Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I tried to play again after taking a couple weeks off and I'm getting a "You're too early" message when I try to launch the game. In the MS store it says that the game is installed. Any way to fix this? It won't launch the game at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Romes128 posted:

I tried to play again after taking a couple weeks off and I'm getting a "You're too early" message when I try to launch the game. In the MS store it says that the game is installed. Any way to fix this? It won't launch the game at all.

So I just got off the phone with Microsoft support and they said since I downloaded the game via Game Pass and upgraded to the Deluxe version I would have to re-subscribe to Game Pass again (I cancelled it a couple weeks ago since I don't play any Xbox games anymore).

So I either have to get Game Pass again or buy the game again. Fuckin' sucks.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

Wait, doesn't upgrading to the deluxe version cost the full price of the deluxe version if you have gamepass?

Yes, but apparently you don't actually buy the game if you upgrade. You buy 400 points and that's used to upgrade the game.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xakura posted:

Uh, you thought you would get the game+upgrade for the price of the upgrade? Truly a mystery why microsoft wouldn't allow that.

Cojawfee posted:

I don't think you understand. The full price of the deluxe edition is 90 dollars. If you have game pass and go to try to buy the deluxe upgrade in game, the price is 90 dollars. If it was just an upgrade, it would cost 30 dollars and require you to keep game pass going for the 60 dollar base version.

Correct. I paid for the full deluxe version after first playing the game through Game Pass.

Paid $108.86. The rep from Microsoft said I would either have to get Game Pass again or just outright buy the game again from the MS store.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Another call with ms and they explained that for the price of the deluxe edition i didn’t buy the deluxe edition I bought digital currency which covered the cost of the deluxe edition... which is insane but ok.

But that can’t be changed to a ms store purchase even though I bought the deluxe version in game not through Xbox game pass. Even though the store recognizes I have the game downloaded and installed but when I hit play I get an error like when the game hadn’t been released yet.

There are other people online complaining about the same thing but no solution. Guess I’ll eat the $10 a month for pc game pass.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also I’m getting 75 FPS on a 3080 at 1440 just with the level of detail sliders set to 100. I’m sure there’s other settings I can change but for now those made the biggest difference. Game looks awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

No, I paid $91 dollary doos for it. I uninstalled it and now it wont let me redownload it without rebuying it. Amazing.

Went through this a couple days ago.

Either get Game Pass again or buy it again through the MS store were the only options given to me by Microsoft. They can't transfer the purchase cause apparently when you buy it through the game you purchase 400 flight sim points or whatever and that goes toward whatever version you bought. It's dumb af.

I ended up getting Game Pass for PC. It's $10 a month. At least you get other games with it.