Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Being drip-fed the download from their slow server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Left the download running while I went out for a couple hours to finish the last couple gigs, came back and it said some of the files couldn't be verified. Now it's starting all over from the beginning. :negative:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

queeb posted:

I did this and had it downloaded in like 3 mins.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/j1ilxv/direct_download_from_the_official_serverfaster/

he uses jdownloader but someone else links to XDM in one of the top comments. download and install it, take the url from the main post and copy it into XDM and it'll download at your max speed.

go to settings/network settings and set segments per download to 32, then just hit the + in lower left, add the link, away it goes. once done move it into the genshin impact folder and you're good.

Thanks! That's way faster.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

First impression: fun. Looks great even on low graphics, so my ten year old computer can run it just fine.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I wouldn't have known that about elements because I've been trying to build for elemental synergy.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Paimon is good

Paimon is food

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not consistent, I've seen title people with no item and random villager no 1 types with them.

The old "talk to everyone" adage is still true.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Fell through a hole in the wall while gliding and got underneath Mondstadt. The geometry is really weird down there, all kinds of spikes and holes they never bothered to clean up when they plopped the town on top.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Danann posted:

She decreases glider stamina consumption by 20%.

Amber's passive is really good for long distance gliding in general and I feel the OP was selling it short in the tier list. Having as much stamina as possible is vital when mountain climbing in Liyue and just a little can mean all the difference when flying between mountains to land on the side of a cliff.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

Is it weird that I actually get emotionally invested in some of these corny quests? The writing is rather charming.

That hide and seek quest...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

echofriendly posted:

its safe and has high dps

lmao

Get enough copies of the 3* bonus headshot gacha bow to max the bonus out. Does a ton of damage and fully charged weak point hits can stun.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

I cant get my PC to take a screenshot for the life of me but the “quest” to come up here was cool as gently caress.

Edit: Figured out alt shift S

Good luck mastering the recipe that was up there. I'm nearly done but I'm running out of crabs. Going to have to make a trip to the beach.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The battle pass is a serious joke compared to what I've seen in other games. A weapon at level 30, no cosmetics, no characters, just a bunch of leveling crap and the occasional pull token.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm starting to run out of exploration content. Hope they release the third region soon.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pierson posted:

The game may have heard you if the leaks about 1.1 and the first events are accurate:

https://twitter.com/Zeniiet/status/1313339254500597760

Oh nice. I already had one dupe of Fishy so I'll be getting the extra burst of support damage.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What artifact sets do people recommend, and full four piece or 2/2? I've been more concerned with rarity and stats and haven't given the bonuses too deep a look.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Sorry to ask about random questions but with the Fire Cook's quest for ingredients: There's a treasure chest near the peppers that she wants. Does anyone know how to open that chest since it's surrounded by a red ring?

Look around for anything out of the ordinary. If there's a sealed chest that isn't opened by clearing monsters there's probably some kind of targets you need to smack. Try turning your elemental sight thing on, interactables will be highlighted.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Diluc is Batman

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I really liked when Qiqi sent me on what was basically a snipe hunt in the AR29 mission.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We'll probably be getting the rest of the main quest down there when 1.1 comes out. Until then there's still a lot of content.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

lagidnam posted:

Did we have those codes already?

Yep but some people might have missed them, this thread moves pretty fast.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Be sure to reply with an "I like this game" type post to the raffle on the official forum. Prize is a free Welkin. https://forums.mihoyo.com/genshin/article/25332

Just don't read the comments, they're bad.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

CJ posted:

The chat filter in this game is awful. I can't decide if censoring "big chest" or "this is" to "th** **" is worse.

Takes me back to the days of Age of Wushu censoring "hor", everyone talking about riding their ***ses.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Is there a lock on button? I feel so lost without one on here.

I've noticed attacks will auto-aim at the nearest enemy if there's one in reach. It's actually kind of annoying when trying to aim directional AoEs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Heran Bago posted:

Unrelated, there is a neat and obvious hole in the water layer you can use to walk along the ocean floor to get to the north-east island that's not on the map without using cryo. I would link to a video but they're insufferable.

Found one of those around the cliff north of the starting beach, it was neat.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

lagidnam posted:

The development roadmap is up on the official english site as well:

https://forums.mihoyo.com/genshin/article/38231

So I have to wait until Festivus to get that one flower Paimon won't let me grab.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

inthesto posted:

I used video guides for both amenoculi and geoculi. I had to split it up over four days and I was nearly losing my mind by the end.

On the plus side, you will bump into a lot of chests and puzzles along the way.

Did my anemoculi blind and felt like I accomplished something by doing it that way.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No Wave posted:

Pull the Venti banner if you want more Barbaras, Fischls, and Xianglings, otherwise wait until the next one - the rate up 4*s are of more interest to me than the 5* (because I need more expedition bodies).

They all have really good constellation bonuses so might as well keep pulling for Venti.

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Man, you were right about the money, you seem to have loads of it until all of a sudden you have none at all. Probably allegorical.

Yep, keeping characters and gear leveled really costs a lot. Money was a huge issue when I started leveling everyone's artifacts. Now my problem is not enough trash artifacts to dump.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Realized I hadn't leveled most of my characters' weapons past 1* and it was having a noticeable effect at WL3.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Virtue posted:

WL1. So far I've been mostly using Traveler, Kaeya, Barbara, Lisa and rotating between them while waiting for things to come off cooldown. Worked alright until I tried to do Oceanid and some of the spawns were healing faster than I could damage them. I eventually got it down with liberal use of ice and tons of food but figured I was doing something wrong to struggle with it so much.

Oceanid is way harder than the other character ascension token bosses and you pretty much have to focus on freeze and burst damage to win.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

That said apparently you can get banned even for just swapping out the background image on the launcher.

Wow, good thing I didn’t bother to mess with it when I found out it was possible.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

:honk:ai

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think that like, almost every single videogame falls in to this trap at some point, where the game is full of enemies that are there for you to fight because it's a video game, but then they make a sidequest where one of the generic monsters is actually chill and that sort of calls into question all the killing you've done of them up until that point but the game seems totally unaware and never addresses that as a moral conundrum because they didn't actually mean to wade into that territory, they just thought having "a monster, but nice" would be funny as a one-time goof.

I guess what I'm saying is that the subtext might be bad but I generally don't care about a game's subtext unless it's actually trying to have some, which this game isn't. Like, the entire Monstadt part has a whole subplot of evil foreign diplomats

We’re up against a massive ludonarrative wall since all of them regard us as kill on sight outside that quest. Same issue with Childe wanting us to join the Fatui despite the Fatui goons shooting at us in the wilderness.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ultrachrist posted:

I’m AR 27 or so and my interest is starting to wear thin. It’s a compelling grind but I need something to grind for and the spiral abyss isn’t quite cutting it. No difficulty elsewhere.

I’m at like 79 pulls on the Venti banner so I’m at least in until I finally get a 5* hero.

The 29 quest is great but you’re probably going to want to slow down and just do your dailies and resin until 1.1 drops in a month.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Magus42 posted:

How much do enemies level up after the first ascension quest at AR25? It's nice having bosses like regisvines be easy and I don't want to push them up too far too fast :)

I've been paused here a sec building up my team and wondering how high I should get things before doing that quest.

They’ll still be pretty easy. Not too difficult at 30 either but enough that I’ve started to worry about what they’ll be like when I hit WR4

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Xian 1’s debuff makes subsequent pyro attacks hit a little harder, great for pairing with her energy attack or a fire dps like Deluc. Fischl’s second constellation adds a bonus burst of damage when her turret deploys and her third gives it bonus levels. I think Fischl’s final constellation lets the entire party benefit from her first’s bonus but I’ll probably never get to that one.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Framboise posted:

Just hit AR29.

Man... they really just cut off the primogems supply that quick, huh. What was once a land of plenty feels like a desert.

Enjoy your 60 gem IV drip from daily quests and the handful from chests you haven't cracked open yet.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

CJ posted:

Peter Moylneux.

I wonder if it's been long enough people forgot his games are bad and never live up to the hype again that he can monetize his ideas guy skills.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

You gave me some good advice on how to use my party in battles that I'm definitely going to use but what are you smoking here? Todd Howard???

The answer is obviously Toby Fox.

I feel Toby’s too indie for the argument, Undertale’s success notwithstanding. We’re talking people who’ve been household names at studios of moderate size or better whose names are branding. Will Wright, Sid Meyer, Chris Roberts (well, up until star citizen).

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Also lol at buying amber

You don’t want her to be less useless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

What's the other currency used for, though? The ones that are star shaped that like every five seconds I get one or two just wandering around? I can't find where to dump that to satisfy my gambling addictions.

You convert it into pull tokens in the shop or from the wish menu directly. It can also be used to buy battle pass levels directly but that’s a huge waste.