Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Elemental combo is important, like barbara and free ice sword steamroller content that can freeze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Phoix posted:

Is this part of a quest chain or did I miss how to get her somehow. I just finished the Stormterror stuff at AR20 and still don't have her

abyss dungeon, check events

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Just Chamber posted:

drat this games pretty drat good for f2p, though admittedly i've only just played like 15 minutes so far. Lol that it takes half an hour to reroll so I wont be doing that but does anyone have a tier list for the characters? It's always nice to know if I've pulled trash or not.

Also the UID's I'm putting in from this thread arent being found so I'm assuming it's per region? Am in EU.

edit: yes seems like it's region specific, here's mine though you'll have to be in Europe: 701647965.

Tiers don't matter, no one making the list knows how to play cause they're judging purely on dps.

Elemental combos matter more for damage purposes, it's best to start as soon as possible to get to Adventure Level 20 for the free Barbara, who's a great free healer/water unit that enables Freeze with the free ice guy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Honkai, Genshin creator's previous game, didn't lock you out of PVE and still doesn't.

Most of what you spend on Honkai is pvp stuff to show your e-penis. Locking story content behind paywalls isn't really a thing in modern gacha.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They're basically draws and assuming the pity update is true, its better to save them to guarantee a 5 star.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

katkillad2 posted:

gameplay: Great
voice acting: Great
soundtrack and tunes: Great

What is not great is I'm just starting the game, but now people are suggesting not doing any rolls until a future unknown patch? :smith:

Roll twice on the Noelle banner because it's discounted

I mean if you're maximum saving for future husbando or something, sure save. I would say 70% of the game is exploring and climbing, combat is a minor factor until you exhausted everything else.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bruceski posted:

boooo. Is it at least one of the ones that's nice enough to go away when you're done?

That was the latest update, yes. But remember to fully close the game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm 75% through a pity, so believe me that you really don't need a 5 star. Gear and elemental combos is the far bigger impact.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

PatentPending posted:

So beyond the AR7 initial 4 10-pulls, is it just a question of ranking up to get... whatever crystals, to buy fates to pull? Is there anything specific that I should be doing immediately for more pulls now that I’ve done those first 4?

After getting adventure rank 12, you unlock daily commissions which lets you do 4 various mini-quests for 60 primo gems a day.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

It's 80, isn't it? 10 for each mini-quest plus an additional 40 for doing them all?

It's 20 for doing them all

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Commissions

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hot tip for floor 3 of Abyss if you're trying to get the free character.

Knock them off the stage. Regular sword attack's hold version does big knock back. Bait them with Amber's taunt doll.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Jean will also do great for you later in Abyss when you need two parties. Drawing a second healer seems pretty drat important for Abyss progression, I hope the leaked pink catgirl is a healer type like she looks and 4* so I actually have a chance in hell of getting a second healer lol.

Noel is your second healer after Barbara, assuming you spec Noel to be super buff.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

What's the deadline for the Xiangling event?

Currently none, Barbara has a deadline which is suspected to be a month left.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I just want to point out the current "endgame" is completely beatable with the free units. This is despite the fact that there's 7 characters, and the last few Abyss floors go up to 8.

Gear is way more important than characters, always has been.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The first 5 seconds talks about dimensional portals, we'll just go into portals for new event zones

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also as far as the talk on power creep, not every gacha does that. A ton of them do rebalances to update characters, some even upgrade 1st year characters to be way better than current ones, like FGO or Epic Seven.

Generally the bad gachas with power balances are Gumi games.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Jaroslav posted:

So i managed to get the following from my "free" pulls:

2x Razor
Amber (free)
Noelle
Kaeya (free)
Jean
Lisa (free)
Barbara
Xianling

Anyone have any ideas on what characters i should focus on and in what priority from the above? Feeling a bit lost here

Razor can be your main DPS, everything else can revolve around making his number bigger.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ougher posted:

I've seens some streams of later abyss floors, and they all have that timed star grade, with it requiring you to at least get 6 stars out of 9 to move to the next floor. I guess it's kinda your gear check.

It's mostly gear check. All of Abyss has been cleared with base free characters.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

fadam posted:

drat, I cannot get the 3 star challenge in the 3rd floor of abyss tower with my current squad. I guess I have to level my guys up some more.

Don't forget Gear. The stats you gain from levels isn't much outside of Ascension bonuses.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

katkillad2 posted:

Anyone have thoughts on Ningguang vs Noelle? Starting out I kind of don't like either of them, but I'm not doing any rerolling and seems like it's important to have at least one competent Geo companion.

Geo is kinda meh with the current crop of characters (including the MC).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Scoss posted:

It's pretty wild honestly that it took this long for a company with resources to explore making a gacha that is an actual AAA videogame, rather than a menu labyrinth featuring two-minute long bite sized missions with a victory screen at the end.

I hate to break it to you but Triple A gacha games have been around for nearly a decade. It's called Sports games.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Are you whale enough for your favorite non-rate up character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R918TCbGhE

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I rolled 50 pulls on Venti and have gotten only two copies of Xiangling, and THREE weapons. Don't say Fishl is "easy" to get.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I want people to consider this for running Amber: If you don't have an archer, a lot of the game's mechanics including some enemies *suck* without a bow user.

More importantly, Amber's taunt is really good and passively gives 25% attack boost to the entire party if there's another fire character (hint: free Xiangling) in the comp.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Scoss posted:

I wonder how the game will handle the friction between its exceptionally high production values and the need to have a constant stream of content for players.

Once you get to the high 20's AR and have mostly wrapped up Liyue, the game really kind of sputters out and devolves into burning your resin and doing 4 commissions a day. They need badly to put more activities in the world, but I don't know how they're going to do it fast enough to maintain the constant daily engagement that they demand from their users(as all gacha games do).

Most live service games with modern 3D assets (Destiny, Path of Exile, Warframe, etc.) work on more of a seasonal cadence where they fully expect their users to get bored and wander off periodically. I've heard the Genshin team is very big but I don't think they're going to miraculously solve this problem.

See ya in a year when you're begging them to stop with events, considering Honkai's history

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Floor 3 just cheese by knocking the enemies off the stage

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Claymore's are just naturally good weapons because they stagger from hit 1.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

fadam posted:

To get all the challenges on chamber 3 I had to give all my guys like +200-300 attack and use Venti’s broken rear end ult a bunch of times. Despite all the Gacha poo poo the game is really F2P friendly except the Abyss.

Abyss is just a gear check. I've seen whales take longer than f2p on the same floor.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The pity timer for venti banner carrying over was told by a customer service reply

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It is always better to pull one at a time. I looked over my past record, and I rarely to never hit my pity 4 star before the full 10 draws. Probably got an extra 2-3 extra 4 stars (That are garbage weapons, granted) out of it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

bitprophet posted:

But I’m still only in the mid teens AR wise so this is merely uninformed pessimism. When do we realistically end up feeling pushed into Liyue by gameplay loops? Does it coincide well with the breadcrumb quest from the guild I’ve seen mentioned?

People like Liyue because it feels like an actual place instead of the generic Moonstat that's like breath of the wild but way less dense and interesting

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The best dps currently (assuming constellation 0) is all free for players. Xiangling+ Crescent Pike is apparently outdpsing most things until they either nerf xiangling again or the pike.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Primo gems

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Substandard posted:

The fact that it's so expensive makes me just spend nothing. I feel like these f2p games would make more money if things were cheaper, but I assume they've done the math to show that isn't true.

That's the first thought anyone new to mobile games thinks.

No, one guy whaling is doing more work than 10,000 players doing a cheap buy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

frajaq posted:

she didnt seem that good besides her cool blink dagger!

A lot of characters don't look that great until you actually level them. Keqing becomes the best lightning proccer with insanely fast recharge Burst after ascension 1

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

guts and bolts posted:

Most definitely. But at least from my perspective the multiplayer is essential to get those terrible FOMO chemicals bathing your brain, and Genshin Impact has bad multiplayer. I don't have my finger on the pulse of the industry, but single-player gacha games aren't exactly common or popular, are they? When I think of gacha I think of Dragalia Lost, Granblue Fantasy, whatever the Fate franchise gacha game is, that sort of thing

Fate/ Go has 0 pvp or multiplayer at all, and it's the leading gacha because it's basically a visual novel that makes writing the money maker.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

People being baffled about rolling for characters while Apex Legends and COD has you rolling money for gun cosmetics for years

And Sports games like NBA 2k has you rolling for characters from packs for nearly a decade, Genshin isn't doing anything new

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

fadam posted:

I can't speak to NBA 2k, I haven't played a sports game in forever. You can't just play career mode with the current teams and rosters?

The gacha for characters is for the PVP

You can still pay money to upgrade your stats in PVE, and the pitiful gains are designed to get money

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Archonex posted:

Given that by other poster's accounts Venti's burst is a murdertrain of tornadoey death that sounds acceptable.

Though if the 1.1 patch notes leak is true it's probably going to get a little harder to use soon. Supposedly they're boosting the energy cost from around 60 to 80.

All leaks about buffs or nerfs are false, fyi. Unless they're getting info outside of the currently going beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

I did not mean finding different sets, I mean not even looking at the artifacts I pick up because it is so burdensome to actually go through the interface and dig out the best ones and then equip a team with them.

1.1 will have the ability to lock in artifacts.