Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
are there any missed promotion opportunities that makes rerolling not great now 2 days after release? Or is it still as good?

even though i'm up to ar 16 im still tempted to reroll cause I want a good dps since I don't have one:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Victory Position posted:

I have! If it's a near 1:1 make of Breath of the Wild, but MMO, that does sound like something checking out!

it's not, it just shares a lot of the overworld exploration mechanics with BoTW but otherwise is quite different. especially the combat.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

BurningCourage posted:

Am I just unlucky or are rates on dupes super high? I've done about 4 10 pulls by now and only 1 of them didn't have a dupe character, hah. I want fire greatsword man damnit.

hes like less than 1 % i think?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

super sweet best pal posted:

Being drip-fed the download from their slow server.

lol it was awful. literally downloading at 90kbs for me

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

i got barbara, jean, beidou and chongyun on my first 4 pulls.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Natural 20 posted:

Okay, say that you can't help rerolling. What are you a) Looking to do to be able to reroll quickly and b) What do you want to get out of rerolling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw4Kx1coykU

i used this guide for ar 7 rerolls and it seemed fine

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Framboise posted:

I don't think I have the patience to reroll a slower paced game like this. I pulled Fischl and I'm just gonna be satisfied even though all I have are support units.

yeah idk how i feel about it tbh, but it's about 17 minutes for a non AR7 reroll or 25 if you get to ar7

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
my fourth reroll i've gotten mona, razor, barbara and xiangling.

this seems pretty good. Mona and razor are apparently both very strong.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

RubberLuffy posted:

I got Barbara, Fischl, Diluc, and Chongyun (water, lightning, fire, ice)

it's a good party that allows lots of crazy element combos pretty much constantly

also the game is gorgeous, I love the small town that has the fragment sidequest, Qingce Village. Even though the plants are just flat models copy-pasted, lol

haha wow that luck!

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ougher posted:

Rerolling from that would be a real :psyduck: . You will probably get enough free currency from the ones they are giving out, and from just playing and doing stuff to make a few pulls on the Venti banner.

i think you get another 15 or something between ar 10 and 15. plus enough crystal things to buy another 5 or so

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

homeless snail posted:

You can get Xiangling for free at AR20, shes mostly just a good spear user but her fire attack isn't bad

her ultimate thing is kinda amazing because you can hit it and switch characters and it keeps going

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 30, 2020

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Nation of Thizzlam posted:

Despite her voice actor being absolutely terrible, Qiqi is amazing and adorable. The ice orb persisting and healing your characters while also damaging anything nearby is so drat nice.

haven't seen her in any of my rerolls yet

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
my current rerolls

this is from today, like ~26 minutes on average per. i really have nothing better to do i guess.

edit: these all have noel as well, except the mona one i think.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

queeb posted:

Dilucs ultimate is bonkers, just a huge rear end fire phoenix obliterates a huge area.

can you only get him from the 4th pull thing?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ougher posted:

You can get Diluc from all of the banners, even the beginner one if you are super lucky.

oh rad. he seems good. i liked playing him in the trial, i wonder if he's much better than the other dps/burst options that are ranked 's' or a

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Lord Ephraim posted:

My first 10 beginner roll gave me Jean, so I felt obliged to play this game. I played mostly with the F2P characters, Jean and Noelle until I hit AR10 then splurged on the gacha.

I got Razor, Fichel, Chongyun, and Mona. I also got a 5* sword. Gacha did me good I say. What is really good about this game is that you feel like you're wrecking poo poo when you have a good party comp. I use Razor, Fichel, Chongyun, and Jean. Razor is a solid DPSer, Fichel is good range support that gives elements to my DPS. Chongyun give element combos and Jean can burst/full heal. Before I thought enemies were huge damage sponges, but once you exploit combos things melt fast.

My major complaint is what others said: you need multiple party setups and hotkeys. There are times I want Mona for exploration (she has the fastest movement speed in water) or Amber for fire related things. Another things is that the game's controls are a bit clunky, but that's maybe the hundreds of hours playing Breath of the Wild and its smooth physic engine and movement.

how many pulls did you do? thats wild that you got mona jean razor and chongyun

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

welp, dunno if i'll top this roll. chongyun, flisch, barbara, razor.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

That's an S tier roll, nice. A double lightning setup with Keqing as your carry is really good. Just spamming omnislashes and throwing birds at people for days. Grab Xiangliang and use anemo traveler and you're set for a really strong comp.

how do you change the travelers element? I thought it was always anemo

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
well i finally got venti in a reroll

#14 (lol)

unfortunately my other pulls were xiangling x3, barbara and sucrose. xiangling of course is very good but i was hoping for at least one cool dps. I'm gonna keep rerolling but chances are i'll play this one. probably. at least venti is a bow user.

also they nerfed the primogen reward from the venti trial? it was 60 yesterday now it's 20.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Oof yeah thats a tough one. I just posted this but don't get super caught up in Venti, if you get a really solid three-man unit you'll be set. IMO any account without a top-tier DPS user is a reroll, that's like the one role you can't afford to be missing, even with a Venti

huh, which of these do you think is stronkest?

x2
fischl
bennet
barbara

x3
barbara
jean
beidou
chongyun

x4
mona
razor

x5
beidou
fischl

x6
flisch

x7
fischl
ningguang

x8
fischl
barbara

x9
chongyun
barbara
sucrose
xiangling

x10
fischl
razor

x11
flisch
ningguang

x12
flisch
chongyun
barbara
razor

x13
fischlx3
razor
noel

x14
venti
xiangling
barbara
sucrose

based on what you said i assume 12?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Hy_C posted:

If you're rerolling this much, I assume you're looking for some proven meta comp in which case 12, 13, or 14 are all fine. 13 is extra hilarious and I'd do it to cap fischl only because she is outright the most overtuned 4 star.

tbh i've never played a gacha and i just want some Cool Dudes ™

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ougher posted:

You could have stopped on number 3 and played and summoned several more times by now instead of rerolling this much. :shrug:

edit: You can also buy Razor in the starglitter exchange shop, the timer suggested it was going to reset last night, but I think they kept the same stuff because it wasnt a full month. Getting 34 starglitter in a month shouldnt be hard unless you cant play very much to farm currency for summons.

lol i have a problem now i think. It's like im addicted to... rerolling. yabai.

this one seems good?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i really wanted to try keqing cause she seems really fun. i haven't pulled her in any reroll though.

in all i've gotten 5? 5 star pulls. The rates don't seem horrible to me but idk, maybe i've just been very lucky.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ougher posted:

What is wrong with you man.

brain worms

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Barry Convex posted:

oops I didn't realize that autofilling the weapon upgrade items could result in losing currently equipped weapons, now Noelle only has a crappy generic greatsword instead of the Bloodstained one I had already upgraded :(

i don't think it does? I just tried and it didnt show my equipped weapons

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Hy_C posted:

a better translation someone did of those leaked notes

does this mean it'd probably make more sense to not spend on the noel banner since you'll get a currency thing at 50 if you spend on the diluc/jean banner?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Framboise posted:

So apparently pulling singles may be better?

https://forums.mihoyo.com/genshin/article/13412

Some friends and I were talking and they brought this up. I tested it on a reroll and sure enough, I got at least a 4* within every 10 rolls or less. I even got a 5*... book.

Whether or not it's actually BETTER, I'm not sure. Definitely takes longer.

I still don't know how people are doing rerolls in 20-30 minutes. Each one has taken me an hour so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw4Kx1coykU

it takes me about 27 minutes if i focus only on it.

Oh Snapple! posted:

Got Venti this morning, so now I'm kind of trying to settle on a team to invest in. Curious as to which 4 folks would form a team from out of (just listing my "best" characters):

Wind MC
Venti
Barbara
Razor
Xiangling

Though obviously the other free characters are there as well.

Guess it essentially comes down to "double up on Anemo or not". Venti and Barbara feel like the two definites.

double anemo is really really good when your doing overworld/exploration stuff. makes it feel a lot better.

otherwise, probably venti razor barbara and xiangling?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Framboise posted:

Aaah, I see. You can totally skip the kaeya temple, that saves a ton of time.

yerp. the first couple times i just kinda timed myself up with his playthrough and it helped a lot since he commentates it. (because i dont have a second monitor)

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 2, 2020

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

I don’t think I’m using Fischl correctly. Her bird skill is supposed to be super good, and whenever I get him next to enemies he is. Is he supposed to just float there? Or is the idea to drop him and then switch to a pyro/some other dps to hit the overload?

drop and switch

also i really wanna try keqing but i have yet to pull her. which is wild.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Thanks! Now to decide if I wanna do XiangLang or Barret(? Sword pyro dude)

i like both, xiangling has the same kinda thing as fischl where you can drop her little pyro guy and switch, you can drop both at the same time actually.

bennet is fun, even if he isn't the best or whatever in the endgame he's fun to play and his kit is good for exploration and stuff.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
the 50 pulls = 1 5 star whatever you want thing makes me not want to use the newbie banner at all. it's basically 2 pulls on the normal banner (unless it applies to both?) which is a lot. you could do ~ 4 pulls on the normal banner by ar 10 or so.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Nation of Thizzlam posted:

Qiqi is fantastic and adorable but be prepared for some of the most bored sounding voice work ever

her exertion noise when she dashes in japanese is pretty fantastic

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

queeb posted:

do you get more rolls at AR10? i just hit it but didnt see anything new pop up

you should get 10 more regular fates at 10

go to your mail and do claim all

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ghosthotel posted:

You can use Kaeya to ice bridge yourself all the way out there, takes about 3 or 4 minutes. There's a secret quest there that nabs you some good loot, and a decent amount of currencies but just be warned it involves a level 40 boss fight and he hits like a truck if you're underleveled

theres a teleporter that takes you there that only requires a short uhh ghost treasure guy puzzle to unlock. it's just a big wormhole in the sky on the south east corner.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

i would say this but follow the video guide i posted above as it's much faster than doing all the dungeons and will get you to 7, open all the banners you want though when you unlock them after the dragon fight to determine if you wanna keep going

also i'd say jean and beidou are also good keepers to add to the list?

also also, you only get ~12 normal fates or whatever by rank 5. so only one newbie pull and no venti pulls (unless you buy a single fate with stardust).

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 2, 2020

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ghosthotel posted:

Different island. The one you’re talking about takes you to the gate for the abyss dungeon. This island is up in the north east corner of the map.

oh wild ok. my bad! is it on the map?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Avynte posted:

good ability call, i kept trying to fly out from the big cliff and figured i just didn't have enough stamina to make it the whole way.

if stamina is an issue there is a food item to lessen stamina consumption and if you have two wind users you can get another 15% on top of that. may be enough!

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i got keqing on this roll finally

holy poo poo her ult is nutso

ultrachrist posted:

I'm level 7 and I got 3 Fischls and Barbara. Does wish currency now become rare from this point? Wondering why that's the point people are rerolling to.

Game seems neat and a solid action RPG base, but I need some difficulty added to this combat ASAP.

you get another 10 normal pulls at 10, plus maybe another 10ish in gems/stardust by then maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Infinity Gaia posted:

For what it's worth you can also make it to the secret island by eating a stamina cost reduction food, having Amber in your party, and gliding to it from the top of the cliff to the south of the starting beach.

why does amber matter?