Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Do we know if there is a patch coming this week? I have basically quit playing this for now due to all the poo poo the latest patch broke, which makes me sad because I like flight simming and Star Wars Squadrons is a pale substitute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Well, I know I said that I quit playing, but just tried to do a short flight. Clear skies and winds aloft of...150mph at FL310. Seems legit

edit: maybe this is normal? looks like I'm flying in the polar jetstream

Soy Division fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 7, 2020

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Vaminn posted:

I checked the winds aloft on noaa and it seems right.

Yeah, just usually don't fly in regions where the jet stream is active so it was a bit of a surprise.

Flight was still a dud though, since I'm working I turned on the AI copilot (which you could previously rely on to at least fly the flight plan even if it would crash the plane on final) and it decided to ignore the approach ATC gave it and fly 100 miles past the airport.

Also, MSFS turned off my Bing Maps texture downloads for no reason. If things suddenly look like poo poo make sure to take a look at that setting!

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

The pitch oscillation bug is game breaking for me, so I guess I won't be picking this up again for a while. Utterly ruins realism to have to turn off autopilot constantly because it's causing 10-15 degree pitch oscillations. To make matters worse if you're using OnAir you'll probably get a "G Force Excess" penalty that fucks up your reputation and causes airframe damage.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

skooma512 posted:

There’s no way I’m doing long distances if I can’t use any time compression or autopilot :(

Level flight works fine for me most of the time thankfully. It's climb/descent that are broken, especially climb. Still annoying enough to be game breaking.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

LOL, they seem to have fixed autopilot by breaking FLC mode. It doesn't work on descent any longer

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

i am kiss u now posted:

It never worked on descent.

It did for at least some planes although it was a bit janky, I've been using it...

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Are there any jets in MSFS2020 that are flyable without an incredible amount of jankiness? I keep losing money in OnAir buying one then selling it because of glaring issues that ruin the flying experience.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

they "just encountered" autopilot issues? it's been broken for a month

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

skooma512 posted:

I remember when Arma 3 came out with workshop support. In Arma 2 and back you had all kinds of random sites hosting mods. Cobbled together installers and updaters for core mods like Six Updater. Then the workshop came out and all that poo poo just went to Steam. We're not limited by hosting because it's not just some Czech guy's fan site or beholden to rickety homebrew installers that barely work.

ATS/ETS2 support Steam Workshop as well but it's not very useful because the lead poisoned boomers who are a big part of the community absolutely refuse to distribute on anything but their own sites

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Update is out...

https://www.flightsimulator.com/release-notes-1-10-7-0-update-5-now-available/

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

No A/P issues so far but I haven’t tried an instrument approach yet so not sure if that is still bugged.

Less lightning happening in Florida but still more than would be ideal.

Working Title G1000/3000 displays semi broken but still flyable, they’re already working on a fix.

Overall solid patch 8/10

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Anyone else get prompted to install a 32KB update this morning? Is Asobo pushing hotfixes now?

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Combat Pretzel posted:

Weird, it's 252MB here.

12.75GB here. Maybe they patched some premium content?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Sapozhnik posted:

The problem isn't that the control loops are bad (although they are, LNAV will still hunt on radio navaids but everything else is more or less tolerable in the latest patches)

The problem is that the actual cockpit interface to the autopilot is broken. If you activate FLC on the ground it will set your target altitude to be the ground irrespective of whatever altitude bug you have. Which will of course lawn dart your plane as soon as you switch on AP shortly after takeoff.

This is fixed in the Working Title G1000/G3000 mods (for me anyway). There's really no reason not to use them, they're great.