Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Building materials have gone crazy due to Covid I am told by my contractor friend. Things that used to take a week to arrive now take a 6 weeks from when you order them, and the prices are whacky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

kastein posted:

Wow that's some bullshit.

Well driller and I talked today, they had to re-chlorinate and retest this week, apparently the first (and maybe second? I didn't get a good idea of how many times they've run the samples) sample failed for coliform bacteria. Not fecal coliform, just coliform, he says it's been happening a lot this year for some reason and it should be fine. It's something to do with the cleanliness of the well install, I'm guessing because their equipment and well casing stockpile sits outside in their equipment lot and something is getting on it.

Coliform bacteria is everywhere. My real estate friend says it's very common for houses to fail.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Why not put up one of those carport things are park it underneath? It won't leak if it had a roof above it

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I follow a guy a tik-tok that repairs RVs for a living. What i have learned from him is that quality of RVs is similar to the quality of the Subaru Justy.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
A hidden camera setup might yield some interesting results.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

kastein posted:

You all pretty much nailed it (heh) on this, it's much easier to put it on when it's flat and square the walls up then stand them and screw them down.

I've been debating putting windows in the top but the original thought was that I'd use more T1-11, they're exactly 24" long openings so all 4 can come out of one sheet. Now I'm debating using clear corrugated siding on that part though... Because this won't have any lights in it.

I have a shed without windows and it really sucks because there isn't power for lights. When the door closes on me (and it always does) it's pitch black. Then I kick it open and try to get my poo poo done in 10 seconds before it closes again. At my last house my shed had 4 smallish windows (proportional to the size of the shed as if it was a small house) and I had no problems with lighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

kastein posted:

It looks like I should have read the manual because guess who didn't lap the roofing 2 rows?

I'm going to ignore that until after I move this drat thing, use caulking or tape if it leaks, and do it right on the second try... Probably with different roofing and lights inside too.

You might be able to just cut a piece up to cover the joints and create some overlap.