Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
To be fair, I don't think you're being nit picky. To not be able tofly under bridges is pretty poo poo to be honest. I've been able to do it in every flight sim since the 80s. I understand the procedurally created ones it's a bit difficult but when you're handmaking them it's a crazy choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Updated now the game won't connect to the Internet. Firewall is letting it so who knows.

Good job asobo. Good job.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

Steadiman posted:

I think they were having server problems, I'm sure it'll be sorted out soon

Have sorted it. When I first launched it did ask for firewall permissions which I gave it. But for some reason it only gave it to my local network not the Internet.

Still blaming asobo.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Should be any secund now really. Usually about this time of day it goes up.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Really impressed with the secret sauce they finally got round to introducing. Hitting 60fps for the most part on high with a few things ramped up to ultra. Cities still bring it down but only to about 45fps which, when I was hitting 25 before that is fantastic.

Does make you think how much of a mess the programme was before.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Are any of the small jets worth it is FS2020? I want somthing small and fast to whizz through mountain passes but don't want to pay 20 bux for a broken mess.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Chuck Yeagher Air Combat on Pc and Fa18 Interceptor on the amiga. Just good memories of playing them.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Hmmm, tried starting up today and it says mandatory update needed but the MS store says everything up to dat including digital ownership. Have tried resetting the app in settings, logging in and out of the MS store.

FFS.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Tried that and didnt work. What did work was using wsreset as admin to reset the microsoft store cache. FFS MS. YOu should fix your poo poo.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

sigher posted:

I thought someone found a way to import Google Maps Data?

Has been possible since the SDK came out. Basically rip from google earth, import to 3d software like blender then export in a model file the game can see. Then dip into the SDK to place it in the world. Load of tutorials up, unless they changed recently that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
With the sale on in Dcs, what would be the best map to get? I'm thinking one of the middle east ones to be a contrast to the default one.

Really want to get the F16.......