Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

So I've rolled Razor, Venti, and Fish on my account. Which seems great but feels like it massively limits my team composition. Razor reduces stamina consumption while sprinting, venti's elemental gives you a super jump and passively reduces flight stamina reduction, and two anemo characters gives another stamina reduction bonus. Now I feel super slow if I try and traverse the overworld without Razor, Venti, and Anemo Twin. And it just seems stupid to not be using Fish, too. Just investing in leveling these three (not anemo twin) is safe, right?

Also I have a question about ele reaction damage. When I hit a swirl with Venti is the damage affected by his stats, the character who applied the original elemental effect's stats, or both? I'd like to not worry about Venti's stats and just use him as a ele effect bot if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Is giving away accounts against the rules? I'm loving addicted to this poo poo game and I'm using some of my resin waiting downtime to hard reroll fort a kecqing on my second account and I figure I might as well hand out my failed but still somewhat valuable accounts to others who want them.

buglord posted:

I guess what i mean to say is, how much of the game's appeal is centered around paying money at some point to get a dice roll for an item, and can the game still be enjoyed without the ability to do that as much (because im assuming the game does give you some naturally over time).

Depends on how much of a broke-brain you are. Enjoying the currently available story content (which is, imo, genuinely enjoyable) and exploring the well crafted open world is entirely doable with exclusively the free characters given out by the game at the beginning. If you want to see big numbers and progress in the Spiral Abyss (the currently available "end-game" challenge dungeon) you will really want to spend real world cash. If you are like me and have an unscratchable itch for collecting cute and cool anime characters you will have a constant, uncomfortable urge to bust out the wallet for another pitifully small chance at getting someone new. For what it's worth, the game does not go out of its way to encourage spending like some other gacha games I've seen in the past. No log-in advertisements or flashing buttons telling you to SPEND NOW or anything like that.

slouch fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 12, 2020

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Booyah- posted:

Should I expect to get a five star character in the 40 or so pulls the game gives you for free, or are the rates not that great?

It's doable. In the 6 rerolls I've done for the game so far I've personally pulled about four 5* characters but that's pretty lucky. If not having a five star will make you sad and you KNOW you will be playing this game a lot I will go against traditional advice and highly recommend rerolling for one you at least kinda like. A little bit of painful grind at the beginning is worth about 100 dollars worth of primogems and the peace of mind. Alternatively just roll until you hit one of the particularly valuable 4* characters (Razor, Fischl, Xiangling) and enjoy the game from there.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

I've only just started (just did the intro stuff, got my adventurer book and all, I assume that means I'm at the 'real game' now?) but jesus I'm genuinely impressed by this game. I love gatcha poo poo and breath of the wild so I'm shocked it took me this long to get in but I'm surprised how unobtrusive the pay poo poo is. Like, yea there's a lot of cute looking characters I'd like but the core 4 freebies seem neat, and so far this game gave me enough funbux to get the beginner banner and the maid girl with the bigass sword from it, and a 10 pull from the normal banner where I got some...german assassin girl with a pet raven who uses a bow? Seems cool, I like how she plays more than the lightning mage at least.

What's the other currency used for, though? The ones that are star shaped that like every five seconds I get one or two just wandering around? I can't find where to dump that to satisfy my gambling addictions.

Primogems (the star shaped things) convert into every other currency. So you can roll with them or buy Resin (stamina in other gacha games) or whatever. If you want to roll just press the wish button even though the text is red and it will ask if you want to convert your primogems into fates (the balls that you use to do pulls) right there. 160 Primogems = 1 gacha pull.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Ugh, I can't decide between Prototype Rancour of Sacrificial sword for the Traveler.

The proc on Sacrificial (element skill CD refresh) doesn't seem to trigger all that much.

I don't recommend using up that many crystals on a sword for Traveler. Unless you just really enjoy their playstyle or are dedicated to actually using the main character they are some of the less useful characters for actual gameplay. You're better off saving them for the Crescent Pike for Xiangling.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

lol i kicked traveler out as soon as i got my first gs character

e: well to put it into context my first 5* was jean so yeah i was oversaturated on 1h swords

i actually kept anemo traveler in my party at level 10 for the whole main quest after rolling venti because 2 anemo characters in party gives you a movement speed boost and reduced stamina consumption. never needed a fourth character anyway while doing the story stuff and exploring at a low AR so it was worth.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Well I pulled Diluc a few days ago from a random free roll in the Venti banner and so far I've found him... unimpressive? I don't know if I'm doing something wrong exactly but I don't see the hype. It feels like Razor was consistently pulling similar numbers. Maybe it doesn't help that I both dislike the claymore playstyle and his general character design.

I know I shouldn't complain when I have three 5* units with minimal monetary investment (ventix2, mona, and diluc) but I'd trade them all for Keqing. She looks like the most fun to play with until Xiao comes out.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

No Wave posted:

Sucrose/Xingqiu are guaranteed value because of the crafting passives. We'll never get a banner as good as the last one, which literally had the three best characters in the game.

Klee's power level is entirely a question of her %s and I can't find that anywhere. I imagine she's quite strong, but her playstyle isnt what I enjoy about the game.

https://genshin.gg/characters/Klee

I don't find her playstyle very compelling and feel uncomfortable every time she stops sprinting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

No Wave posted:

Maintenance from 7 PM to 11 PM... I consider this an act of aggression.

We're getting 60 primogems per hour the servers are down so I've got my fingers crossed they go past the scheduled maintenance. By a couple of days.