Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

Yeah, same here. Fusion is the only Metroid game I managed to finish because it maintains a sense of escalation - all the enemies and environments of Super or Zero Mission feel utterly interchangeable to me and I found it extremely easy to get bored of them - "Oh look, giant bug type #23".

I agree with this. For the same reason I feel Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword has a much stronger narrative experience than Breath of the Wild ever could have. You simply need some linearity to be able to tell a good story and to give a true sense of progression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Simply Simon posted:

Those random-rear end floor pillars are dumb, imho. I never think of bombing unmarked floor as a solution, and I did in fact get quite stuck there my first time playing. It's just such a non-puzzle to me, I tried a lot of other stuff but "just bomb" never occurred to me.

Since bombs show what types of blocks tiles actually are "bomb everything" I usually my go-to solution if I have no idea what to do.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Gnoman posted:

Coukd you have gottem that boss with bombs? That's certainly whatnit seemed to be telegraphing to me.

If you let it jump on you it sucks you in and starts draining your energy. I think at that point you can escape using bombs.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Damanation posted:

The unwillingness to use charged shots drives me crazy

Sorry, but Tea CLEARLY said in an earlier episode "you don't ALWAYS need to charge", and Nat took that to heart by never charging anymore.
When he DOES listen to advice for once you people are still mad.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Shitenshi posted:

Has anyone ever actually managed to get back up through that narrow pathway in the BOX fight room and talk to Adam without going to the restricted area? I'm guessing no, since not even Power Bombs can break the regenerating blocks, but on the other hand, the alternate route mentioned back to the navigation room after Nightmare is all kinds of crazy, so I'm open minded enough to think that someone somewhere has done some weird nonsense, and that's not even getting into the glitched alternate routes you can take that will gently caress the game's progression royally.

Also, the reason Goku Black goes by Super Saiyan Rose, is as was discussed in your Castlevania VLP, all the gods of destruction and their angel attendants are named after different forms of booze, and naming his Super Saiyan form after Rose liquor was his way to count himself as one of them.

The only intended sequence breaking is the Nightmare shinespark. You can abuse bugs in the game to do unintended sequence breaking, but yeah, that fucks with event flags and will cause the game to start glitching out or lock up. This game does not like sequence breaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Watching that first vid I realized something.

That bit where you're on top of the high wall and an aggro'd SA-X keeps jumping and can't reach you?

The SA-X does not. ever. use the Space Jump until the actual final boss battle. Only single Screw Attack powered spin jumps.

But it was made clear that the SA-X is you at full power, and there's nothing indicating it didn't have Space Jump powers before that fight.

It's almost like the SA-X is bad at using the Space Jump and prefers not using it until given no choice, by which time it's had plenty of time to practice it.

Just like a certain other Samus we know.