Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I've been enjoying this game an insane amount and put wayyy too much time into it already. (About to hit AR31) I'm a bit confused on some stuff though. After I got to world level 3 I noticed stuff takes significantly longer to kill now (mostly elites) but, it's less that they have more hp and more that my attacks now deal lower damage numbers...Is there some sort of innate enemy defense stat that goes up with levels in correlation to yours? Like since the boss is 51 and X character is 50, i'm going to deal less damage innately regardless of equipment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

inthesto posted:

I hit AR30 last night, and if anything the enemies are easier than ever. I've taken on the water, fire, and lightning elites, and smoked them in record time. You probably just need to do some equipment management.

Hrm, maybe. What level are your artifacts? I dunno really whats a good level for those at this stage. I left them around 10-11 on my guys.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is the reddit even "Official" or just that enough people use it that it becomes the go to place? I don't go to it but I know that's how alot of game ones start.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Trying to get two parties leveled and geared for Abyss 6 is so brutal right now. Are there any budget comps to help clear it at this stage?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ah well, that makes me feel a bit better then.

I've been farming up the crimson witch set for Diluc but the game refuses to give me the feather or flower and I'm starting to get salty.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

We already know that we're going to all the other continents, and what order even. Those big regional updates are going to be what probably keeps it from getting stale after people get bored of grinding enemies in rooms for 'standard' events. Really comes down to how long they go between I guess. like 3-4 months a region? I dunno.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You don't lose a day if you forget to log in though I don't think...At least other gacha games I've played worked that way.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dang an entire month before the first event kind of stings.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Finally got the 4piece bonus for this set up and running and it is so absurd. Diluc can melt the ice flower boss on WL3 in like 15 seconds now.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Man how are people 35+ already without going ham on resin burning. I'm like 5000~/6300 into 33 and I've been playing very frequently. I'm a bit behind on oculus (level 8 geo and level 9 ameno) but even then that wouldn't close the gap that much.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I broke my pity on standard and got a 5 star catalyst out of it so I'm destined to get Klee, I can feel it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh dang I see how people went from 34 - > 35 so fast. Jean's story quest gives like 3k xp.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

There's an extra for each apparently, is what I've head at least.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there a worse character ascension item to farm than Violetgrass? It sucks!!!!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I played Honkai Impact for like a week and I didn't find the combat terribly compelling honestly.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Wow, the AR36 Venti quest got pretty emotional quickly.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Heh didn't snap a picture but during the Venti story quest Is that Diluc's ancestor cradling the boy's body? Wonder if that'll ever lead to anything..

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm not reading super deeply into the connections to HI3 since I wouldn't be surprised if it's more of a Cygames mobage situation where they just throw references and characters between their properties for brand purposes and not really a connecting narrative situation. Who knows though. We shall have to see.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

katkillad2 posted:

It's hard to imagine there's enough content to be in the mid/late AR30's. Did I miss a quest hub or something? I'm midway through AR28 and it looks like I've got 1 quest waiting for me at AR29. The only quest I haven't finished that I've found is the 9 statues quest for finding all of the Geos.

blue ! sidequests, chests upon chests upon chests, amongst other things.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Really not happy with this games implementation of the "all resource nodes available on sunday" system most mobage have. Just let me do the ones that show up normally in the week...Not this BS where youre lucky to get 1 of the one you want since its all piled together in a single node.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The loot from chests is honestly only good for fodder for the most part. I've seen almost no significant change in what I get from chests of all types from WL1 all the way to 4.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I finished the Prologue. Venti is a good and cool character and this new lore information revealed at the end of the Prologue is interesting.

Is the Battle Pass in this game worthwhile?

edit: I like how at the beginning of the Diluc character quest chain someone mentions "they must be wealthy, because someone without all their material needs met wouldn't have the time to seek out spiritual fulfillment."

Absolutely yes. It might look boring since it's mostly materials and money but you will start chewing through it so fast you'll be thankful you had the extra.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

fadam posted:

Ya I don’t know how to do the math, but ignoring the pity it’s like 0.6% chance for a five star, then it rolls on a table with like 10 5 stars on it I think. Hunting specifically for one of them is a good way to go crazy.

Two of the three five stars ive gotten off the standard banner have been weapons. It stings pretty bad even if the weapons are good.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I've heard some people say the chinese voice track is awful but I wouldn't be able to tell myself.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Booyah- posted:

I was just reading about how 10 pulls guarantee you a 4 star character, is that not the case?

Just to clarify - it's a guaranteed 4 star draw, not character. its going to be a 4 star weapon most of the time.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Anyone have any tips for floor 7? I cleared it but only managed 4 stars (1/2/1). That first stage alone is so annoying with the double healing guys out the gate. Feels very RNG if I can get them close enough to cleave down before they start healing eachother to full and burning tons of time.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Do the heroes that can be bought with starglitter rotate?

I cant image why the hell they'd have amber and razor there forever.

Also lol at buying amber

I assume they'll rotate but dunno. It was amber and razor in september's shop too but they might have kept it since the game had just came out. We'll find out next month I guess.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You should care about constellations though because some of them are absurd. a c6 Xiangling and Fischl is like night and day compared to c0.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

C6 will always be insane but that's pretty far fetched for a F2P account. Now, C2 Fishl, that's doable and a MASSIVE DPS boost

Oh, I agree. I should have been more clear, just that any number of constellations can sometimes depending on the character be crazy. Like Bennet C1.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Roach Warehouse posted:

Are those 5-star pity timer changes I heard about in yet? I just checked my history and I have 49 pulls on the standard banner.

Chances of those being real are pretty low honestly. I wouldn't count on it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

People pointing out that other gacha games rain stamina on you forget that they took months or years to get to that point and were just as dry at launch. I wouldn't be surprised if in two years you'll have 90+ resin stockpiled for doing stuff whenever.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Almost done... :shepface:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You get 10 levels from buying the upgraded battle pass, which I did for the resins mostly.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Gnostic hymn is a great value. The chorus probably isnt but it was just 11 bucks extra and resin Is hard to come by.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Klee is epic for the win.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Booyah- posted:

It seems like stardust might be better spent on adventurers experience rather than additional wishes given how limited the ways to get experience are, is that right? I'm just trying to figure this out before I start using experience items on the characters I think I want to keep long term

Even f2p you can buy out xp mora and the orbs pretty easily with alot to spare As long as you don't hoard your primagens

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah as someone who got 2 5 star weapons on standard trying to dodge a second venti.... It's just not worth it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Really hoping eventually some sort of artifact xp item gets added because once you burn through the giant stockpile you get through the course of the main story and exploration leveling more becomes extremely tight since you only get like 2-3 or whatever from a 40 resin boss.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kild posted:

Spend your resin on character ascension and weapon ascension stuff. If you're AR blocked from upgrading them further spend it on mora ley lines or talent books. Artifacts aren't really worth spending resin on until 35 or 40 when you'd have a decent chance at 5*s.

Oh I'm not spending resin on artifacts themselves, I just mean passive artifact gain since the 40 resin bosses drop 2-3 in addition to the materials you're actually killing them for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I get the appeal of Diluc. Using him in his story mission felt great

BUT

Mihoyo could change him at any time. There is no protecting your $5,000 """investment""" as they could toss a balance patch out and bring him in line with everyone else.

This doesn't happen.