm not quite there.

I was able to use Venti's ult 3 times in less than 2 minutes (doing Abyss 3-2 to get the full challenge). My team was Fish, Venti, Jean, Razor. What was causing me to generate Ult charge so fast? It completely trivialized the speed challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Having two characters with the same element will help. Jean and Venti are both gonna generate more wind orbs and in turn those generate more burst meter for them than the other standby characters of other elements get.

No Wave posted:

I'm not sure - double electric generates extra energy orbs but only if you combo lightning with water, fire, or frost. Is Venti carrying a Favonious Bow? Or were you catching more enemies in his E, which causes ult to generate?

It must be a combination of both of these. I'm doing it again in the next Abyss level and it is absurd.