Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Let's start with some good ol fluffy comfort. Apologies if you're allergic.

So snuggle up, get warm, and let's chat by the fire light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

So, I just bought this contraption for the price of a quality used car:

Hopefully it gives us some more freedom / self reliance to explore on light duty trails when we're adventuring about.

E: also, the paint is close enough that I'll be calling it acid green. It was a toss up between this and the fastest colour, red.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

If you only have a short length of pipe you can always create a candy gun, same principle as a potato gun. You might have to use chip bags as a sabot for the smaller candy though.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Elmnt80 posted:

Edit: strong quadricycle vibes from that thing

You're quite correct in that assessment, it looks like it's a modified Quadra cycle that utah trikes manufactures. Makes sense that they'd adapt an existing design for their needs. Hopefully that means it's well designed and despite being the first iteration of the model there's no bugs/glaring flaws

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It would be one hell of a redemption arc for 2020 if Trump died from covid.

:emptyquote:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Somehow I did not know about the Ford Quadricycle, looked it up and yeah, I get the vibe. It's definitely a spiritual successor to the idea. But yeah, October's been a pretty rocking month for me so far. Bought 'The Rig' as mentioned earlier, paid off the auto loan I had in full, and got my P.Eng designation so I now I can officially use the title 'Engineer'. Feels good man.

Rhyno - from what you've shared over the years it sounds like you overcame quite a bit of poo poo and are living a good life now. Glad to see the way it's turned out but definitely sounds like the journey was poo poo. I probably didn't have it as bad as some but add me to the list of the beaten and bullied in school.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Angry CV's can definitely cause a shake in the auto subies. Next time it does it try rolling forward really slowly, sometimes there's a spot where it stops the shake. But otherwise, yeah you'll need an axle sooner than later. Junkyard oem might be the best bet, the aftermarket ones are known to be iffy in terms of longevity and vibration at stops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Have we figured out "video as thread title" technology yet?

https://i.imgur.com/aQOqj5s.mp4