Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I fire it up every few days to keep FSE going and help pay for my friends aircraft and our FBO network but drat is it frustrating to try to do anything properly in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

won’t someone please think of the monorail modeling team

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Steadiman posted:

I remember reading in the most recent patch notes that they changed something about when the lightning stuff gets triggered but, as a result, I now seem to have lightning and thunder on every flight. It's a super cool effect but on a clear blue sky with just a few cirrus clouds lazily drifting around, it's a bit much. Is anyone else experiencing the constant wrath of Thor? Or did I just anger the gods :(

Yep, me too.

Game is impossible to enjoy for me right now :(

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Combat Pretzel posted:

So, uh, autothrottle doesn't work anymore in the 787? Or at least it broke here after I let the plane climb from take-off to 16000ft. Causing the plane to overspeed when leveling out. The gently caress?

--edit: I'm now flying level at 270kn, and the nose is like 7° up to maintain altitude.

Jesus loving Christ, Asobo!

Please, god, won’t you think of the aircraft modeling team that has nothing to do with this

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Shocked they actually flew the patch before pushing it out. They’re learning.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Man. Fixing the base game via GitHub.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

“This is the place to get pay ware and mods from launch” sure but are there any mods or payware worth a poo poo aside from that GitHub?

The Japan add on was about the biggest one and was the marketplace exclusive.

Just pay key developers to be a marketplace exclusive and market those when they’re available. But it’s all kind of a joke when the basics are so broken they’re delaying patches.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

(I am really liking the Baron, incidentally, and I wish they had a steam-gauge version)

No kidding. One of my first purchases will be a version that takes the xplane cockpit layout and puts it in msfs

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

G1000 worked better then than this iteration today

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/MSFS_Support/status/1321927413853425664

Asobo continues to deliver. Sounds like it might be an issue with Fanatec rudder pedals.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Sebastian Flyte posted:

Uh, Fanatec rudder pedals...?

Yeah idk I think people have used the racing pedals and assigned axis based on those? I dunno.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Shipon posted:

I don't think people realize or care how bad it makes them look when they cry and whine when a new bug pops up instead of matter-of-factly stating the bug that happens with constructive information on what their circumstances were. Can't imagine a dev really wants to put effort into a bug when someone screams that the game is useless and a waste of money when the AP wobbles a bit from side to side.

holy poo poo thinking any of this matters

also incredible thinking that half of these bugs require any sort of “constructive information”, even though it does exist in the bug tracker

they’re professionals and presumably have an ounce of pride in their sim and want it to be right. that may be too big of an assumption but just my opinion.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Jenny Agutter posted:

you'd think "downloading content" was an extremely loving solved problem at this point in history

welcome to flight sim

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

This thread is so great, multiple posts explaining why not to buy any of the deluxe versions and the immediate next post is someone considering buying the deluxe version. It’s so good.

Digital Ownership, have you tried reinstalling it from here? https://www.microsoft.com/p/digital-ownership/9nhnch1hdgg5

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

yeah totally, man

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

What’s your autopilot workflow? What are you pressing in what order

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Many approaches won’t require radar vectors.

Flight plan your SID and STAR based on real world routings and expect ATC to issue “climb vis SID” and “descend via the arrival” and you’ll be far more realistic than waiting for stuff to populate or be turned to the airport.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

skooma512 posted:

I did an ILS into Honolulu and it was a poo poo show. They were having me in their pattern at 7000, dropped me to 4200 and 2000 while loving turning all within like 30 nm in an Airbus.

I can't imagine the actual airspace requiring airliners to overfly the landmass and turn around when you can have the plane out to sea right until it actually lands.

What’s your definition of pattern? 30nm is pretty far out.

For HNL arrivals from the mainland when landing north east, you will swing across the eastern edge of the island, head south west into the pattern then a 180 turn to final.

Example: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL483/history/20201129/0205Z/KLAX/PHNL

Yeah the ILS for 04 is a dme arc, so that makes sense. 08 is definitely going to have you fly over the island to pick it up. Why fly ILS into Honolulu though? It’s a beauty to fly visual

sellouts fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 29, 2020

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

It is an incredibly poorly made piece of software.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

PT6A posted:

I've got an idea: how about they don't add a single new point of interest until they have Direct-To working properly on the GPS?

I was considering if I wanted to re-install everything and this answered my question.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

azflyboy posted:

It's worth mentioning that this isn't a "buy once" payware thing, since he's planning on making it a subscription for some reason.

Incredible.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Anime Store Adventure posted:

This is really quality thought about what one these “progression” sims should look like. GA and Tube are two distinctly different games for me: I like to fly tubes when I have something that can be done during cruise- laundry, cleaning up a little, etc., and I like flying GA when I want an actual, more hands on experience of flying. Almost all of the current offerings kind of assume that GA is a punishment for not flying tubes and it’s weird, but it does track with my experience of folks who play commercial sims. Their loss.

100%. You said it better than I could.

I was preparing to load this back up after taking a break and I saw that they broke flaps and it just reset my urge.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Kunabomber posted:

Yeah I can absolutely see myself using the hell out of the stopwatch during bush flights

Why not just use your phone today?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

yeah you’re both totally right my bad

sellouts fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 16, 2021

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Im not dying about it, people can do whatever they want. It just seems strange to talk about that as the feature when the below is less than $20 and totally useful in and outside of flight sim.

https://imgur.com/a/hIi9w1z

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Awesome, that whole setup does kick a lot of rear end and I am excited for it to be really good.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Is this pmdg prop plane any good in msfs?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Lord Stimperor posted:

How do you do a steep approach like the 5.5 degrees at London City? It's hard if not impossible to lose speed while descending that fast. So I guess you have to descend at the absolute minimum speed you can?

What aircraft are you in?

Probably a problem with dodgy physics but really only a few jet aircraft are capable of landing there due to the steep approach. The A318 had extra spoilers and had a light (32 seat) load.

I’d probably just ride full spoilers down to 3000, dump gear and be fully configured for landing 5.0 DME knowing that when you hit 3.4 DME you’re going to be dropping like a rock. If you’re taking 28 in I’d use the outbound leg to slow level at 3000 or 2000 and when you turn to final you’ll be ready to go.

Edit: also I think the approach charts have some speed limited points to help with your planning. drat I loved flying into and out of that airport.

sellouts fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 4, 2021

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

learn to follow ifr procedures and use climb via sid departures and you’re halfway there. If there aren’t altitude restrictions on the climb you’re probably just cleared to certain altitudes because of limitations of airspace for different atc.

Arrivals similar, Descend via star, pick a transition, vector to faf and ils in until you’re clear visual.

I really don’t get the need for simulated atc when there’s plenty to do in flight if you take automation out of the mix and want to learn really how to plan a flight and hand fly it.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

0toShifty posted:

I bought the Leonardo Maddog X for FS2020 and wanted to give impressions, I have mainly flown the A32NX.

Thanks for this, I loved the other maddog

Does the fs2020 version have shared cockpit like previous versions?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

what plane are you flying that will go into a spin if you mess up an approach?

What’s missing for your ability to fly rnav?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Yeah, thanks I’m happy I haven’t picked it up in months. I thought the cirrus thing was bad piloting / people with money and not training but I guess would be a good thing to simulate!

Is hand flying rnav approaches not allowed? Or just the automation that’s hosed?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

So it’s not just automation but an issue with gps data or the representation itself, got it. What a mess.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I flew southwest for the first time as we had a very tight timeline and it was the only one who fit. I had a good run.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Less arcade and more simulator in my Microsoft flight simulator please.

I do like the older vintage planes and mission based stuff, that’s neat. Analog gauges seems like something people will waste time with once and not worth it if you don’t like the aircraft already.

I think there’s a casual and advanced balance that’s possible but I’m glad folks are having fun with it.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Wooops wrong thread

sellouts fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 16, 2022

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

there’s literally a picture that shows you what it’s for

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Communist Bear posted:

How scary and/or beginner friendly is vatsim? Is the community friendly enough to learn with?

I kind of want to try it but I'm scared.

https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/cat-ratings

There’s no reason you can’t take these and just do them on Vatsim. Laartcc launched them many many years ago and usually is staffed up.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Yep and that link has a literal transcript to help know what to start with and how to reply.

If you get on freq and they reply differently you’ll definitely get help because you’re trying and most folks just do the ifr tube liner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Communist Bear posted:

Okay it wasn't that scary. The person I got was really nice and patient. I'll try again once I understand importing flight plans and understanding where the gently caress i'm going.

Think i'll try aiports I know, will make life easier for learning.

That’s good to hear! It’s VFR so find a super small towered airport and just putter around without worrying about airspace too much.