Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

dang just realized I should have been using my weapon dupes to “refine” instead of enhance. oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

Truly, eastern culture will never be able to match the magnum opus of the Hunger Games and how Katniss connects with readers on an emotional level.

you jest but westerners act like harry potter is journey to the west or some poo poo

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

Indeed, no Japanese developer has ever done a thing like that for the last twenty years. Certainly not Square-Enix.

Seriously though broaden your horizons. If you aren't seeing anything but photorealistic gruff white dudes it's because you're not looking. Literally anything made by Supergiant Games, Disco Elysium, Fall Guys, Among Us, Deeprock Galactic...

i wouldn't call any of those games "AAA"

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i never really played gacha games before this because they all seemed pretty minimal on the game side. the impression i got from the few i tried was that most of it was rolling and leveling up your characters and gear, and the stuff you actually did with the characters was largely automated/mindless tapping, but this game actually gives you something compelling to do with your babes. climbing and flying around the countryside and dropping in on monster camps is really fun, like it was in breath of the wild

Weedle
May 31, 2006

TheFluff posted:

If you run across things that look like puzzles you can often (but not always) get a clue about what to do with them by holding down middle mouse button to activate elemental sight. Also works on some other things, like if you find a seelie pillar but don't see the seelie itself you can use elemental sight to get a hint about which direction it's in.

wow thanks! this didn’t even occur to me. i never remember that elemental sight exists unless the game tells me to use it

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i tapped “leave for now” after finishing floor 2 of the spiral abyss, thinking that when I come back i can start at floor 3, but apparently not? do i have to redo all three chambers of my highest completed floor every time i come back to the abyss??

Weedle
May 31, 2006

oh i missed that in the instructions. thanks!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

does paimon make anyone else think of the film “hereditary”

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

This is what the cake gives you after you use it. I named my traveler after my kid and used her birthday lol, so I got it on Wednesday. If it refreshes I think it’ll either be once a week or once a month. I’ll let everyone know if/when it refreshes.

when on wednesday did you get the cake? it's my birthday today and i haven't gotten one

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

When I logged in for the day, it was in my mail. Did you make sure your birthday is set? Happy Birthday!

oh lol i never check my mail. thanks! and thanks!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

mentally/emotionally psyching myself up to spend $30 on gems to get that pity venti

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Weedle posted:

mentally/emotionally psyching myself up to spend $30 on gems to get that pity venti

you guys aren't gonna believe this but getting venti turned out not to be the key to true happiness and contentment in life after all

Weedle
May 31, 2006

didn't honkai impact make like five hundred million dollars?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

pretty stupid question but... what do you guys mean by “auto attack?” is that a pc/console thing? i only play on mobile and i have no clue what y’all are talking about

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Hellioning posted:

It's just a slang term for normal attacks.

gandlethorpe posted:

People are using it as a generic term for spamming standard attacks. Kind of a misnomer since every action is manual here. In many games, the standard attack is often automatic, especially in RTS games and their derivatives.

oh thanks i thought there was some kind of turbo button functionality that i had totally overlooked

Weedle
May 31, 2006

delfin posted:

Speaking of phone issues... My Moto G Power handles the game well most of the time, but at irregular intervals it clogs up big time. I go from a pretty solid framerate to next to nothing, locking up for several seconds at a time, and then it resolves after maybe thirty seconds and I go back to a decent flow.

Anyone else getting that on mobile?

i’m on an iphone xr and it’s a solid 30fps 99.9% of the time but when there’s a bunch of particle effects and poo poo swirling around it sometimes turns into a slideshow for 2-3 seconds before going back to normal

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Cerepol posted:

Theres no quick way to swap parties is there? Sometimes you just need a claymore...

in 1.1, inshallah. i know it wasn’t in the leak but maybe the leaker just didn’t notice...

Weedle
May 31, 2006

it’s worse because i forget and open the character manager screen first instead of the party setup screen 100% of the time. at least put a party setup button on the character manager screen!! i’m a busy man!!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

theblackw0lf posted:

I just noticed the description button for items haha. (Under details).

Man some of the item descriptions are really interesting and elaborate, with entire backstories.

i got a nice chuckle out of the thrilling tales flavor text

quote:

A fictional story of a band of five heroes who go off on a dragon hunt. It is poorly written and structurally incoherent. Its value lies in the many lessons that can be learned from failure.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Estraysian posted:

GenshinZHB30 code for 160 primos.
Redeem at https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/gift.

thanks!!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i think the documented pull rates are wrong for the klee banner. ferrous shadow and sharpshooter's oath are clearly 49.5% each and all other possible pulls are split among the remaining 1%

Weedle
May 31, 2006

frajaq posted:

what exactly triggers the bonus xp when you're enhancing Artifacts?

it's random. i don't think anyone has figured out the exact probabilities yet

Weedle
May 31, 2006

6.9 gb (ni.ce) on my iphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Araganzar posted:

So this dragon and this wolf are supposed to be the main source of prototypes, I've killed both of them at AR 25, 30, 35, and 40 and haven't seen a single one. 4 of my levelled characters use the crafted weapons.

I spent all my resin and one recharge yesterday on the Noblesse Oblige domain and got 2 useless pieces (+DEF) in 10 runs.

I need 40+ blue talent books for all my characters, at AR40 I'm still seeing about 1.5 per domain.

It feels like an awfully low rate of return for both the resin and the effort. I hadn't noticed so much because the game was throwing fragile resin and chests at me like crazy but man now it's pretty much the suck.

I love the exploration and I'm enjoying beating the Spiral Abyss but this is starting to feel more like a marriage than a game. I'm barely allowed to do anything before I'm done and I get almost nothing for what little I'm able to do.

if this feels like a marriage you should look into relationship counseling