Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs SCU 11 15.71%
Jericho vs Kassidy 3 4.29%
Starks vs Allin 41 58.57%
Mox vs Butch 15 21.43%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I wish next weeks tag was Jericho and Sammy instead of Hager, not just because Sammy is a better wrestler, but also because he stole Serpentico’s gear that one time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ganso Bomb posted:

I think just the tournament finals are at Full Gear. But I agree, this is the path to Kenny (then Hangman) holding the World Title.

This is correct, I just finished that segment. Tournament finals are at Full Gear.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

JR has seemed especially non-sequitor heavy tonight. There have been multiple times tonight where Taz and Excalibur have been discussing something and JR just chimes in with something completely unrelated that’s at least half a complaint.

Just got to the Britt Baker match and it’s great to have her back, her character is so fun now. That said, I hope Swole also shows up on Dynamite again soon, especially since she won that feud.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MJeff posted:

Okay, so the finals are at Full Gear, it's not for a title shot at Full Gear?

Correct.

CombineThresher posted:

It might be a minute before Swole returns, since she has Crohn's and likely doesn't want to chance the currently-increased risk of the 'rona.

Makes sense, I was surprised she came back to begin with.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I am ready for the FTW belt being the beef division and that includes Wardlow.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/aewrestling/status/1311728228621520896?s=21

Looking forward to the replies losing it over the rankings when FTR ducking ranked teams is clearly the point of their current angle.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

TheManSeries posted:

Kinda hoping Best Friends wind up taking the belts of FTR. I feel like there's way more heat with them than there is the Bucks right now because it is more direct. Bucks have been poo poo talking, but it feels like they are off to the side right now.

This is my sense/hope as well. There’s definitely money in FTR/Bucks but I’d love for the championship to not be part of that equation given the depth of the Division. Flip the belts over to Best Friends and let Kingston-Gun take a run at them.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

History Comes Inside! posted:

Nyla jumping the barricade was lol.

Luther is a total loving waste of a ‘30th anniversary celebration’ event unless there’s going to be a big swerve and they put someone actually worth a poo poo in the match.

It’s Jericho’s anniversary, let him wrestle his friend.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

STAC Goat posted:

I was really thinking of skipping "Jericho Anniversary" but Cody/Brodie Dog Collar and FTR/TH2 is a real hard sell.
Bet Hobbs/Cage is fun too.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

There are almost certainly short term deals in place with the Dark regulars. A few of them appear to have gotten some gear upgrades since they started working AEW.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Luther was Always Good.

It’s so nice when people have good things happen.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Orange Carlisle posted:

And most of the things The Dark Order pull off shouldn't work. They really shouldn't, but they do. Asking Brodie Lee if they can go to chili's if they win then showing up with giant handfuls of chili's take out bags in celebration should have been hokey as gently caress but not only did they make it work but it was really endearing and hilarious. The kool-aid skits shouldn't work but they do. All of it on paper sounds like it should turn out really badly but they're so good at being lovable loser cult members. Amazing performances every week and on BTE and you can tell they're all having a blast doing it.

You can make almost anything entertaining if you 100% commit to the bit.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

That's because those are usually written for them instead of being their own thing.

This is correct.

Also, I very purposefully added the word “almost” into that before I hit post for a reason.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lamuella posted:

She's really good. And has got better in the past few months. As they're moving women onto the main roster, she needs to be at the front of the pack. Hope they give her that match against Nyla and let her embrace the "The King" branding.

Honestly it would be some next level booking if her official promotion to Dynamite ends up being getting revenge on Nyla for blindsiding her during a pull apart between Brandi and Anna Jay during the pull apart between Brodie and Cody.

There’s also a gap on the women’s roster of someone working a hoss style as babyface while Statlander is out.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I hope everyone is ready for the WWE stans to come out in droves complaining about "The King" being a ripoff of "The Man" and attempting to completely invalidate her.

I’d just want to make sure her Twitter notifications quality settings are well locked in.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 2, 2020

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I kind of enjoy how “randomly bumps into Chris Jericho” is the inciting event for so many things.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

She’s been tweeting like she’ll be sticking around to some degree.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

This is incredibly tangentially related, but I hope the White House outbreak pushes AEW to tighten up their COVID protocols as far as masking everyone in the crowd/backstage when not wrestling.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Fightful interviewed Carter and he apparently needs to get his visa together before he signs anywhere. Worked AEW for free because they couldn’t legally pay him. I don’t know why he would disclose that in an interviewer.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 4, 2020

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Wondering if they’re trying something different with Dark by promoting it similarly to Dynamite and not blowing the whole card at once.

Also found this:
https://twitter.com/bowens_official/status/1312782490067709952?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

What happened with Tino Sabatelli as a Dark jobber? I read somewhere that he'd leaked the Bischoff appearance beforehand, is that true?

That’s what everyone is assuming since Bononi was the only other possible suspect and they brought him back.

Hyped that Griff’s gonna get a win, also looking forward to M’Badu and Eddie, I like what I’ve seen from him so far. I’m also into seeing how Skyler/Swole is, I think their styles could mesh well.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 4, 2020

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Griff heading to the pay windah!

Truly love how AEW has made the idea of the pay window a thing.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pillman really strikes me as a guy who could be a reliable midcard fired up babyface if he’s got the right direction and leadership around him to mitigate his inner dumbass.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

His match with Eddie Kingston a few weeks ago was probably the most engaging work I’ve seen from him, but that’s a small sample size.

He’s like the 4th or 5th most interesting unsigned Dark regular to me right now though.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lamuella posted:

Swole / Deeb could be great.

What's interesting to me is who isn't on the card. This uses only a fraction of AEW's roster but manages to look absolutely packed.

Considering they’re taping the anniversary show the next night it makes sense to treat this as part 1 of a supercard.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

Anniversary show and the show after that are live.

Really? Seems dumb that they would break their taping pattern and do three live events in a row like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Cage was also on the Dynamite that was taped two days after the live show Archer had to get pulled from.