Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I forgot that rerolling was a thing people do. My first two beginner pulls gave me a Fischl and a Jean. Seems decent!?.

Also someone was mentioning the gifts timing out, I made an account yesterday have mail for:

10 Acquaint Fate x2
10 Intwined Fate
1600 Primogen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Also Jean seems to have a launcher on hold attack but... that doesn't feel like a thing in this game?

I'm a bit hesitant on flat out replacing PLAYERCHAR with Jean because Gust Surge is drat good crowd control.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I have started getting cute little skull markers next to enemy hp bars and can't tell what they are. I don't think it's related to strength or anything because some of the stuff that gets it is really wimpy. I wanted to say it was related to me attuning to Geo and that was a targeting thing for it but that doesn't seem right. Is it just markers for you need to kill this for your current quest?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

really like the story mission where all the characters gather in a circle and just keep saying starsnatch over and over again.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i feel like it's incredibly easy to avoid gatcha when rolls are over a dollar. like $5 gets you one roll are you kidding pass.

you know what nm roll what ya wanna. pull that friggin level.

kater fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Oct 15, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So I hit 20 adventure and dove into Abyss. Lol I stumbled upon it at like level 9 and thought it was supposed to be a teleport out of the tutorial world or something. Didn't make enough stars to get to floor 4. I really liked some of the crazy modifiers but I guess it is kinda hard gated by actually leveling stuff up. What is the faint circle thing in the middle? I kept knocking things out of it and couldn't tell if it was good or bad.

Happy to get two quick free characters too, even if Barbara or Xiangling weren't really impressive in their demos. I'm sure I'm completely wrong about both of them.

And I can't tell whats going on with the battle pass, it has a weekly xp limit? I can't tell if that is going to mean anything because nothing is labeled. Though it doesn't seem to be much of anything unless you pay in I guess?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Does whirl grab like innate elements and turn them aoe? I keep getting fire winds or conductivity and ain’t really sure how unless it’s slimes loving up their own friends.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I stumbled upon three Farui shielded dudes in a corner of Lair. Uh I have no idea how to break Electro shields. Probably Geo? Also I assume Fire Shields break from water? This was the first open world thing that actually left my team beat up, even used the cooking pot right there afterwards geez.

Also I picked up 4 carrots and a chest spawned this game is good.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I miss using Amber as a ranged carry. I get that the game wants me to zoom around and use swords and poo poo but she was great at taking out the wacky wavy inflatable arm tube men. Also I have no idea how to get explosions as Xiangling.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Man GeoPC's ability is incredibly frustrating. Not being able to dispell it in overworld is butt. Geo isn't even that fun in combat. I have no idea how else to make explosions with Jean/Xiang/Fischl though.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Hmmm I'm having a bit more fun with it by just staying as Traveler instead of switching asap. Starfall has a really low cooldown and throwing em everywhere gets silly fast.

berenzen posted:

What are the other characters that you have?

lol the freebies.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Getting kind of sick of neat little vignettes where two people explain their problems exactly and I go cool story bro and walk off. Do admit that it was funny the first thirty times though.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I just did the Chi of questline at A23 and all my dudes 27 and finished the challenge at 1% remaining holy poo poo.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I'm getting uh pretty horrible lag? Like just on swapping characters? The hell this is miserable. Is this a known thing that can be fixed or on their end or just my internet going nuts or something?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Tae posted:

Is your ping in the right corner spiking when that happens?

Are you party swapping right as the game boots for the first time that day?

Ping was fine, I didn't do that second thing if that's the cause or the cure. Seems to be better now after like four restarts :L

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i lied to the videogame about my birthday because i already found it creepy it was asking for my year of birth and wanted to remain running in background, leave me alone viedoegmeane

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Is your issue that you can't kill things fast enough or that you're getting killed? If it's the latter, you can dodge a lot of stuff with dashing.

i fought the cryo regisvine thing and it kept doing the small range aoe and i just kept dodging it and was very confused by the apparant complete invincivbility frames

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol i was having baffling trouble being able to do any stasis fights.

then i climbed on top of a traveler geo boulder and ignored all mechanics omg.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So I haven't spent any Primos. Should I just keep saving? Save save save save?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

oh god ive done so much mining without using a claymore character.

oh god i was using geotrav rock explosions as my best option.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I pulled Chongyun out of the standard banner and everything is so much better. I don't have any good claymores and leveling is expensive but he can press E and make things awesome for everyone. Also holy poo poo low ult cost.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Instead of proceeding with the story after finishing prologue I've sorta just run around the map making it all mappy. I'm A26 because treasure chests are dope as hell. Haven't heard Paimon speak in days. I like Paimon it should speak more.

I have no idea how anyone collects Geolocus without having pulled an anemo character so they can keep Traveler on Geo and also use the wind chime things. That seems like it'd be incredibly frustrating.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Bussamove posted:

Finally made a Crescent Pike for Xiangling.

Holy poo poo. :stare:

E: I was also today years old when I figured out you could use elemental sight on a Seelie's pillar to see which direction the Seelie it belongs to is in.

i forgot elemental sight was a thing for an entire game.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

im starting to think this is the smartest game ever made. npcs going 'aw gently caress it im the main character now' is kind of amazing. and turning open world worthless bullshit into horrible horrible bars to fill is just wow.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

going through minlin and every single next teleporter is 'oh obviously i must climb that now' and its always higher than the last

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i just blew up a jolly rancher and it had a pig in it

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i didnt think much of the games music until getting to liyue and then its just absolutely beautiful all the time

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Tamba posted:

But maybe getting Klee will be the key? Better spend more money to not miss out.

this seems likely.

i have 6k paimoncubes banked, thats like minimally 25% chance of pulling klee i think!

wait no it doesnt work that way its like... wait it still is 24% chance. of getting a 5, so 12% klee. STILL FEELING GOOD AND BLESSED.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Fischl uses Raven obviously.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

so how do you decide what to blow resin on if you are kinda miles away from upgrading. just go get xp/artifactxp?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol like... I couldn't find the three people for the starting archon quest in liyue so I just ignored it and went and did anything else for 6 adventure levels and now i go back and it says i cant do it because an npc decided to bail in favor of some other quest.

Also I guess I noticed Elemental Mastery doesn't do anything besides boost combo damage? I guess that is cool but its much harder to gauge the value of having an Instructor in your group than I thought it'd be. I'm thinking about giving Chongyun a Bloodtainted Greatsword, I assume the 'Bane of Fire/Thunder' effect works for all the stuff and not just left clicks?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Magus42 posted:

That's not true for everything is it?

https://i.redd.it/ctmnrjf9tur51.png

This says vaporize and melt scale off more.

Vaporize and Melt scale off everything because they are just the atk dmg at 150% or 200% and Mastery grows that %. Like its still the attack so it'll still do more with attack or crit or w/e.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I spent forever not mining with a claymore because I didn't realize heavy damage was a thing and that claymores get it for free for some reason. IDK when the game spells it out for you but it certainly wasnt any time close to when I tried Noelle for ten seconds.

And yeah I really like Geo Traveler for combat. By the time I actually found the souvineir shop in Liyue I could afford C3. The explosions and shields are very strong. I love the foot stomping animation for the big blast too. I have no idea how much of me saying this is tied to never using a Claymore before A26. Also Starfell is very cheesy for lots of things who can't like that.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I just fought it for the first time like an hour ago and it seemed stuck in an animation loop after powering up of just doing the swipe over and over again. Also I really don't understand what it tries to do by running around for two minutes.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Nuebot posted:

That's just what it does for me every time. It runs around a lot until I finally knock it into the second phase. Then if I'm in the front half it spams the pound attack, if I'm at the back half it spams the tail whip.
EDIT: it's super effective.

just dodge left when it pounds? idk it seemed like the fight was broken. definitely not what i was expecting after barely managing the other big fight spamming foods.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I uh... I did the story crane domain with Xiangling as my only fire.

That was some pretty silly poo poo.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

100%? In this game?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

aint got no klee banner yet dangit game

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Like almost every character leaves bullshit behind for you to play with.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

le guhau geek posted:

denouement

im sorry what did you just say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

if i had diluc i'd definitely force him to go gather lemongrass or w/e all day.