Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Just pull a 6 star on your first account, nbd. (it's actually wild to me they don't guarantee a 6* on the beginner banner)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

If you just wanna see what the combat is like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv2AKr20u8Q

The big thing to note is each character's moveset has an element associated with it, and combining elements is where the big bursts of damage come from, so it becomes much more about decision making and team building than about raw input skill.

Also if they can get the bow to work with switch motion controls the way it works in BOTW then that'll end up being the best way to play, I think. Once you get used to aiming 90% with the joystick and the last nudge with motion controls, the bow becomes insanely good to play with.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I think if you're trying to reroll a lot, sure go for a 5 star, but if you can pick up Fischl you've basically won, and she's just a 4 star. Your team comp matters a lot more than individual units, and Fischl can enable just about anyone else to be a god, including herself.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I really wish there were more anemo people that aren't 5 stars, because double anemo would be super nice for exploration.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

cirus posted:

Finally getting started, rolled Fischl and Keqing!

That's an S tier roll, nice. A double lightning setup with Keqing as your carry is really good. Just spamming omnislashes and throwing birds at people for days. Grab Xiangliang and use anemo traveler and you're set for a really strong comp.

A resource I'm finding pretty useful is this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s0G2SDIOp9WB7NRn3ABoRgsS_Qjid46g1-BswFrbTFY/htmlview?pru=AAABdQaIv3g*vhrFhFUEOvoIFyMLyL87Cw

I'd just ignore the tier list stuff they did, because it's kinda worthless, but it has a lot of information on what building a team comp actually means. The only thing I'd add to it is if you're doing exploration, Amber is gonna be better than Xiangliang. There are just too many "light a bunch of lantern" puzzles to ignore Amber, and an archer is necessary for some shooting gallery challenges, plus shooting ruin guardians. In general, that spreadsheet is more about Spiral Abyss and raw numbers, which isn't going to translate to an everyday team.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 1, 2020

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Ougher posted:

When you go to the south part of the map you can interact with the statues there to attune yourself to geo instead of anemo. From what I hear as new regions come out, they will have their own elements that the MC will be able to attune to.

To add to this, I think it will always be worth leveling the traveler because I can't see a situation where 7 different move sets won't have at least one good one, and ATM anemo is super powerful because of swirl reducing enemy elemental resistance, which is why you include it in the Keqing/Fischl/Xiangliang wombo combo. You also get guaranteed dupes via adventurer rank and the story quest. A free filled out constellation is gonna be super useful.

Geo traveler is mainly for enabling a double geo setup, which also still wants fischl and uses Ninguang as the main.

It's kind of nuts how you can slot Fischl into basically any comp and she'll be great, definitely the supreme 4 star to pick up right now.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Prototype Aminus at zero refines is 240% every 15 seconds or so, maybe a little bit more on average but not a lot. A 5 refinement Debate Club is 120% extra damage every 3 seconds for 15 seconds, provided you use an elemental skill first. You usually can't quite get the full 5 attacks off, but even 4 attacks is 480% extra damage, double the no refinement Aminus. Presumably once you can get the Aminus to a higher refine level waaaaay the hell later in progression it starts outpacing the club, but until then the club is really loving insanely good.

It's also a great pun.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

it would be REALLY easy if one of the strongest units in the game wasn't a cute anime girl

Klee is in this google docs guide as not being as strong as Diluc. Checking a tier list, she's like, not even A rank

Diluc and Klee would be filling different roles, and Klee could potentially edge out the other fire users (xiangliang is pretty much the only other one) in a double fire set up. She’s also not a 5 star.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Xun posted:

How does the double geo team work? I thought geo seemed more like a tanky element

I’m not gonna say there aren’t downsides like having to drop some elemental combo capacity, but crystallize is an elemental combo, and you can proc it like crazy with ninguang, so you can shield yourself up and stack bursts quite fast with it. The main way you’re dealing damage is just via a lot of jade screen empowered bursts and swapping to your other geo person to use their burst. Right now for me that’s noelle because I don’t have an anemo other than the mc, but mc would be better as geo if I could get Jean or Venti.

Basically it only works if you build ninguang to rip and tear, and she scales hard with constellations. I hope they change how geo works because it probably isn’t super strong, but it’s still pretty okay. The main benefit is geo enemies are very rare and most everything else isn’t weak or strong to it.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 1, 2020

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Randomzx posted:

Venti's main value is the amount of unique utility he have for both combat and exploration.

The main reason I don't think tier lists are worth much without a giant asterisk making it clear they're purely for raw DPS in spiral abyss and dungeons.

Amber is borderline mandatory for open world exploration, imo, even after you get xiangliang. If you bring venti you'll still have trouble with fire puzzles, which are one of the more common puzzles to come across. I'd never explore without her and I'd never do spiral abyss with her.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Yeah but the big x-factor in that statement is that eventually, you will finish the exploration part of the game and the Abyss and Dungeons will be all that's left while you wait for new content. The exploration you will be able to complete no matter what, you're not relying on a pulled character to help you climb a certain cliff. The dungeons are the only part of the game where your progress will be walled by what characters you have, so it only makes sense to pull around character metrics within those dungeons. Walking on water is cool, but there's no planet where if you are rerolling, that is a factor you value over dungeon performance

You actually won't finish the exploration part of the game, chests respawn and it's something you can always go do if you need some upgrade fodder or experience.

All of the content was done with the free characters, so you don't *need* to pull anything even for spiral abyss. This is why tier lists are dumb. Comp lists are good, I think, because that's theorycrafting based on how the game actually pans out in dungeons and spiral abyss, and because it allows for people to start thinking in terms of comps instead of characters, which is how you should think about this game, but I don't like how everyone feels the need to tier list every character and insists on hurting themselves by rerolling 50 times instead of just playing the fun game.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Picked up fischl so now I can swap over to a Keqing/Fischl/Traveler/Xiangliang party and my god is this a lot of explosions. Every fight ends with everything on fire like I just finished the ending of an 80s action movie.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

The statues are the symbol that appears in areas you haven’t been to at all, and they kinda look like a blue light bulb.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Tabletops posted:

the 50 pulls = 1 5 star whatever you want thing makes me not want to use the newbie banner at all. it's basically 2 pulls on the normal banner (unless it applies to both?) which is a lot. you could do ~ 4 pulls on the normal banner by ar 10 or so.

It's a leak that hasn't been verified, so take it with a huge grain of salt.

Newbie banner is very much worth, noelle is a little undervalued imo and just more guaranteed character pulls are very good. Fischl is generally the most game changing character you can pull right now, even more so than any 5 star (yes, even diluc) and she's just a 4 star.

That said, if the newbie banner never goes away it might be worth it to save it for after you get fischl from the venti banner?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

I'm still pretty early (AR 12) and I just pulled Xiangling and Fischl in the same 10x pull!

Would MC/Xiangling/Fischl/Barbara be a good generalist team?

Fischl and Xiangling is one of the big wombo combos in the game, and swirl lowers elemental resist of mobs, including some to below zero.

Fischl will in general turn any elemental group into a powerhouse, there's a reason she's in almost every comp people have theorycrafted out.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

I guess I can bear to give it one or two more tries. I really wanted a 5 star...

I'd just keep playing that first set, having Fischl is arguably better than having any 5 star. Even Venti doesn't enable quite as much bullshit as Fischl does. A team of Beidou, Fischl, Traveler, and Xiangling will do very well, and the rolls are coming out like candy right now due to all the free gems.

I got Keqing on day 1 and stuck with that account, and my group didn't really feel complete until I picked up Fischl anyway. She really is that good.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Amppelix posted:

ok but then why do people keep saying her damage is insane

It's not her damage that's insane, it's her ability to enable anyone to combo off of electricity rapidly for tons of explosions that's insane. No character in this game just does massive damage by themselves with no support (no not even diluc, if you think his solo does lots of damage then try it with fischl's bird out, it's not even comparable).

Keqing was super dissapointing to me when I first used her because she both wasn't built and didn't have a good fire person to combo off of, but once I got xiangling and fischl to get the good fire combos and increased energy income she took off hard.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Guys I just looked at noelle's normal attack damage ratios and I'm seriously tempted to try doing a very stupid noelle carry build.

I think it will be less of a gimmick than barbara carry, at least, and having my healer also be a beatstick is very funny to me.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Tabletops posted:

Noelle can actually carry super well if you have a little bit of energy recharge. Her ult is actually incredible. She's a carry when it's up.

I was looking at Noelle because I'm just tired of barbara's downside. She's a great healer until any ice shows up, then you just get frozen all the time. I actually think if you give Noelle energy recharge and fill out her last three charms with Def %, with the ratios already on her regular attacks she'd slap super hard with a huge radius while healing everyone, and her shield means you just get protected constantly, and if I'm using double lightning, I can get the lightning recharge on her shield.

It's one of those ideas that popped into the back of my head and the more I think about it the better it sounds. It also doesn't hurt that I'm a stupid hipster and everyone saying Noelle is bad makes me want to play her more.

Also I like the naming convention of Carry, Assist, and Support, because generally you want one beatstick to be the one who does damage while they're out, a couple of assists for elemental procs and more damage that they don't need to be out for, and a support is just a nicer word for healer, and who knows, maybe Geo will get buffed so the crystals give you general damage shields and you can stack shields instead of heal. It also means you can say Fischl Carry or Fishl Assist and know exactly what builds and roles you're talking about.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Splash Attack posted:

can i get some input on my team? i’m running MC/fish/barb/xiao most of the time but while they can handle mobs i get cut stomped by bosses and elites.

i am enjoying the game but just some of the characters don’t feel as op as people make them out to be, but i’m generally not that good at action rpgs.

also i’m not sure how to use vent’s boost. i’m assuming it’s using his e skill but i can’t pop out the glider before it disappears. i’ve generally benched him because i find fish’s bird to be more useful dps.

I don't see xiao in that picture, did you mean Xingqiu?

Also I would highly recommend dropping barb for Qiqi because Qiqi is astoundingly good.

Next thing, because I see you're spreading out your books a bit, try to fit your team into a comp of a carry, two assists, and your support. Qiqi would be your support, MC is best as an assist, and Fischl can flex, but you might want to swap your fourth out for Razor or Beidou to be your carry. Both of them would use the same gear, so you can try one out and just move the artifacts over after you level those. Double lightning means you get cooldown reduction on your elemental skills. Be sure you upgrade your artifacts, too, just shovel any 2 star and below stuff into your carry's feather first, then make sure they're wearing 3 ATK% artifacts for the other three slots that aren't flower. Level up those after your feather to get a lot of ATK rolling and then see how you do.

The idea behind having a Carry is the same as in any moba, you funnel all of your money into them to buff up their attack and damage first. Your carry is the character you generally want to be out once you've put down your assist abilities, so Fischl bird, Qiqi's field, and swirl for elemental resist shred on top of the phys resist shred from superconduct.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 6, 2020

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Chongyun Kaeya Fischl Barbara would also work.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I still don't have a clue how energy generation works in this game.
What are you doing for energy upkeep to be able to do that?

Energy particles appear for certain attacks in some character normal chains and when your elemental skill does damage. For ninguang, hitting a whole bunch of people with the damage from your screen will generate a whole bunch of them.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

That barbara dealing insane damage is a good thing to try and figure out if you want to learn how to get the absurd numbers in this game.

The two kinds of elemental reactions are amplifiers, melt and vaporize, which take the hit that triggers them and multiplies them based on what element is hitting into what. The others are transformative, they create a new separate damage hit of that type and generally do a secondary effect, so superconduct and it's phys res strip or frozen's CC and shatter effect, etc. Crystallize is kinda weird, I think it's just a transformative that pops out a shield crystal instead of a hit, but I'm not really sure about that.

In that instance of barbara, take a look at the setup. They use barbara to break the thing, probably mostly because barbara in their setup is the hardest normal attacker with over 2k attack (lol). Then when the plant comes down they swap to throw fire down everywhere with two fire ults, then swap to Sucrose for an anemo effect. This leaves a whole bunch of fire constantly proccing on the boss, plus a swirl effect to reduce elemental resistance. Then they swap back to barbara and use charged attacks, which have a massive damage ratio on them (starts at talent rank 1 at 166%). Swirl's elemental resistance strip would leave that fire plant with probably less than 0% elemental resistance (I can't find numbers for bosses) and vaporize gives a 2x modifier for when it's something on fire that you hit with a water attack. There are probably also some other modifiers, like sucrose using the damage buff on swap book as well.

So they're taking a 2k attack number, doing extra damage via stripping resistances and adding in other attack multipliers, multiplying it by a bit under 2 for the damage ratio on her charge attack, then multiplying that by another 2 for it being vaporize with water as the second hit.

For reference, vaporize gives fire a 1.5x multiplier if it's the second hit, and melt gives 1.5x to ice if it's the second hit and 2x if fire is the second hit. This also means that as gear gets better, the amplifying elemental reactions scale better than the transformative ones, but you'll still probably want the debuffs from transformative hits.

Also I'm a huge moron so there's a decent chance I'm wrong about at least some of this or missed something else, so grain of salt, etc.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Endorph posted:

every electric character but lisa?

and even then lisa's pretty solidly all right.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

johnsonrod posted:

Any recommendations for a group with this bunch? I'm still new as hell and don't really know what's good.

If you’re just starting you’ll mostly just be exploring, so I’d take MC amber fischl and Barbara. Between them, you can solve almost every puzzle in the over world and will have a flexible enough set of elements at your disposal to deal with monsters as you’re still learning.

As for leveling, MC, fischl, venti, and xiangling would probably be my initial group to consider building, probably fischl first. You’ll drop amber for xiangling at some point, and probably MC for venti, but getting people and weapons to 20 takes basically nothing, and your artifacts can just be moved.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Bruc posted:

I just got this game today and am really enjoying it so far. Is it a bad thing to have 2 people of the same element in your main party? I got lucky and got Fischl and Bidou off of my first non beginner 10 pack and like them both but they are both lightning.

Beidou/fischl is a meta comp, dump your resources into Beidou and go to town.

Also, I asked a friend who got his major in chinese about the meanings of the liyue characters, and Beidou translates to something like "northern strife" which is :black101: (he explained that dou is used in conjunction with certain characters to indicate strife or struggle, like a brawl or fight, but not a fighter specifically). Xiao's character means demon, which is fitting because dude's a real rear end in a top hat.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Rynder posted:

That 5 dollar pass thing for a month - do you have to log in every day to claim or are they banked? I'm on ps4 so I cant always reliably be on like on a phone.

Also I finally got razor. I didn't know what his constellation bonuses were until I got him, I'm glad they don't look game breaking for him like other characters. Just situational damage Buggs and energy Regen.

It's a thing that pops up every time you log in, so yeah you need to log in every day. You don't have to play past that if you don't want, though, and it is by far the best deal you could get in the game.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

I'm about to hit ar25 and want to sanity check that I'm using the best teams since I've been struggling on floor 3 of the abyss. Here are my options:

Note that Fischl has 2 constellations and Barbara+Xiangling both have one.

My main party has been Keqing/Fischl/Beidou/Barbara and this works pretty well as long as things aren't electro immune. Keqing is the most decked out for sure:

My secondary party is Bennett/Amber/MC/Noelle and this one really struggles for lack of healing.

I've been pulling on Venti's banner trying to get another healer or wind with no success thus far. Should I continue with that?

Also, thanks to everyone offering lineup advice in this thread. I really appreciate you!

Yeah, the problem you're running into is most of your main dps carries are lightning, and all of them want to be them and fischl, so you basically have to choose one team to be with beidou, keqing, or razor and not use the other two.

The other team possibility that jumps out to me is Xiangling/Bennet, then throw Noelle in for a healer and probably Kaeya for the second assist, with your first team being X/Fischl/Barbara/MC anemo, with X being the lightning person you like best out of beidou, keqing, or razor. I use Keqing and she's great, and you've already built her up so I'd probably just stick with her.

The good news is if you ever get bored with Keqing, you can pretty much just hot swap her with beidou or razor for a different playstyle on the same team.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

What the gently caress do you have literally every 5*

They’re just missing Xiao, Xingqiu, and Chongyun, so nearly.

Kinda weird to be allergic to dudes like that, though.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Longer between banners also means it's easier to save up primogems for pity pulls without spending (much) money. One of the core ways gacha games get people to spend money is FOMO and hyperspeed updates so that the window of time for you to get the thing easier is super small, and then in 6 months they've added so many new units and such that you need to gacha for that your old team isn't meta anymore.

Playing this game for daily rewards doesn't take too long, probably the most time consuming thing is just spending your resin, and if you're at the point where you're not pushing world levels then it's not a waste to just dump it into leylines to stockpile money/XP, which takes way less time.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Man how are people 35+ already without going ham on resin burning. I'm like 5000~/6300 into 33 and I've been playing very frequently. I'm a bit behind on oculus (level 8 geo and level 9 ameno) but even then that wouldn't close the gap that much.

I mean, the answer is they're going ham on resin refreshing. There might be barely enough to scrape by to 35 now between getting all of the oculii and a few puzzles you may have missed, but if someone's pushing 40 they're whaling resin hard. You get a bunch of adventurer EXP per day from the comissions, so higher adventure rank will just happen over time, but there hasn't been enough time yet.

Also I just now saw the threads on the subreddit and drat, even the chinese players are mad about the bad rates and resin. Gave me way more hope that they might actually adjust the pity system or loosen up the resin income in some way if even the chinese players are mad. Really didn't expect to see that, usually SA is way more down on any given game than the subreddit is.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Amber being terrible isn't a stat issue, it's a movepool issue. Her Triangle skill is fine damage but the radius is so low compared to the actual good units who can screenclear with theirs. If I cast Diluc ult, every trash mob is dead. Her taunt doll is really bad too, because it presupposes that you want the enemies to be standing still in a big group, while you do nothing, which....you don't, you want to be constantly beating rear end.

Forget Fishl, let's look at a more 1:1 comparison for Amber: Xiangling. Both have totems you drop that inflict fire damage. Now, the reason support units are valuable isn't for the actual damage, it's for setting off elemental combos. You're not supposed to be playing as Amber, because she'll never win a DPS competition with a sword/greatsword user. Her value, in combat, is entirely within her doll - you swap to her, you cast it, you swap back. The reasons you switch away from your main DPS is to drop these set-and-forget skills, and all the best support units in the game have good ones. Fishl's crow hits a ton of times, and each time it inflicts Electro. That means you're getting off constant elemental reactions. That's where the Xiangling comparison comes in - she also drops a doll that deals fire damage, except it also does what Fishl does and continually pops them off, meaning more procs for elements. How many times does Amber's skill inflict fire damage? Once. Having Amber in your party means her contribution to the fight is a single elemental reaction per rotation. This is why Amber is bad.

It's both. Amber has worse damage ratios on all of her normal attacks than fischl, by a pretty significant amount, on top of her R2/E damage scaling off of health for some loving reason.

The way to fix it isn't really that difficult: change the scaling on her E to atk, because wtf, and then have it taunt and do some sort of ticking attack while it's out, maybe make it a single target so she doesn't step on xiangling's toes too much, or just aoe and make it like Mona's E. Fix her damage ratios so she's not just strictly worse than other characters for no reason.

Her saving grace is her ultimate is actually absurd if you have keqing and drop both of their ults at the same time, because amber's actually keeps up with the hits on keqing's omnislash. Just explosions everywhere.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Also if I’m talking changes to characters, let the MC use every weapon. There’s already a million sword people. If nothing else, it’d be a good claymore person if you get unlucky during the gacha.

edit: and for XP make it so the XP is good to great until you hit 40 so that at least you don't have to burn books getting to 40, if I have to carry a new person through some domains to powerlevel them I'm happy to do so, and it'd help with the book squeeze a bit.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 10, 2020

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

The weapon prototypes are all boss drops, and you can buy I think 2 of each total among the two ascension materials vendors for badges.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Water boss is dumpstering my will to keep playing, it just feels like everything does 3x as much damage as it should be doing once you get to 35+. If you don't have a built cryo character to keep everything permanently frozen it's just absolute rear end to fight any of this poo poo.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Pretty sure my fischl can solo the water boss and she's 10 levels below my main partymember.

Cryo+water is ok for crowd control but it does bad damage, so it makes sense you're taking way longer to fight if you're using that as your only elemental reaction.

Nope, there's no source other than getting dupes. That other poster was just (un?)lucky and got loads more dupes than new characters.

My party is keqing/fischl/xiangling/barbara, the issue I'm having is mainly that the fight is really messy compared to the others. I did the lightning cube after it bugged out and went invisible because the moves are so well telegraphed that I could remember where I needed to not be to not eat poo poo.

Water boss just has garbage flying everywhere and it seems impossible to not constantly be eating poo poo.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

water boss is the one by qingce village? if you have razor, you can cheese its most annoying phase (the healing birds) because his fursona extends his vertical hitbox enough to just barely tap them. everything else is weak trash mobs

What world level are you at? Because this would have been my reaction at WL3, but at 4 suddenly everything is one shotting anyone who isn't 60 and three shotting people who aren't 70.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

zgrowler2 posted:

For anyone using Beidou, I've currently got her as a secondary DPS using The Bell and I'm considering switching to either the Debate Club, Rainslasher, or the Northlander claymore prototype. Anyone have experience with any of those? Rest of my A team is Crescent Xiangling DPS, Xingqiu react DPS, Barbara support for reference. TIA

If you're gonna use Beidou, she should be your main dps, she doesn't really do much outside of that. The bell seems kind of wasted on her, because the bubble wouldn't happen until after she takes damage, and her entire schtick is getting those parries, which block a whole bunch of damage on their own. Prototype Aminus is great because the proc is good and it's got ATK for a secondary stat. I don't think you can ever go wrong with just more ATK.

A second electro character instead of either xiangling or Xingqiu would do some work, too, and then you could use Xiangling as your second dps for abyss if you need another one, since you've got the pike. Or put Beidou into her own team as your second dps.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

kater posted:

so how do you decide what to blow resin on if you are kinda miles away from upgrading. just go get xp/artifactxp?

Pick your main DPS and your second DPS to max out and look what you need to upgrade their talents and do their ascensions. If you're ahead of the curve on adventure level, I don't think stockpiling XP books is ever a wrong answer until you're way past needing advice for this. Priority for me is ascension materials, talent upgrade materials, then XP books and money as required, and I'm not gonna be farming for 5* artifacts for probably another week, it just costs too much resin to do before you can even get the yellow drops.

Putting together artifact sets will be the forever grind once you've got people up to snuff in levels.

One of the nice side effects of so much power being tied up in artifacts is if you get a new character you really like, you can just move the artifacts over. Almost nobody who isn't both a whale and extremely lucky will have 5* sets of artifacts to play with, most of us are gonna be slumming it with 3-4* ATK artifacts, probably a health% set for barbara and maybe a Def% set for noelle, if you want to. Just stacking ATK% will get you through pretty much everything in the game just fine, as long as you're bringing the right people to spiral abyss to counter specific things.

I really hope at some point they add in a way to craft specific stats onto artifacts so that you're not totally at the mercy of RNG, but that's almost certainly a pipe dream. Also, letting us burn upgrade ore on artifacts would be nice, once you run out of the prototype weapons to craft, if you're still doing mining runs you'll have more crystal ore than you know what to do with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Squiddycat posted:

It's wild they think I'm gonna run a 20 hour commission for 5000 mora when I can get 20,000 for a piddly amount of resin lol

If you can manage getting your adventure rank up via chests and quests, your mora to resin value just keeps getting better. If you have the time to bang it out, hitting wl4 gets you 44k per 20 resin, and that’s just AR 35. I’ve pretty much just been coasting since and just stockpiling stuff for the future rather than really pushing content, mainly because I don’t know who I’ll get when I do my pulls on the Klee banner.