Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

So what exactly goes into rerolling right now and how far do you get in before you evaluate? I think this one bombed, I didn’t draw any characters other than Noelle (not even dupes!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I’m only at AR 12, so I’m focused on getting story done and maybe hunting down those stamina jewels (the elemoculi) for now. Haven’t even seen a 4* artifact, and all my wishes have been 3* weapons, one Fischl, one Noelle (who was guaranteed), and two Xianglings (who were not but she’d have been free from somewhere I hear).

Any thoughts on what to do/who to build?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I am having a problem with the sneaking mission. Is there like, a good route to take?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

Is there a good electric or earth character hiding somewhere?

I'm AL 13 and, while I like Lisa and Noelle, I'm kinda tired of them.

Fischl is very good and supposedly there’s an upcoming change that makes her a free character but I think for now you have to wish for her.

That said: I have the same question but for ice.

And greatswords. And winds. And mages.

AweStriker fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 8, 2020

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I already forget who my primary DPS is supposed to be with Anemo/Fischl/Xiangling/(flex slot depending on the ley line disorder).

Also I need to invest in my weapons, I'm killing things too slow to get stars in Abyss 3.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

fadam posted:

I think Fish makes the most sense to put all your best +attack stuff in because you can basically have 100% uptime on her bird and it scales with it.

This makes sense. My artifact selection is still kinda subpar, so stacking +ATK stuff on one person is basically going to be a necessity.

TV Zombie posted:

How does one get the keys to open up those...clear boxes?

Are you talking about Shrines of Depths? Those keys come from doing specific things; a number of them come from doing "Explore:" domains but there's a few that are obtained other ways.

I saw someone linked to a Discord earlier, but I don't know what one it is since the link expired (Goonshin Impact?). I think there should be a way to set a non-expiring link if you're the server owner or have that permission?

AweStriker fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 9, 2020

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

So I know for a fact that I do not have every Anemoculus, but the statue only goes up to level 10. What do the extras do?

I feel like my artifacts is the weak link in my team comp; what are the best ways to get artifacts (and fast)?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Substandard posted:

I've not put any money into this yet outside of the $5 for the daily bonus gems, but I'm having terrible luck. I keep seeing all of you with a bunch of 5 stars and I've yet to get any in over 120 total pulls (not in the same banner so I haven't hit my pity 5 star yet. I'm like 10 away from getting it in the venti banner).

I do have 4 Fischls so far, and she is awesome.

I'm mostly running Traveler(Anemo) / Fischl / Barbara / Xiangling, and I'm doing just fine, but I seem to almost ONLY be drawing the 4 star banner characters as I've got 2 or 3 of Barbara and Xiangling as well. It could definitely be worse, but I want Diluc or another fancy 5 star badly.

I haven’t been tracking my pulls but I think you’re doing better than I am luckwise. And a level 40 party with level 20 weapons (except Fischl whose is 40) is not cutting it against Abyss 3, or at least not when my artifact setup isn’t all +ATK and +ATK%.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Substandard posted:

You can either try to knock everything off the ledge with the MC and Kaeya or you can get up to adventure rank 25 and then level to 50 and get your weapons up to 40+ it's pretty easy. I spent a couple of hours trying it right when I hit level 20 because I really wanted Xiangling and didn't have her yet, but I think it was a waste of time and it's easier to just level up some more first.

This is probably what I'm going to end up doing - I'm not sure when the rewards refresh but I'm doing it less for Xiangling C3 and more for that spear prototype that I can turn into a Crescent Pike (since it's apparently way overtuned).

The White Dragon posted:

3-2 is a standout as being a major bastard. do you have any characters with a knockback special? it's a little dangerous because the guys who throw molotovs can knock you off the edge as well, but you can save time by throwing dudes into the pit.

personally i wasn't able to clear it with full marks until i gained some ascensions and got to 50

I think just AneMC and Kaeya. I don't have any 5*s from wishing yet, and no one off-rateup (i.e. I have exactly eight characters - Traveler, Amber, Lisa, Kaeya, Noelle, Xiangling, Fischl, and Barbara).

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I got to the second stealth bit (after ||Ningguang declares the death of Rex Lapis||)and I’ll be real I have no idea how to do this.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Squiddycat posted:

God it feels like I've scoured every inch of Monstadt but I'm still missing a lot of Anemoculuses

My statue right now is at 8, and it's 6/12 of the way to 9

I assume there's not really much I can do to help at this point except running around some more?

There’s an interactive map that has them all marked. You can even set which ones you’ve found!

Also: probably “Anemoculi”, etc.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

AegisP posted:

Yea, I'm at WL 4 and I keep getting matched into WL 3 people since that's what most people seem to be at?

So I have to get lucky and get into a WL 4 lobby randomly, and then hope people aren't bringing 3 barbaras so we can finish it sub-3 minutes?

Uh oh. I’m WL 2 so I might have the opposite problem...

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think it's pretty easy to see what the issue might be if you just look at the way the actual process of making games works, where the people who make the actual decisions at AAA western dev teams are people who not only don't play video games, they're all loving miserable business weirdos who don't like ANYTHING. You read the Kotaku article about Anthem being developed for a year with absolutely no direction except them being told how to monetize the game and to make the mechanics fit the monetization, and that's what's going on basically everywhere. Who's the most popular figure in Western game dev. Probably Todd Howard? What is Todd Howard synonymous with, what does he stand for? He doesn't hold any kind of creative power. On the flipside, look at how many Japanese devs have name recognition - you see a game by them and you know what sort of input they had on the game and how that individual person impacts development. Suda51, SWERY, basically everyone at Square Enix for better or worse, Yoko Taro, Kojima. Those people have SOMETHING, some sort of vision or idea that influences the games they made. This is the way that every other medium works - books have authors, films have directors, comics have artists. AAA Western game development has Board Members.

Can I save this quote? It’s like gold.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

I get the impression that the "normal/expected" way of playing this game is to just do daily commissions/leylines (it's a hybrid mobile game after all) + exploring whenever you feel like it, and then doing whatever story missions pop up as your adventure rating gradually increases.

Is there any reasonable way to track down the anemo/geo-thingies that you're missing? I think I only have a few anemo thingies left, but I don't know where to look for them.

Please hold while I get the link I posted last time someone asked this...

There is an interactive map with the oculus locations.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I think I’ll just start hoarding now. With 63 current pulls on the Venti banner, 3 days before it switches to Klee, and an ultra-packed weekend as it is, I’m not getting to 90 before it changes.

Meanwhile I’m not really hurting for Pyro as much as I do like a good attack mage. I’ll probably throw a few pulls at it if the G4’s are different since my biggest desire is just roster diversity. I only ever have one expedition going at a time because seven of the eight characters I have are indispensable in the field for some reason or another.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Since it might be a while before I pull more, should I invest in Noelle, who is my only greatsword user at present?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

kater posted:

Does whirl grab like innate elements and turn them aoe? I keep getting fire winds or conductivity and ain’t really sure how unless it’s slimes loving up their own friends.

Swirl can and does react to elements an enemy carries innately. If the target has an element icon it’ll pick it up.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Who's Xingqiu? What's he like?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

Note to self - never, under any circumstances, try to do combat in this game with the mobile version

I have only played mobile. I haven't had that bad a time.

No Wave posted:

He's a good character. If Crescent Pike wasn't a thing he would be one of my main DPSes.

The Prototype Animus craftable 4* Claymore is really good too.

Speaking of Crescent Pike, I'm unclear on what exactly causes elemental orbs to drop. How can I best create them to exploit its passive?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Magus42 posted:

Even melee hits will spawn small orbs to get started with Crescent's ability

I assume this is particularly true since I have that passive that gives Xiangling an extra Pyro hit after the last hit of her dial-a-combo.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

So do you essentially need either a Geo user other than Traveler or a claymore for Geo Hypostasis? If so I may be locked in to needing to invest in Noelle.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Tabletops posted:

No. You don't have to break the thingies but any claymore user works fine.

Oh. How do you deal with it without breaking the things, then?

(I say I'd be locked into investing in Noelle on account of not having any other claymore users.)

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The only other geo units are MC and Noelle, and Noelle's skill doesn't hit enemies and so doesn't generate any energy.

It does hit enemies if you’re standing right next to them but I think it doesn’t generate energy anyway.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

dogsicle posted:

with how impactful gear is in this game i do think people tend to sleep on weapons a bit. but i totally get them being less exciting than character rolls, or new/unlucky accounts still needing to build a base of characters to work with first

Yeah, I consider myself an "unlucky" account, though at this point I think I'm basically good in every element except Cryo and every weapon type except Claymore, which is unfortunately the most important weapon type.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

nessin posted:

And the Crimson Witch domain? You can't do an overload combo and the enemies are half elecro slimes wtih a pulsing electro effect. Except my primary character is Xiangling with her C2, which causes an pryo mine effect on the last hit of her combo. You can't finish an attack chain or you'll blow yourself up with a massive hit when the mine pops and triggers overload. You have to stop after the multi-hit combo and walk away or dodge to reset the attack. Meaning no stagger chains where you pound on them with a cryo effect. I'm sure it's possible to do in the time but gently caress doing a domain down to the last second when literally any other character in my roster wouldn't have a problem had I the ability to level them up to be comparable to Xiangling right now.

What I'd probably do is launch a charged attack out of the fourth attack of Xiangling's normal combo; only the upward sweep causes the implosion effect.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Does shield damage depend on Level or Attack or could Lisa burn it down?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

S.J. posted:

I guess this is a question for everyone, but do you have to be WL5 before 5* artifacts drop?

No. I actually got one at WL3.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

The irony here is that I’ve heard Diluc also can’t stand the taste of alcohol.

That said if Diona really does want to destroy the wine industry I’m for it, maybe then Kaeya will stop shaming people that like grape juice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

No Wave posted:

Just got this off of Oceanid:

It is destiny. Bring me the childe.

If I were using this on Childe I’d either be 2-2 on a set or using 4 of some other set. He’s an archer so the Glad 4-piece doesn’t help him.