Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Kiwillian posted:

I am having enormous problems with trim and I don't know why. I cannot clear the tutorial flight that includes it (Take off and Level Flight).

Am I missing something? I've been using a PS4 controller, but even keyboard doesn't help. At least it doesn't cock block me from the other tutorials but it still annoys me that I just cannot figure it out.

I did just get a Logitech 3D Extreme Pro stick and might remap the trim to the throttle tab thingy. Also, the default button mapping blows anyway so I'll probably spend an hour tomorrow remapping everything

I remapped the vertical trim to the left throttle on my warthog. Way easier to control with a device like that than using a button, so yeah if you have a spare slider axis somewhere, I would definitely recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Any tips on taming the rudder? I remapped the clutch and the throttle from my Logitech G27 racing pedals into one virtual rudder with Gremlin and vJoy.

It looks perfect in the input viewer, and when I use the outside view in game it also looks fine, but the planes still react very violently. This happens both in air and on the ground and make it very hard to control.

Should I change the sensitivity in game? And how exactly?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Sweet, thanks.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

I'm trying to set up my stream deck using this: https://github.com/nguyenquyhy/Flig...cker-StreamDeck

Anybody use it? The documentation is rather, um, short, and some more examples would be nice.

And I'm also looking for some kind of interface to SimConnect, to read the values of variables and poo poo.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Lord Stimperor posted:

Belgium has lit highways, and I think parts of France too? Maybe Asobo are judt flexing about their decent roads by acting as though everyone had them.

A lot of the lights in Belgium aren't turned on anymore, only when there's bad weather.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

MrYenko posted:

Iím in the middle of building a custom 80/20 Dual-purpose flight sim/racing rig. Once I get it nearer to done (waiting on parts) Iíll post some pics.

This is exactly what I want to do as well. Well, or buy one.

What are you planning to do for pedals? And monitors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Can you fly under those bridges?