Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
The mobile version added a 60 FPS option this morning in the Settings. Check it out if your phone can handle it - the game looks fantastic.

On team building, a lot of good teams will utilize 2 characters of the same element for the Elemental Resonance bonus, so if you have two characters you really like from the same element don't be afraid to play around with both of them in your team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

I finally pulled a Fischil, but I've been steamrolling pretty hard with Diluc/Xingqui/Xiangling/Traveler. I've been funneling a lot of resources into Diluc, and I have a pretty great 4* greatsword that has a 40% chance of resetting his elemental skill cooldown on use (30s CD), so I just charge in with him and murder. The game has a lot of synergistic combos you can implement, so definitely don't feel constrained by what people are talking about. There's cool poo poo to do with everyone, even Bennett.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

I liked Diluc okay, but with the rates what they are I decided to reroll for Jean since she's the 5* I really wanted. Got down to 27 minute AR7 runs and got her on my 14th reroll. I'm having a lot more fun with her despite missing out on Diluc's UNGA BUNGA big damage.

Now I just need to figure out some better combos to make use of Jean's charge attack. Right now I mostly use it for CC or follow-ups with her skill or a swap to Fischl.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

SilverMike posted:

If you're doing rerolls, just make sure you're pulling on the beginner banner instead of the standard or Venti ones. Removing all the 4+5* weapons from the pool means you'll see a lot more characters.

AR7 rerolls can get 49 (50 now I think?) rolls. You want to roll on beginner banner > venti x10 > venti x10 > buy 4 acquaint fate w/stardust and 2nd beginner banner roll > finish all other rolls on Venti banner. Focus rolls on the Venti (character highlight) banner so you can get the pity 5* at 90 rolls. Even if you don't hit 90 rolls without a 5* before the banner changes, it saves your progress for the next character banner (Klee is the next up).

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

FWIW, this youtuber is the one I followed for learning how to speedrun AR7 rerolls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivy9FpXcIEM

If you start the game and are already feeling the itch to spend, just put in the work to learn the route and you can pretty efficiently churn out rerolls until you end up with characters you like. On release, it was a little brutal doing AR7 for what you got, but now you have the last week's worth of free primogems and the free 10 roll they gave all new accounts. These benefits are likely going to expire on the 12th with the new patch, so doubly so it's a really good time to reroll now.

Also, if anything, it's also an interesting experience learning the route. There are a few skips you do that give you a fun-sized taste of speedrunning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Can anyone confirm this?

I was planning on doing a ton of rerolls after work.

The 10 daily 160 primogems that the game would give you all at once at AR7 are gone now. You used to hit 56-57 rolls if you rerolled in the last couple days of that event, now you peak at 43-45 or so.