Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I just had “40 year” textured burnished slate standing seam metal put on a house. For someone else to do it, along with taking 3 chimneys down, venting ridge caps, removing the 90 year old standing seam terne roof, plus all the trim work, it was $23k. For an “ag metal” metal roof and ceiling liner on a 24 x 50 garage over the existing shingles it was $6k. They said the standing seam will last about 5 years longer. Most of the cost was labor and trim. On a house without a ton of trim and peaks/eaves it would have been half that. On my new place we will probably be doing the same standing seam roof, with ag metal or cement board siding. Standing seam is about $6k more than ag metal roofing, but no fasteners to worry about.

If fire is a concern I would go with ag metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

kastein posted:

Crosspostin'

Also I repainted the entire RV roof with Henry Tropicoat White and it leaks about 90% less now. Uncertain if the remaining leak is from the gaping hole in the weather cap on the AC unit (likely) or the fact that I couldn't recoat the filon roofing where it went under the AC unit (somewhat likely.). I've got another 3/4 gallon left so worst case I can get the AC unit blocked up a bit and recoat under it too.

Today we did government paperwork related to the move, retrieved our tools from the hiding spot at the back of the property, pounded in the posts for the front gate, and cleared the driveway of brush and blackberries. I also spent some time with my spray paint and 300' tape measure pretending to be a surveyor, but forgot to bring the metal detector so didn't find either of the remaining AWOL corner markers.

Tomorrow we hope to get the gate hung, move the log out of the way for the last time, clear the landing pad we'll be putting everything on for now, etc etc.

Rv AC units have a gasket that fails. Sometimes you can just tighten the mounting bolts a little more.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
You never mentioned the loving tiger mural on the back of the camper.