Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

skooma512 posted:

Did they even want to fly the planes?

The consensus was "no".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Stingwing posted:

Don't feel bad, I fell for the deluxe version too

I'm in San Francisco. I bought the top tier. What would you have me do ?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Speaking of FS2020, looks like the USA world update just dropped along with 1.11.6.0. Photogrammetry loading optimized, autogen buildings and bridges improved, miscellaneous bugfixes. I see a lot of airports being patched - 48 according to a splash screen. Elevation data updated, 1m resolution in some places. New discovery flight - East Coast USA. 4 new bespoke airports (Atlanta, New York Stewart, Dallas/Fort Worth, Friday Harbor). 50 new POIs, looks like Washington DC got a makeover.

Tiny Steam update, 12.75 MB updater download with a lot of small files patched. 4.24 GB from the marketplace for the USA update.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Combat Pretzel posted:

Weird, it's 252MB here.

It's showing that way for me now. Display glitch I guess.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

londonmoose posted:

From the last thread, Iíve been using SmoothTrack as a super effective lower cost alternative to a full TrackIR setup (assuming you already have a compatible smart phone). It really makes such a difference.

This is true, SmoothTrack plus opentrack works a treat in FS2020, and is only $5 between them.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Here's something for the bush pilots. IL-2 just added more detail ground terrain mostly to benefit the tank gameplay. It looks like grass field landings are going to get more difficult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avz3Bdba2KQ

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

CTD on activating VR from menu or sim. Bah.

Because it was my first time up since I got the new 34" monitor, I went up over Tucson to check out the airplane graveyard, which is suitably impressive. I managed a really nice landing too, so other than VR not working it was... 17 minutes of air time for 90 minutes troubleshooting.

Thread title still checks out.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Combat Pretzel posted:

Apparently if you're using SteamVR, you're supposed to start SteamVR first before the game. There seems to be an issue where it drops frames. Sure seemed like it when I exited the game and dropped into SteamVR void, which had the same judder.

Then this setting apparently also has an effect:

I'll try that.

I did get VR to start finally. It did not look good, and turning my head left me looking at the SteamVR Theater for a half second before the landscape fills in.

So I fired up IL-2 and flew a U-2 night bomber mission. When the AA tracers start to come up and the searchlights have you, that's one hell of an immersive experience in VR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Oh, for that as a POI...