Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I still have the download problem with the msfs patcher where if it gets above 22 Mbits or so, it fails and restarts big files over and over again. Have to restrict my connection to 20 Mbit download which makes it take forever to patch but at least it gets done. Wish they would fix the drat patcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

Qubee posted:

Is OnAir still the go-to career addon thingy? Game made MSFS an absolute blast to play and I'm wanting to pick it up again. I got really hooked at one point doing night flights and hauling cargo.

NeoFly 4 just came out in public release this month. The UI takes a bit to get used to but it's free if you want to just be a solo pilot and work your way up into purchasing other planes so you can run more cargo or passengers. If you want to hire pilots and have them fly missions, it's an additional :10bux: (iirc). If you want to start an airline and have a FBO, it's another :10bux:. NeoFly has been my go-to for a career addon with a sense of progression

There's also one called The Skypark ($30 I think) which has a very slick UI that makes it look like you are using an ipad. This one is mainly pick a place, pick a mission, and pick whatever aircraft you want to fly. It rewards you with money and rep but not sure if they added anything that uses it yet. This one is great if you just want to fly with a purpose but don't want to worry about buying planes or pilots.

OnAir... Used to be fun with goons a couple years ago but it's my understanding they nerfed a lot of things and most people stopped using it because what they were doing + charging a monthly fee just wasn't worth it.

Another free career mode thing is FSE I think. I signed into it once and the UI was confusing and seemed to be geared towards running airline routes in big planes so I didn't really give it a chance.

Id suggest starting with free NeoFly 4 and seeing how you like it

Quick edit: one thing I liked about onAir is that the UI could set up the cargo weight in the sim for you, for some reason the other options are unable to do that so like in NeoFly you need to make sure your airplane weight in sim is set to same or greater then the mission otherwise you won't get the full bonus

Danith fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 20, 2023