Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
WARNING: the op contains spoilers for To the Top Part 1 (I will change it whenever there's news about the next season)

It’s Fall Spring High, everybody! The last chance for our good Karasuno volleyboys to become national champions! At least with the current team.

A lot happened when we last left our heroes back in Winter 2020. Like Hinata grew one whole new brain cell!

Meanwhile Kageyama made a lot of good friends in Tokyo!

He’s fine now.

The rest of Karasuno were also doing their best to prepare for the Tournament. The third-years got some quality screen-time to show their bonds and determination.

Even Kiyoko got her episode!

Good for you, girl!

But will all the preparation help the team overcome their biggest challenge yet – changing the colour of the jerseys?

(seriously, this probably won’t be a problem in the anime but in the manga I constantly got confused what the hell was going on because of the change…)

Not to mention that Miya Atsumu looks like a tough cookie to beat. And total drama queen.

AND on top of all that Inarizaki’s cheering squad is apparently trained in subterfuge!? I really hope Karasuno’s fans can think of something at least as catchy as “Go, go, let’s go, let’s go, Datekou”, because if not, poo poo’ll get real y’all

Haikyuu!! To the Top season 2 will start airing on October 2 8:45pm CEST/11:45am PT at Crunchyroll and will have 12 episodes.
Because the manga has already ended, there’s probably no point in starting a separate thread for it, so I’ll allow manga talk here, provided it’s spoiler tagged and preceded by a warning. And no spoilers for what’s happening this season

macabresca fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Afaik there weren't any announcements that to the top is the last one but there wasn't any talk about continuation yet either. We'll see! I think they're gonna adapt the whole thing though

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
All right, let's go!

Saeko is the awesomest :allears:

I'm glad they included a short recap of the match so far. Last season just kinda stopped so that was nice

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

KidDynamite posted:

I love that this wholesome show is back. I just started reading the manga this week because the first half of this season sort of just stopped in the middle of what seems like the start of an amazing arc.

I'm literally just caught up to where last season ended so I'm trying to decide should I plow ahead with the manga or wait and watch?

I'd watch the anime first. This match was very hard for me to read in the manga because not only Karasuno have different colours than usual, which constantly confused me, the Miya twins are hard to tell apart in black and white

That's just might be me and my utter inability to decipher action in any manga

Kingtheninja posted:

I know I'm way behind on this series but I just want to say watching this team come together in the beginning is super fun (episode 9).

Oh, you've just started? Have fun, then :D

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Also, I hope the animation will improve next week because, well

https://twitter.com/DEATHyamasan/status/1314663001895571456

macabresca fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 9, 2020

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I heard this episode was outsourced. And they packed like 7 chapters into it? The first episode looked good so hopefully it's a one-off thing

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
That's an interesting reading!

Tbh I didn't like this match very much when I got to it in the manga. I thought that Inarizaki didn't represent anything new, they were just some super tough guys to beat. I thought the match was lacking emotional stakes, other than 'we have to win because it's our last chance.' But the way you framed it makes a lot of sense and now I feel kinda dumb for not seeing it earlier :sweatdrop: Watching this season with that in mind should be entertaining, even if I still prefer other matches.

Also, the new eye-catchers are cute I guess, but I really miss the old ones.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Haikyuu looks good again!

Bullbar posted:

Tadashi!!!

I love that first posts after each new episode so far are just names :lol:

Kingtheninja posted:

Just finished the first season. I kind of saw the end result coming but it's still so much fun. Starting the next season today, on to Tokyo!

There were some very fun characters introduced in that arc iirc. And I really liked the end of the first season. So many series I've seen lately have protagonists overcoming all the obstacles without much of a hassle but it's so important to see them fail

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Kenma is a very good boy

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
There was some great animation in this episode! I thought the game itself didn't look very dynamic but this scene of Kenma and Tora arguing is so good

https://sakugabooru.com/data/a520de54add831d5dfb181ce6c7f2451.mp4

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
GUTS

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I'm glad this one girl in the audience noticed how loving weird it is to get so god drat serious about school tournament that you'd boo at one kid for no reason

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
To the Top as a whole is going to have 25 episodes, yes.

Meaning there's... 6 episodes left? Wait, what? Already?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

OnimaruXLR posted:

If that's the case then I'm guessing the final season is going to get a new subtitle

Probably. Season 3 was already just "Karasuno vs Shiratorizawa" iirc.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
For the love of all that's holy, do not give Hinata guns

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
God bless them for trying to make me care about Kinnoshita. I might even remember his name for a day or two.

I had kinda mixed feelings about this season so far but last couple of episodes were very good so hopefully it'll end on a high note

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Climax preview
https://twitter.com/animehaikyu_com/status/1330114963613102080

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Not a motto, but that little speech about the blood and the brain that Nekoma apparently does before every match is also hilarious

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
My favourite part was this one guy who almost composed a poem after seeing that receive

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
And thus Kageyama completed his journey of Learning that Being a Dick is ok Sometimes

Also, when I see how many quick decisions the players, and especially the setters need to make in this show, I weep. Then you watch actual game and it seems like everybody's just running in circles trying to get the ball in a right place

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Oh man, I can't believe there's only one episode left, how the gently caress

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
How dare they make me so hype for Nekoma match and not announce new season immediately

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I don't think I've watched the OVA which came after the first season, what's it about? Is it good?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Best boy so far?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
:hmmyes:

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
:same:

They eventually add more characters but it's a real shame the eye-catchers changed, they used to be so cool

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Be the change you want to see in the world!

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Seems like timp's wish is partially granted because someone started the volleyball thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3974384 but anticipated anime shitposting so we gotta be careful I guess :crossarms:

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
It'd be a real shame if they never made more seasons, especially since haikyuu has a pretty good ending

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Not sure I got it right but seems like haikyuu is going to be continued as movies?

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1558378969996484608?s=20&t=JjEyPnzhlLG4NekPwtdGPw

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
...maybe they'll be very long movies...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I remember liking the trashcan match (or whatever they called it) much more than the one with the twins. Many good boys in both teams