Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs SCU 11 15.71%
Jericho vs Kassidy 3 4.29%
Starks vs Allin 41 58.57%
Mox vs Butch 15 21.43%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FTR are weenies and I love them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JR's BBQ Sauce vs Billy Mitchell's Hot Sauce

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Let's All Love Luther

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"If anyone votes for me you're getting so buried on Wednesday"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

So have the imposters won every single time?

every round except the first i think

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

A goon meme? Show yourself Uno you coward

Joey Janela called him Big Biceps Tony before too....

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nyla and Uno are absolute masters of deception

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fully expecting Kiplock Holmes bits on BTE after this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did a quick double take when i saw the name Eric Watts

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kvantum posted:

4e was a great game... but a bad edition of Dungeons and Dragons. "WotC Brand Fantasy RPG now with D&D Monsters" is how I describe it.

"Hey, remember all those settings for 3e that you liked? Yeah, we're breaking everything about them!"

lmao

oh no my precious Dungeons & Dragons premade settings

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

kenny omega come to brazil!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

smarxist posted:

do we know all the people in the singles tournament for big plat yet?

i feel like Kenny vs Hangman final would be a banger, Kenny goes over Hangman, beats Mox, and then we have Hangman's redemption climb during Kenny's reign

we only know Kenny, Fenix and Jungle Boy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Seams posted:

I used to love it when two guys hated each other so much they would start beating the piss out of one another on the rampway during the entrances. Now everybody needs to do their 15 minute choreographed entrances while the other guy just stands there* :(

*obviously more of a WWE thing

it feels weird to say but I really appreciate that people's entrances in AEW are simple and not 2 hour memorized routines that precede a wrestling match

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I don't find it weird at all. To me its WWE's problem in a nutshell. They're all sizzle and packaging. Everyone's got a heavily choreographed and rehearsed entrance because the heavily polished package is what WWE is. AEW's got a more organic feel so t feels more real and live. And part of that is that the wrestlers generally aren't doing choreographed dance routines before matches. They're walking to the ring.

yeah like when Ricky Starks is gesticulating to the beat of his entrance theme or Lance Archer is singing along to his on the turnbuckles its because they're just fuckin jazzed about themselves and their cool theme songs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if Kenny Omega played a lot of Rome: Total War and got really good at the battles he'd be the Best Rout Machine

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

All y'all who are down on elaborately choreographed dance entrances need to watch some Genki Sudo matches.

Genki Sudo dance entrances are not what we're talking about when we talk poo poo about WWE's entrance routines.

the best example I can give is in NXT when one wrestler was assaulting the other after the match and Rhea Ripley did a dramatic run in but she still had to do her specially timed roar-stomp to her music

during a run-in

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

an option for an engraving on the side of an AR-15 upper on a bad website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"real" as in "real wrestling" as in "not sports entertainment"