Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
I'm just here for the inevitable tinbanging in a year and a half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
In before kastein just builds the whole house out of scrounged engine blocks, I-beams and concrete.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
I have no idea what the waters like in WA, but if it's too hard a softener is a pretty simple install, the residential ones I worked on years back only needed salt refill once a month or so, and that was one 50lb at most.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
All I know about fire suppression systems can be boiled down to, the installers a generally pretty cool to work with, will reroute(to a limit) any time you need them to. But if you don't get to them real drat early, you're going to have sprinkler pipes/hangers in every spot you were going to put some.

It's almost magical.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
The problem is trades don't tend to collaborate when the shop is making the field plans, and sprinkler guys have the fire inspector on their side.

But like I said, every group I've worked with has been more than willing to reroute where they could. It's just that their stuff goes up really quickly compared to ductwork, so if you don't catch them before or during, it's likely that you won't even see them on the jobsite for days or weeks.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
I would have to be, yes, but some people find it relaxing, for some reason.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

kastein posted:

Crosspostin'

Also I repainted the entire RV roof with Henry Tropicoat White and it leaks about 90% less now. Uncertain if the remaining leak is from the gaping hole in the weather cap on the AC unit (likely) or the fact that I couldn't recoat the filon roofing where it went under the AC unit (somewhat likely.). I've got another 3/4 gallon left so worst case I can get the AC unit blocked up a bit and recoat under it too.

Today we did government paperwork related to the move, retrieved our tools from the hiding spot at the back of the property, pounded in the posts for the front gate, and cleared the driveway, of brush and blackberries. I also spent some time with my spray paint and 300' tape measure pretending to be a surveyor, but forgot to bring the metal detector so didn't find either of the remaining AWOL corner markers.

Tomorrow we hope to get the gate hung, move the log out of the way for the last time, clear the landing pad we'll be putting everything on for now, etc etc.

So exciting, more adventures!

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
Nevermind, was thinking this was the old house thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Dang, that's a solid day's work. Weirdest looking "drywall" I've ever seen though :v:

The mythical load-bearing drywall.