Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

When rerolling, is it better to be rolling on the beginner rolls or the wanderlust rolls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

You wanna do two 10-rolls on both the beginner 8-cost and two of the Venti banner at AR7. Beginnger has guaranteed characters, but the rate up characters on the Venti banner are all really really good

So should I be waiting to AR7 to determine if I should reroll then?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

So this current reroll seems good, but I just want to get feedback before I go ahead and continue:

Mona, Noelle, Fischl, Xiangling, Xingqiu and Bennett are the characters, with a Favonius Codex and Favonius Greatsword as pulled 4* weapons.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Threw like 70 canadian at the game and pulled Venti. Holy poo poo his ability provides such amazing quality of life for getting around the map, that even if he wasn't as good as he is, I would probably have him in for most overworld traversal anyway.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

So Venti is absolutely nuts when it comes to overworld traversal and oculus gathering? Need to climb a cliff? Just jump up half the cliff to save on stamina. Need to get an oculus that's just out of jump distance? Just Venti Jump and get it instead. His ability has probably saved me an hour of time in terms of traversal across the overworld in the past 7-8 hours of play

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

If I've pulled all 4 chance up characters out of the venti banner, is there any difference between the venti banner and the regular banner?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Kild posted:

Dupes are good in this game so you'd want to keep getting dupes especially on Flische and Xiangling. Barbara's is good too but they're kinda meh until her last one imo.

The way the banner reads suggests that after you win the characters it no longer increases chances of getting those characters. But if I'm wrong, then I will happily keep rolling on the venti banner.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I wasn't even sure 5* artefacts existed lol

You can get a free noblisse oblige one in liyue after getting all the geoculus and shoving them into the pillars. Go to cuijue slope and put the orbs of remembrance into the pillars there. Then you fight a boss fight against a ruin guard, a couple of the rock hedgehog things, and a ruin hunter that all get steadily buffed by little pillars that you need to break (bring a greatsword or a geo character). Once you beat them you get a noblisse obligee flower, 2 chests and a ring you can sell for 200k mora or 180k and 5 of the 5* food.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Hyzenth1ay posted:

Mona!!!!!!

She’s not a good character but holy poo poo you can hold the sprint button and not move and she ducks underneath the map and becomes untargettable and I love her so much. AOEs still hit her but she’s literally Jaws and she’s my first new character since Noelle and I love her

Mona with +Hydro damage and energy recharge rate will stunlock and murder maps. She's not a bad character, she's just not as absurd as Venti or Diluc, but she's has really good damage and CC for clearing out chunks of the world.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

padijun posted:

does the traveler eventually get more types than anemo/geo? I'm AR25 right now

Not yet, but presumably as the game progresses we'll head to the different regions of the world and eventually the traveller will be able to become all elements.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Well, I've hit a soft limit for now in my mora after ascending 3 weapons and 4 characters to level 3. I guess my best bet now is farming up geo/anemo sigils from chests and getting all the souvenir items and then start buying money?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Heran Bago posted:

Also, when a fight is hard, eating food to boost attack and defense will often make it not hard.

I have a bunch of the 5* food that I've saved exclusively for the hydro boss so fischl/xiang can quickly and efficiently murder the stuff that comes out.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

vandiar posted:

I think it would be crazy for them to not have a new banner ready to go when the Venti one ends in 2 days, but who knows!

That banner will probably be the klee banner, which should take us to 1.1, when we'll have separate zhongli and childe banners.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Hellioning posted:

I have just completed the adventure level 29 archon quest and I would like Zhongli and Childe now please because those two genius idiots are great.

They're coming in 1.1. Zhongli is a geo spear user that has aoe petrifies, Childe is a hydro bow user that stance dances between melee and ranged with different ults depending on what stance he's in.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

John Lee posted:

I want Klee, but I want Zhongli (and to a lesser extent, Childe) more, and my 9000 primogems I've been saving are reserved for that.

I'm saving for the childe banner, because I have mona, and Childe looks like he'll be a fantastic hydro dps with venti, mona and fischl.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

kater posted:

Man GeoPC's ability is incredibly frustrating. Not being able to dispell it in overworld is butt. Geo isn't even that fun in combat. I have no idea how else to make explosions with Jean/Xiang/Fischl though.

What are the other characters that you have?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

kater posted:

Hmmm I'm having a bit more fun with it by just staying as Traveler instead of switching asap. Starfall has a really low cooldown and throwing em everywhere gets silly fast.

lol the freebies.

Once you hit AR20 you'll get barbara for free, swap the traveler out for her and create a second party with geo PC, amber and Kaeya for when you need to use those units to solve puzzles and just swap to them. You have Xiangling and Fischl, which allow for easily hit overloads, then use Jean ult to pull all the enemies together to create massive overload and swirl damage. Until then, you can use Kaeya for melt/superconductor procs or Amber that just sits on the bench to give your Xiangling a 25% increase to damage.

Simone Magus posted:

I'm using Noelle, Xiangling and Prinzessen for sure but don't have a great sword user. I've got Xiangqiu there for now

Don't you have Diluc?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Do beginner wishes stack with the permanent banner for pity rolls? Or are they considered separate?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Tae posted:

It's separate, but you should roll twice on it anyway because it's the best value and at worst you get c1 Noelle who gets better the deeper into the game.

I already did, but I wanted if I was 25 or 40 roll away from the pity timer.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

4* artifacts start becoming common post AR 25, and frequent in AR30. My core team of Fischl, Xiangling, Venti and Mona are all rocking 4*s with medium stats at AR 31. AR 35 and AR 40 you start seeing 5* artifacts become a bit more frequent, and the best artifact types (gladiators, crimson witch, viridescent venerer, etc.) only appear at 4*. Additionally 3* can only go up to level 12, 4* can go to 16 and 5* go to 20. Don't worry about substats too much either, focus mostly on primary stats on cup/crown/watch. While the matter a bit, it makes about a ~5% difference in potential against the 20-40% boost a good primary stat gets you.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Generally fine, usually things get stunlocked and die before they get a chance to damage me. I swap mona for bennet during the abyss and run mona barbara, anemo traveller and kaeya as team 2 with mona as the carry. Barb, kaeya and bennet are all level 40 vs my core being between 50 and 60, and they have kinda poo poo 3* gear, but they just need to support the main carries in mona and xiang.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Oct 17, 2020

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

It's weird people don't want Venti, when after doing the co-op event he looks like easily one of the best characters in the game.

I got Keqing for my *5 and I don't think I have a spot for her considering I've got Fischl at C5. I just wanted Venti :smith:

Keqing, Fischl, Xiangling/Xingqiu and anemo traveller/jean/venti is a really good comp because Overload/Electrocharged are some of the best elemental reactions you can get

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, so I finally made progress. I've got Amber, Kaeya, Noelle, Lisa (the two I usually send on Expeditions), Barbara, Razor and Fischl now. With the world level upgrading things are pretty tough now. How do I combo with them? So far, I've just been having Barbara drench people and then freeze them with Kaeya and smack them around with Razor.

Also got other questions. I hear that the Debate Club is actually fantastic and you shouldn't sleep on it, so I've been using that for Razor so far. What're the other weapons that're great?

I didn't know how the co-op worked in this game so I assumed that you had to have PS+ to get it but since its actually free I'll give my UID. 607776213 I wanna beatt that Electro Hypostatis by Cape Oath and win the Spiral Abyss and get Xianling but I'm not great at the game so far still.

Razor and Fischl will give you elemental bonuses for damage. Use Kaeya (switch him to Xiangling when you get her, because overload deals 4x more damage than superconductor) and Barbara as your other supports. Start with Fischl to drop her bird, then go to kaeya to use his ability to proc superconductor which gets you an additional hit. Barbara will keep your team topped up, and then use Razor as your auto-attack dps while abilities are on cooldown. Note that swapping between characters to drop their abilities will do more damage than simply autoattacking.

For the Debate club, it's the best 3* claymore to use, but will fall off as you go further in the game because it's base stats just don't scale as well as 4* weapons. The Prototype Aminus will end up scaling better as you get to level 40+ (252 attack +15% attack bonus vs. the debate clubs 189 attack+ 19.7% attack). In order to make the debate club equal the prototype aminus at level 40, you need about 1500 attack before %atk multipliers in order for it to have better payoff. This scales even worse as you get further and further into the game- you need about 1750 base attack in order to make it better at level 60. You can get a greatsword prototype part by doing the graveyard quest near the electric boss, and buying one off of the Liyue souvenir shop. It'll be your best weapon unless you pull a skyward greatsword or the wolf greatsword out of the gatcha.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

I could make this party, it's close to what I'm already doing except I've got Barbara in for healing. Having a healer in the group doesn't seem necessary for a lot of non abyss things, but it's just way too convenient. I assume Keqing would be main DPS over the Traveller? What does the ability rotation look like for this group? I start getting a little confused when there's a 4th ability/ultimate to also include in the mix.

Generally you're fishing for overload procs when Gouba is ready and swirl procs when it's not. If you don't have a viridescent venerer 4pc yet, then you can go with a non-anemo unit like barbara (unless you have venti, because venti is broken even without VV), while using Keqing as your main damage carry. Swap to use ults when they're up. You want to be building Keqing towards thunder damage boosting, as that increases the overall damage of Overload, which should be proccing fairly regularly.

Build Xiangling towards support with Atk%/Crit%/Pyro% with a prototype grudge instead of the crescent spear. Ideal artifacts will be the Crimson witch set. Don't drop Guoba while Q is up, because you want to be maximizing your overload procs.

Once you get 4pc Viridescent Venerer, your anemo unit will basically be trying to trigger swirl on electric damage to allow Keqing to push a ton of damage through with her abilities.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I don't. My beginner pulls were Noelle and Xingqiu

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Archonex posted:

I figured. Mona hits like a truck with her E. When I get her final talent she'll also get a massive damage boost due to her stats increasing energy recharge as she levels up, Favonius Codex, and the fact that her last talent increases her hydro damage by like 20% of her energy recharge percentage.

That being said, didn't people say that her E only increases damage for her? There was a bit of a controversy over that.

Her Q increases damage for everyone, and just does a stupid amount of damage in it's own right as well- I'm hitting for about 6-7k on just her Q burst at level 55 with a level 60 Favonian Codex at the moment. I'm super pumped right now to hit AR35 and get the boost. I have ~250% Energy recharge right now, so that's about a 50% damage boost to her damage. I'm using the exile and scholar 2 sets to get her recharge up, and I rolled a Hydro% exile, Recharge% and Attack% for her artifacts.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Araganzar posted:

Working on getting about 12 more pulls to get Venti before the banner is up. Curious if I could clear Abyss 4 or higher, that seems to be the best source of pull currency for me atm. Is there something better to do to get some more pull bucks?

Here is my crew:

I'm using Diluc (no constellation) as DPS with Fischl and Barbara who both have all but their last constellation. I also have Xiangling in reserve with a Crescent Pike and Mona with a Skyward Atlas among others. I mainly don't have a good way to corral/group enemies and Fischl doesn't really take advantage of the electro buff on level 4.

Curios what my best investment is right now or a better strategy, I basically buff with Barbara (dragon tome) whenever I remember, drop the bird with Fischl, attack with Diluc who has 900 ATK. I mainly use traveller when I need some non-fire elemental attacks, I'm just hearing about combining fire with fire so I wonder if Xiangling would be better than traveller. I have a favonius and sacrificial greatsword if either would be better for Diluc.

Run Diluc, Xiangling, Venti(because you just drew him) and Fischl for floor 4. Floor 5 onwards you need 2 teams, so you can go Diluc, Amber(for pyro damage boost), Fischl, Venti on one floor and Xiangling, Bennet, Mona, Barbara for the second half.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Do we know if we're getting a +hydro damage set eventually?

berenzen fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Oct 18, 2020

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

AweStriker posted:

Speaking of Crescent Pike, I'm unclear on what exactly causes elemental orbs to drop. How can I best create them to exploit its passive?

Elemental orbs appear when you deal damage with elemental skills, though you can also generate it by autoattacking. Usually 1 auto-attack combo, or equivalent amount of attacks, will generate 1 orb. Enemies will also drop elemental orbs at certain %'s of health, depending on the enemy. Orbs will show up either as elemental particles/orbs, or clear particles/orbs. Particles generate 2 base energy, orbs generate 6 base energy. Those amounts are then modified by whether or not you share the same element as the particle (+/- 50% bonus if you share, or don't share the element of the particle. Clear particles/orbs don't give any penalty or bonus) and whether or not the unit is on the field (40% penalty if they're not on the field).

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

No Wave posted:

The lowroll is the literally impossible 5500 resin one - I didn't get it last week which was sick.

Do you mean the 1600 resin one? I rolled that one, and I've decided that I'm not going for that one, because blowing my 30 resin to make it doesn't seem cost-effective instead of waiting till AL40 to start using it to maximize chances at getting good 5* artifacts.

Inzombiac posted:

The best claymore I have available is Debate Club, ascended once.

Should I stick to that? I don't have any 4* available.

If you go to South/Southeastern Monstadt, there's a quest there to break the cemetary seal that will give you a claymore prototype, which you can then use to build the prototype Aminus, which is just a straight up better claymore in general. You can also buy a prototype from the Liyue souvenir shop for 225 sigils.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 19, 2020

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

kater posted:

I uh... I did the story crane domain with Xiangling as my only fire.

That was some pretty silly poo poo.

I said gently caress it when I got to that part and quit out and grabbed amber to do that part specifically. I usually have amber on party 4 to solve torches and fire puzzles, particularly timed ones. Wasn't able to solve the timed frost ones until I got chongyun though

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

They're just regular recipes, but if you cook them with a certain character the recipe becomes their signature dish instead.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

It'a the entire reason why anemo units are in every comp basically, because it's a stupidly good set bonus. Like, you just run 4 pieces on venti regardless of other stats because the entire point is to trigger swirl, then abuse the res down. It works on elemental reactions too, so you get massive overload procs on fire/electric comps

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I'm 30 rolls out from pity right now, and I'm debating on either rolling on the klee banner or continue to save for childe. I have ~4800 gems banked atm, and I figure I'll probably get closer to 6-7k+ gems by the time that the childe banner eventually releases.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Dump some resources into amber, and use her to bust down the cryo mage shield, then go at him with the rest of your team. Kill the hydro one first (lightning breaks hydro shields) because he heals the rest of the team. If you don't have a good ice unit, use kaeya to break the hammer dudes shield. Fire and claymores will break the ice shield. My personal order of kill priority is hydro->hammer->cryo

kater posted:

geez pulling favonius poo poo feels bad. I have the worst loving set of 4* weapons. Flute and FavBow/Codex/Lance lol I am only using Flute.

Fav bow is great on Fischl and/or Venti actually, because it gives her faster ults, which means more bird/swirl uptime. Codex is also really good on mona, or any other ult-based caster hero.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 21, 2020

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

No Wave posted:

I've combed the map a few times now and there are still five depths shrines I haven't found. It's pretty wild.

I've combed the world pretty thoroughly looking for all the oculi and seelie, and I keep running into more seelie that haven't been marked on the map, and exquisite chests in places that I'm sure I cleared a couple days before

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Magus42 posted:

exquisites can respawn :)

I didn't think they respawned that fast though

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Mona is fun because of big numbers go boom, but her attack pattern is pretty anemic. Fantastic support unit though, and her ult is usually up on cd because of all the recharge stacking. It was hilarious playing her during thr event because I was getting her ult off on CD while just running around collecting crystals and letting my party members kill attack things, and I was still getting decent kill credit because occasionally I'd get a 7-8k crit.

Keqing looks like fun though, I've always been a sucker for turbo crit builds.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 21, 2020

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I would put Mona's 'get 20% of your recharge rate as +hydro damage" as one of the better ascensions because it's basically just a 6th artifact as a passive ability, no effort needed to trigger it. It's really easy to get 250+% recharge rate on her, and it affects every piece of her kit, as she does nothing but hydro damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It feels like the core problem with doing that is it's still 20% of what you might have gotten with just stacking hydro damage instead, though.

You can only get hydro damage on 1 artifact as a primary, but energy recharge comes on weapons, as a primary on an artifact, as Mona's specislized substat (24% recharge at ascension 4), and as substats on artifacts. You can very easily get 50% bonus hydro damage on top of what your artifact gets you.