Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

continuing bicycle chat over here - is it still impossible to buy bicycles? i kind of want one

I'm trying to buy a bike since my old one got stolen and i've moved cities so I couldn't just go to my old bike shop. Got a new one recommended, fairly popular indie bike shop.

DM'd them on instagram (since their website is crap but their IG is very active) with "Hey, my bike got stolen, I'd love to get a gravel bike" "Sure, come on down to chat with us! The ones you want are out of stock but we're getting new ones". Fine, I go down to them, they're pretty busy but the guy behind the counter says "Awesome, we can get you sorted but we do all this over email". They haven't been super responsive over email since "it's been super busy" and we've gone back and forth over other options and sizes but it's glacial.

Like dude, I just want to give you money for a bike instead of ordering it from All-City since i don't want to put it together myself. 2 weeks later, no bike yet.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

what the hell? buy the skyline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

STR posted:

rich people cars

I have a hard time believing they actually drive themselves - my take is the "I own a Honda Accord" is definitely for show and he most likely gets chauffered around. Bezos time is way too valuable to be spent stuck behind the wheel in Seattle traffic. Same with Zuck - 4-5 years ago his security detail was like 4 suburbans that pissed off neighbors by taking up valuable street parking at his house in SF he got while his wife was doing her residency at the nearby hospital.

Edit: the door desk thing is just optics - they're more expensive than normal desks. Everyone at the Seattle twitch office HATED them (the other twitch offices had normal sit/stand desks)

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

STR posted:

With Bezos, yeah, you're very likely right. Especially with the mansions he owns. Zuck at least still drives himself around.

If I had that kind of money, I'd be driving all the fun "somewhat normal" cars, like Integras, Subarus, Golfs, etc. gently caress supercars, they get too much attention (and need too much attention).

There’s multiple articles out there stating zuck gets carted around by his security team. Esp now I can’t imagine his minders allowing him to drive

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

meatpimp posted:

Edit: I had to look up your post to see what you were talking about, and I'm more concerned with your phone being at 47% at 8AM. :stare:

I stopped charging my phone at night for whatever reason, since i'm either gonna be at my desk all day, or it'll be connected to my car if i'm driving.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

nm posted:

garagechat

We never actually checked if our car would fit in the garage in this house we're renting, which is a ~1930s tract house. Luckily the crosstrek fits fine, but I've been wanting to upgrade to an Outback. At 14" longer, I probably won't be able to park in the garage with a hitch-mounted bike carrier, so it'll have to wait until next house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

slothrop posted:

For anyone struggling, please consider therapy.

I've been finding out second-hand via my fiancee that, despite working in tech and having relatively good insurance, finding a therapist that is taking on new clients and is in-network is rough as gently caress right now.